Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2015, 11:38 AM

2 posts, read 1,455 times

Advertisements

Hey, basically, i sent a girl a message on facebook after having liked her for several months, we were already friends on facebook. Both of us are the quiet and shy type. Anyway, i sent her a message regarding homework on a Sunday to which she replied the same day. I then asked her about her subjects which she replied on the following Thursday after i sent her another message on the Thursday morning, at the time she did not have messenger. Anyway i replied to her once she replied to me about her subjects and she ended with a 'what about you?' question and smiley face. I replied but she has not 'seen' it yet. http://cdn2.able2know.org/images/v5/...s/icon_sad.gif I don't know what to do as she know does not make eye contact with me where as she had done on a number of occasions before the messages were exchanged. I don't know whether to send her another message, bearing in mind this was in Jan and its now March. I know i should speak to her in person but i don't know her well enough and i don't want to embarrass her etc. What should i do? I really like her but i am not sure what to do for the best! Please help, regards John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 11:40 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john12345678 View Post
Hey, basically, i sent a girl a message on facebook after having liked her for several months, we were already friends on facebook. Both of us are the quiet and shy type. Anyway, i sent her a message regarding homework on a Sunday to which she replied the same day. I then asked her about her subjects which she replied on the following Thursday after i sent her another message on the Thursday morning, at the time she did not have messenger. Anyway i replied to her once she replied to me about her subjects and she ended with a 'what about you?' question and smiley face. I replied but she has not 'seen' it yet. I don't know what to do as she know does not make eye contact with me where as she had done on a number of occasions before the messages were exchanged. I don't know whether to send her another message, bearing in mind this was in Jan and its now March. I know i should speak to her in person but i don't know her well enough and i don't want to embarrass her etc. What should i do? I really like her but i am not sure what to do for the best! Please help, regards John
If you can't even talk to her, how in the world are you going to do anything else???

Come on.

Grow up or give up.

Old 03-19-2015, 12:11 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john12345678 View Post
Hey, basically, i sent a girl a message on facebook after having liked her for several months, we were already friends on facebook. Both of us are the quiet and shy type. Anyway, i sent her a message regarding homework on a Sunday to which she replied the same day. I then asked her about her subjects which she replied on the following Thursday after i sent her another message on the Thursday morning, at the time she did not have messenger. Anyway i replied to her once she replied to me about her subjects and she ended with a 'what about you?' question and smiley face. I replied but she has not 'seen' it yet. I don't know what to do as she know does not make eye contact with me where as she had done on a number of occasions before the messages were exchanged. I don't know whether to send her another message, bearing in mind this was in Jan and its now March. I know i should speak to her in person but i don't know her well enough and i don't want to embarrass her etc. What should i do? I really like her but i am not sure what to do for the best! Please help, regards John
You don't know her well enough to speak to her? How do you expect to get to know her without speaking to her? That's normally how people get to know each other, you know. If she's avoiding eye contact suddenly, maybe it's because she's embarrassed and shy. You'll never know unless you try to talk to her.

Think about it: you have nothing to lose, because you're not friends with her now. So if she doesn't respond to your in-person overtures, you'll have lost nothing. But you have everything to gain. Force yourself out of your comfort zone and say "hello" for heaven's sake! It won't be the end of the world.

Old 03-19-2015, 12:18 PM

2 posts, read 1,455 times
Hi thank you guys for the reply. You're right I do need to man up. Just to clear things up I am not a young school student. I had a chance to speak to her today, but I was with a friend who would 100% embarrass, mickey-take. (He is a great friend I must add, so please no 'why are you friends' comment aha. I guess I just need to do it when the time is right, many more chances will come

Old 03-19-2015, 12:22 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
What's the worst that could happen?

You're already not dating her, so you might as well TRY to get to know her.

Old 03-19-2015, 04:11 PM

61,637 posts, read 87,001,838 times
High School drama!
Open your mouth and learn to speak, this is still the best and most effective way of communicating. You are in the same school. How hard it can be? What people did before FaceBook?

Old 03-19-2015, 04:49 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Send her a text. Or send her another message. Or, ask her out. Good luck!

Old 03-19-2015, 09:37 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,359,651 times
Ahhh, I think it sounds so cute how you sound like you have a bit of a crush on her. (Young "love"....sigh!)
Not meaning to make fun at all or light of your situation. Just the way you explained it brought back a lot of memories for me....and that was a longggggg time before there was Facebook.
Great advice already given and good luck and I hope everything works out for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships