Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 04:44 PM

195 posts, read 177,702 times

Advertisements

1.) Repeated eye contact and/or directly staring.
2.) Timing your walking pace and direction so they cross your path while making it seem coincidental. This includes things like learning your schedule at the gym, work, etc. Humans are creatures of habit.
3.) Standing within your personal space.
4.) Placing themselves strategically to show off their best physical assets.
5.) Striking up friendly conversation, especially strangers.
6.) Behaving in very kind ways toward others in front of you (I saw a scientific study on this also).
7.) Referring to you with a pet name even if you've never met before.
8.) Letting their hair down.
9.) Adjusting clothing. One thing I like is when they pull their pants up really tight around the butt, sometimes lifting their shirt a little for added effect.
10.) Laughing hysterically at lame jokes.

They know we're very visual and will pretty much do anything that gets your attention.

Also, the most obvious signs come from women that seem to be less attractive than I can pull. The more attractive they are the more "subtle" they tend to be.

Last edited by Ibanezguitar; 03-21-2015 at 04:47 PM.. Reason: Number 10
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 04:46 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
Batts her eyes, smiles constantly, laughs at all your jokes, touches your arm, sits close to you or leans on you, etc.

Old 03-21-2015, 05:00 PM

52,196 posts, read 52,629,348 times
The one thing that I sort of notice more is when they laugh harder than they should at my corny quips and jokes....

I'm pretty dumb when it comes to women noticing me, I always have been... IDK....

I just assume that they are being friendly and not necessarily coming on to me.

I other words, they usually have to make it pretty obvious before I get it.

Old 03-21-2015, 07:16 PM

783 posts, read 849,265 times

Women can be very subtle about this sometimes. Sometimes she doesn't even want you to know that she is attracted out of fear of rejection. Men also aren't very apt at picking up signals compared to women.

Old 03-21-2015, 07:27 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,307 times
I honestly have no clue. I'll let you know; if this actually happens to me in the future.

Last edited by Moe'sTavern; 03-21-2015 at 08:49 PM..

Old 03-21-2015, 11:02 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanezguitar View Post
1.) Repeated eye contact and/or directly staring.
2.) Timing your walking pace and direction so they cross your path while making it seem coincidental. This includes things like learning your schedule at the gym, work, etc. Humans are creatures of habit.
3.) Standing within your personal space.
4.) Placing themselves strategically to show off their best physical assets.
5.) Striking up friendly conversation, especially strangers.
6.) Behaving in very kind ways toward others in front of you (I saw a scientific study on this also).
7.) Referring to you with a pet name even if you've never met before.
8.) Letting their hair down.
9.) Adjusting clothing. One thing I like is when they pull their pants up really tight around the butt, sometimes lifting their shirt a little for added effect.
10.) Laughing hysterically at lame jokes.

They know we're very visual and will pretty much do anything that gets your attention.

Also, the most obvious signs come from women that seem to be less attractive than I can pull. The more attractive they are the more "subtle" they tend to be.
You're funny.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:03 AM

71 posts, read 82,012 times
about a month ago, there was a girl at the grocery store. Our eyes met, she smiled and quickly shyly looked down. I took that as a hey this one might not be repulsed if I ask her out. So I caught up with her outside the store and got her number. Either she gave me the wrong number or I punched it into my phone wrong but I never saw her again lol. Rookie mistake, didn't call her right there and then to validate the number.

so that may or may not be a legitimate read of interest...

Old 03-23-2015, 11:25 AM

1,341 posts, read 1,626,986 times
1. She looks your way frequently and it seems to happen when you weren't looking her way (weird thing, but you notice because she keeps doing that)
2. She smiles a lot when you talk to her and she does something with her hair
3. She comes over and calls you to dance with you or starts the talk which is nearly out-of-nowhere (despite that she doesn't even know you or she barely knows you at all).
4. If you're talking a bit longer, she'll throw in some innuendo, start talking with kind of "altered voice" (you'll notice this if you know her even remotely), she might say that she's kind of a voyeur, some subtle things, etc.
5. Another thing I noticed is that when a woman seems to be into you, she'll do some specific things with her mouth/lips. She may also have specific looks/face that's a bit hard to describe as a non-native speaker.
6. She may be shy more than usual, if you know her better.
7. She'll behave in a specific, "touchy" way, i.e. she is almost like she seeks an excuse to establish physical contact - even if you barely know each other or you just met during that night.

The list is long, but I'm trying to make it a bit short on things that I noticed. These kinds of signals will often overlap.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:48 AM

2,631 posts, read 7,013,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
What are things women do that tell you they are hitting on you?
Bending over in front of me so I can obviously see what she's working with.
Standing really close to me or brushing up on me
Laughing at all my bad jokes.
Nearly following me.
Talking loudly/ following me in order order to get my attention.
Trying there hardest to create or extend conversation.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:16 PM

545 posts, read 631,995 times
Probably the most obvious one is she picks up / contributes to the conversation instead of essentially just walking away if I can't think of something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships