Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 10:58 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,326,925 times

Advertisements

I don't pay attention to women I don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 11:00 PM

4,232 posts, read 4,489,033 times
Kings Gambit hit on an interesting one being the 'energy vibe'. Though I notice this more from younger women under 35. Overall there seems to be a certain level of playful warmth conveyed / directed toward you. I think this is due perhaps to newness of the man or nature (cycles akin to estrus i.e. ovulating). Caveat is if they don't act on it to engage it may just be flirting for validation on their part, in other words, it's not you, per se they're interested in, but their own affirmation of desirability.

I've met a few women who are attractive (to me) who I encounter in industry related events and I find they have a nice warmth which, perhaps they show to others, but I feel that extra energy vibe myself. They sort of light up and I surmise it is because they sense I am lit by their presence. I think this is the energy thing. Perhaps my pupils dilating as they approach may be perceived by them. One I've never pursued because she's married, the other I followed up and she never responded - yet, on any subsequent event she seems to either sit by me or is just as pleasant in response. After further consideration I think she's just one of those natural lively types that is cognitively aware of men being positively impressed by her and she takes it with ease.

Some good reading on body language is helpful but the two in particular I tend to pick up the easiest are:
1. the open move of exposed arm / armpit as they raise hand to head (perhaps to touch / adjust their hair) when you are face to face talking or . Note, just playing with hair is not a good indicator unless you can observe them in other environments. For some it's just a nervous habit.
2. the sly wistful look back after they saunter by (sometimes showing off their assets by accentuating their walk with extra hip swivel).
The former is mostly a sign of comfort in your presence the latter can just be flirting but is always well received by me.

Few others:
3. Light physical touch or brushing up slightly when there is obviously room enough or space enough to pass. Caveat with this is when the female is drunk - it is not always a direct indicator if she is sloshed.

4. Certain type of look, the furtive eye contact and demure look to side with slight smile or batting the eyes when looking and speaking face to face. Problem with batting of eyes is you can't be sure it's not a eye contact irritation if it's a first meeting.

My 2 cents for what its worth...
I'm curious OP since you don't indicate gender on profile are you M or F?

Old 04-05-2015, 11:27 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,292,885 times
If someone starts to casually touch me, or lean on me, it's a hint. I typically will take it from there, and not wait for her to make another move. It's amazing what you can learn by really looking into a person's eyes, the way the pupils dilate, when excited, it's the best way for me to tell when determining interest.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:41 AM

11,655 posts, read 13,011,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
If a girl says I'm cute I get even more confused. Not sure if she is interested or friendzoned me.
I would never call someone that I friendzoned "cute". It would give them the wrong impression. I'm pretty most people would (or should) kinda know that.

Old 04-07-2015, 04:38 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,255,473 times
If you're just an average-looking guy, and in public, you sometimes gets evil or stuck-up looks from women you don't know... but everytime you run into someone, she leaves you feeling how George Clooney (or whatever in-demand male celebrity) probably feels everyday... there might be some interest there. Emphasizing "might."

Old 04-07-2015, 10:47 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,251,333 times
Well, there was the client who told me over lunch that she had had a couple of affairs since she had divorced and was looking for some new fun. That was a pretty broad hint, I thought.

Old 04-18-2015, 11:09 AM

6,621 posts, read 4,909,373 times
For reasons maybe partly geographical, the eccentric type of woman who is intrigued by me, and my serious-looking demeanor - women who seem to be trying to flirt with me often start with weird attempts at humor. I'm not the kind of person who jokes around one-on-one with unfamiliar folks, so it just makes me feel awkward.

Old 04-18-2015, 11:27 AM

102,270 posts, read 108,324,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
As to women laughing at my attempts at being funny or amusing:

I have been a lifelong jokester, humorist and clown (for as long as I can remember) and very very often have females laughing or at least smiling to varying degrees at my attempts at humor throughout the decades. Yet sometimes, there are females who laugh so hard and continuously at everything or nearly everything I say and do and even start laughing before I get to the punch lines (maybe it's also my delivery itself, not simply the actual verbal content of the humor that gets the women laughing just as much: my timing, my mannerisms, my facial expressions, my tone, my varied accents and affectations, my body language, et al). And men too. I've wondered sometimes why some females get what seems to be inordinately hysterical and have meltdowns at every effort on my part at being humorous (whereas others will just have a momentary laugh and/or smile). Is it a sign that they have a special attraction to me (affectional, romantic, sexual, or even a good friendship) OR it is instead them just simply being nice or friendly or simply trying to acknowledge or return my good-naturedness shown toward them but otherwise having no interest beyond that?

In fact, just a few days ago, I was taking part in a sleep lab at a major hospital and, the next day, I went back to the sleep lab location to return the sleep test kit they had me take home to test myself with that evening for the occurrence of obstructive sleep apnea when sleeping and I was cracking jokes, quips, puns and double entendres, one-liners, et al to the female interviewer and she was laughing jovially and shaking nearly every single time before I'd even finish my punch line or final delivery. Admittedly, though, I started out by humorous flirting with her (saying "You know, I sleep much better with a partner. How's about coming home with me tonight?") and she was laughing hard at all my delivered lines and quips. Though again, I am a lifelong jokester, humorist, and clown since my near-earliest memories of life and am even a senior now . . . so I do have a lifetime of practice with making people laugh. Still, she seemed to be so tuned into me, having a virtual meltdown at my every attempt at eliciting laughs. Could it be outright attraction to me personally on her part? Questions, questions, questions.

Somewhat hard to tell on my part when women do this with me -- for again, it has been a lifelong pattern for me to be a purveyor of humor of all types (even often getting males to laugh and even laugh hard). So, for myself, it is not so easy to discern genuine attraction TO myself on the part of a woman from a woman just finding my humor itself amusing or even funny but not necessarily being attracted to me personally in a affectional or romantic or sexual manner.
With the sleep clerk, laughing at everything could have been a way of keeping you at arm's length, since you opened boldly (some would say: inappropriately) with an invitation to go home with her. Remember, she has to be polite to clients, she's not allowed to slap you, or tell you off.

Old 04-18-2015, 11:29 AM

102,270 posts, read 108,324,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc17 View Post
If you're just an average-looking guy, and in public, you sometimes gets evil or stuck-up looks from women you don't know... but everytime you run into someone, she leaves you feeling how George Clooney (or whatever in-demand male celebrity) probably feels everyday... there might be some interest there. Emphasizing "might."
Why would complete strangers give a guy "evil or stuck-up looks"? Why would they notice him at all? Do you try to flirt with them?

Old 04-18-2015, 01:37 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,957,973 times
Signs A Girl Likes You - AskMen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships