Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 03:34 AM

4,271 posts, read 8,173,552 times

Advertisements

Calm down ladies. His post was from January of 08
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 07:13 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
But your thingy by your name says you are happily married. I'm so confuddled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Me too. That's the second time I'v noticed Rance mention not being married in a few days. What gives....there are wedding photos on the community forum. Is Rance back on the market?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWPN View Post
I noticed that too...
These are old threads your reading, Rance just got married in October 2008.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:13 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Yep. Meanwhile, no married women flirt and do more online.

In my company, two different married women were carrying on with various online boyfriends. Two were really brazen. One guy drove 200 miles to just show up in our lobby, and was quickly ushered back out by the woman he had come so far to meet. Another had a guy send her an enormous flower arrangement. She walked into the office, read the card, blanched, and quickly disposed of the arrangement in the dumpster out back.

And, evidently, one of them was making a lot of money on the side. One day at lunch, I heard the elevator ding, and heard footsteps in the lobby. The receptionist was running an errand, so I went out to greet the visitors, two representatives of the Airport Holiday Inn. They asked for Cathy, who was at lunch. I told them so, and asked if I could help them. The guy said, "Well, we wanted to thank your company for all your business, and wanted to provide you with a corporate discount for all your business." Never having booked a reservation at the Airport Holiday Inn in my life, I simply thanked him for the materials.

As it turned out, she was booking reservations on the corporate AmEx, meeting guys flying into town, and paying cash for the room so that it never hit my statement. After we fired her a few months later for an unrelated offense, her voice mail box was filled with messages from guys saying when they'd be in town, blah blah blah.

But no. It's only married men who fool around online. Or in person for that matter. Glad we cleared that up.

Last edited by cpg35223; 01-23-2009 at 07:42 AM..

Old 01-23-2009, 07:32 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,767,079 times
Its pretty sad,it also makes things harder for legit single guys...
There should be some kind of system that tells us if someone is married or not lol
I have had married women ask me to have a affair as well,they made no secret..
That they were married.But i still think its more the men doing it.
I just hope Karma comes back and bites these people in the @zz.
Theres enough hurt and dishonesty in the world.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:03 AM

462 posts, read 968,628 times
I am going to have to defend atleast some of the men on this....

When I was first married at the young age of 18, I was happy, thought I was in love, and we had sex like rabbits. Poof - the 1st kid came along and things changed. I thought I was being a good wife by telling him to have a guys night out & enjoy himself. He thought I was saying I didn't want him around. I was too tired for the same amount of sex, though I didnt cut him off just cut back the number of times. He thought I didn't want him anymore. He turned to alcohol, I turned to food. Long story short..... LACK OF COMMUNICATION was our biggest downfall. You have to talk - not yell, not put down, not be the boss...but talk & listen & come to some understandings. We divorced but remained friends and were able to talk about it later & discovered these things. A lot of people are unhappy and don't have to be.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:25 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,117 times
You really never know who you are talking to on the internet. This is a true story:

When my son was 12 yrs old, we got him a cell phone. Emergency use only. Well, in our naivete, we had no idea he had internet access on this phone. When we got the bill, we found out he had been going to lesbian chatrooms on his phone!

He convinced one of the women to send him her nude pic. He then posted this pic on his profile. He set it up saying he was a 23 yr old lesbian. With this profile, he convinced other grown lesbian women to send him their nude pics.

How do you think those women would feel if they knew they were sending them to a 12 yr old boy?????

Although now, years later, I have to admit I was pretty impressed with his ingenuity. My husband pointed out that with the money he paid us for the cell phone bill, he could have just hired a call girl.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:31 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
You really never know who you are talking to on the internet. This is a true story:

When my son was 12 yrs old, we got him a cell phone. Emergency use only. Well, in our naivete, we had no idea he had internet access on this phone. When we got the bill, we found out he had been going to lesbian chatrooms on his phone!

He convinced one of the women to send him her nude pic. He then posted this pic on his profile. He set it up saying he was a 23 yr old lesbian. With this profile, he convinced other grown lesbian women to send him their nude pics.

How do you think those women would feel if they knew they were sending them to a 12 yr old boy?????

Although now, years later, I have to admit I was pretty impressed with his ingenuity. My husband pointed out that with the money he paid us for the cell phone bill, he could have just hired a call girl.
Me too -- pretty clever for 12.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:34 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
40% of men on internet dating services are married.
this means of the 50% of marriages that survive, many of them are unhappy marriages. institution of marriage is in big trouble.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:39 AM

3,791 posts, read 8,900,152 times
This may have been mentioned, if so I apologize. It does take two to tango. There are also married women doing the same thing. Men go along with cheating and so do women. It's a two-way street. If women believe the guy is single when he is really married, then shame on them for not seeing the warning signs. Same goes with men. This all comes down to society in this day and age. How many channels do people have on cable? Hundreds. Why are big box stores so popular? They have a wide selection to choose from. People nowadays are not satisfied with what they have. They have to have choices. Does that make it right? No. And before you ask, no, I have never cheated on my wife. I have no desire to, nor the energy even if I wanted to (which I don't). Before my wife, I will admit I met women (many women) online. And like I said, they were just as eager as I was to get together. Two-way street.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:39 AM

440 posts, read 1,682,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
These are old threads your reading, Rance just got married in October 2008.
lol that'll teach us to not look at the posting dates!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships