Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 12:19 PM

74 posts, read 94,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
What are things women do that tell you they are hitting on you?
I usully never know unless they flat out ask me out or something. The subtle hints can mean anything and just send mixed signals. Like perhaps maybe they are just trying to be nice, working for tips, etc...

In my opinion they are also childish and old fashioned. I'd rather have her just tell me how she feels and ask me out. I'm not a mind reader.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 03:22 PM

2,578 posts, read 2,067,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
I never paid much attention until they started taking their clothes, or mine, off.
This. And I am still not entirely sure, but see no reason to start asking questions.

Old 03-27-2015, 05:05 PM

833 posts, read 657,053 times
I can typically tell she is into me when I am "into" her. Too bad can't always remember their names for a follow up session.

Old 03-28-2015, 02:17 AM

800 posts, read 508,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_CA View Post
I can typically tell she is into me when I am "into" her. Too bad can't always remember their names for a follow up session.
Quoted for truth. Also, "hitting on" someone and actually desiring someone are 2 different things of course. Many people flirt with others with no intention of dating them. It may be a test, or they're just bored, or sharpening their social skills. I've had women smile and gaze into my eyes and make out with me passionately, only to find out that I would never hear from her again. Maybe she just enjoyed kissing in general. I'm never really sold on her intentions or feelings towards me until intercourse has happened, and even then, hearts can change in a...well...heartbeat. Don't fight hypergamy, embrace it, its here to stay. 2015 woohoo.

Old 04-04-2015, 09:59 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,411,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanezguitar View Post
. . . . . . .
10.) Laughing hysterically at lame jokes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Batts her eyes, smiles constantly, laughs at all your jokes, touches your arm, sits close to you or leans on you, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The one thing that I sort of notice more is when they laugh harder than they should at my corny quips and jokes....

As to women laughing at my attempts at being funny or amusing:

I have been a lifelong jokester, humorist and clown (for as long as I can remember) and very very often have females laughing or at least smiling to varying degrees at my attempts at humor throughout the decades. Yet sometimes, there are females who laugh so hard and continuously at everything or nearly everything I say and do and even start laughing before I get to the punch lines (maybe it's also my delivery itself, not simply the actual verbal content of the humor that gets the women laughing just as much: my timing, my mannerisms, my facial expressions, my tone, my varied accents and affectations, my body language, et al). And men too. I've wondered sometimes why some females get what seems to be inordinately hysterical and have meltdowns at every effort on my part at being humorous (whereas others will just have a momentary laugh and/or smile). Is it a sign that they have a special attraction to me (affectional, romantic, sexual, or even a good friendship) OR it is instead them just simply being nice or friendly or simply trying to acknowledge or return my good-naturedness shown toward them but otherwise having no interest beyond that?

In fact, just a few days ago, I was taking part in a sleep lab at a major hospital and, the next day, I went back to the sleep lab location to return the sleep test kit they had me take home to test myself with that evening for the occurrence of obstructive sleep apnea when sleeping and I was cracking jokes, quips, puns and double entendres, one-liners, et al to the female interviewer and she was laughing jovially and shaking nearly every single time before I'd even finish my punch line or final delivery. Admittedly, though, I started out by humorous flirting with her (saying "You know, I sleep much better with a partner. How's about coming home with me tonight?") and she was laughing hard at all my delivered lines and quips. Though again, I am a lifelong jokester, humorist, and clown since my near-earliest memories of life and am even a senior now . . . so I do have a lifetime of practice with making people laugh. Still, she seemed to be so tuned into me, having a virtual meltdown at my every attempt at eliciting laughs. Could it be outright attraction to me personally on her part? Questions, questions, questions.

Somewhat hard to tell on my part when women do this with me -- for again, it has been a lifelong pattern for me to be a purveyor of humor of all types (even often getting males to laugh and even laugh hard). So, for myself, it is not so easy to discern genuine attraction TO myself on the part of a woman from a woman just finding my humor itself amusing or even funny but not necessarily being attracted to me personally in a affectional or romantic or sexual manner.

Last edited by UsAll; 04-04-2015 at 11:09 PM..

Old 04-05-2015, 09:01 PM

118 posts, read 157,297 times
They laugh and laugh alot
They twirl their hair
They stare at me
They make a joke about me being sexy

Idk I find this uncomfortable when girls fancy me and I don't see them in the same way.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:14 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Foxy stares. You just know she's looking at you.

Old 04-05-2015, 10:00 PM

750 posts, read 643,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Well, here's a few...

1) Eye contact. She will be glancing at you more than once. If you both make eye contact and then she never seems to look in your direction again than she's not interested.

2) She will fix her hair. Most often a toss back of her hair.

3) lip gloss. Some will go as far as putting on lip gloss or lip stick to get your attention.

4) She will make herself available. Sitting closer to you. Walk by you, etc.
Not bad.

Some others

1) Seems interested in conversation. No short replies and looking around disinterested.

2) She touches you ie hand on arm etc.

3) She doesn't appear uncomfortable when you touch her.

4) Playful demeanor while talking.

In my circles we call all these things IOI's. Indicators of interest.

Old 04-05-2015, 10:02 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
For some guys, it can be as simple as my having breathed out right after I breathed in.

Old 04-05-2015, 10:05 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
When I'm walking across the street and she revs the engine and aims her car square for me and I have the green light.

When a brick from the basket she's hauling to the third floor on the ladder I'm walking under hits me in the head.

When I'm listening to the birds singing in the trees at the park and a large, aggressive chihuahua races towards me off-leash and she's says, "Get 'em...!!"

That's how I know...

[romanza!]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships