Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 12:51 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Sounds like the OP. He has to be the initiator, and only when the gf has her attention turned elsewhere.
My border collie is like that. It's kinda cute on him, don't think I would like it from my husband.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 01:00 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,950,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos1 View Post
I don't even like holding hands in public with a girl, but apparently they always want to do this. I have no reason why they're so insistent on holding hands tbh.

Explain this to men, ladies?
It's an expression of affection... Look up affection.

Old 03-21-2015, 01:18 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,194,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
This!

A total disregard for what a true relationship should be... I know!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Sounds like the OP. He has to be the initiator, and only when the gf has her attention turned elsewhere.
Yep. Sometimes I have to step back from this part of C-D because when questions like this come up and I think of what a selfish, self-absorbed ass he could be, I get annoyed. My ex-husband, I'm okay with. I wish him well and am glad he's happy with a wife and kids. No ill will toward any of my other ex-beaux, either.

This other one? The ex-SO? Even the things that seemed good about him really weren't. Narcissists don't give unless there's something in it for them. They give to manipulate, and once you realize that, it can sour even the sweetest of memories. OP, don't be that guy. Don't be my ex-SO.

Bah! Next guy is going to have it easy, boy howdy. He'll have me at "Hey, you look nice tonight. New dress?"

I'll be like, "Wait, what? SINCERITY?"

Old 03-21-2015, 01:30 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,728,760 times
I always laugh at those in society that say "get a room" or "that's gross" when two people share an intimate moment, as if humans never evolved via sex.

Old 03-21-2015, 02:36 PM

10,207 posts, read 17,857,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
He/she didn't say that...she said when she's ignored she wants to make the person pay attention to her, , but she hates feeling smothered on the other hand...I don't think that's unusual, I think most people feel that way. There is a lot of middle ground between these 2 extremes.
Um, no, most people don't feel that way. Only people with low self esteem feel that way. When my husband is busy or not paying attention to me because he's doing something else, I'm perfectly okay with that because I don't need constant attention to feel good about myself. It's healthy for partners to have independent interests and have their focus be elsewhere from time to time without feeling like you have to pester them with attention the moment they are busy with something.

Old 03-21-2015, 02:40 PM

10,207 posts, read 17,857,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos1 View Post
I don't even like holding hands in public with a girl, but apparently they always want to do this. I have no reason why they're so insistent on holding hands tbh.

Explain this to men, ladies?
Explain what? Every guy I've been with liked to hold my hand in public. It's an extremely mild public display of affection and quite normal. Typically, when you have feelings for someone, it's normal to want to have some physical contact with them.

Old 03-21-2015, 07:42 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,276,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theropod View Post
When they are completely over you; try to kiss you, touch you, say how "sexy" you are, etc, it can get kinda bothersome and I would get turned off easily. On the other hand, when they are ignoring you (or are just sitting there, being busy), I have this craving to 'bother' them with kisses and hugs. It may be a bit "selfish", but it's more sensually pleasing.

Am I the only one who is like this?
I don't mind being affectionate and like those who are affectionate but some people like being treated like what I consider to be crap (distant, formal, cold, hot/cold). To each his or her own.

Old 03-21-2015, 08:56 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,137,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theropod View Post
When they are completely over you; try to kiss you, touch you, say how "sexy" you are, etc, it can get kinda bothersome and I would get turned off easily. On the other hand, when they are ignoring you (or are just sitting there, being busy), I have this craving to 'bother' them with kisses and hugs. It may be a bit "selfish", but it's more sensually pleasing.

Am I the only one who is like this?
My BF has a rule... we sleep naked every night. I love it. I also love it when he cooks for me. Naked.

I am a hands on GF. He is the only man I am supposed to touch and I am the only woman he is supposed to touch so NO, we don't find it annoying. We actually enjoy touching each other. A LOT.

I can't keep my hands off of him and I would actually be worried if he didn't want to touch me all the time too.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:12 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,987,260 times
I haven't had any physical affection in a long time. I wouldn't care if I had a gf that wanted to be all over me all the time. I'd hope she would contain herself out in public, but if we're home it wouldn't bother me.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:47 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,137,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I haven't had any physical affection in a long time. I wouldn't care if I had a gf that wanted to be all over me all the time. I'd hope she would contain herself out in public, but if we're home it wouldn't bother me.
Yep, that's the thing... A little PDA is ok but in the privacy of our own homes we can be a little more crazy and IMO that is absolutely normal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships