Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 07:57 PM

513 posts, read 429,049 times

Advertisements

Girls some times just want to hang out with their girl friends ALONE and do not want to be disrupted from their good time. We'll create a blockade around the girl the guy is trying to hit on; especially, if the guy comes off as creepy or a player. And we're trying to protect our friend from being sexually harassed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 09:05 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,335,270 times
It's basic animal kingdom knowledge... you have to separate your prey from the herd. At some point at least one of the ladies broke away from the group... ehh probably with at least one of the others (to grab more drinks to use the ladies room) and that's when you go for it. And quite possibly they got hit on quite a bit from their outtings outside of the group.

Old 03-23-2015, 09:09 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
When I was in my 20s/early 30s, I went to bars with girlfriends frequently. Maybe there would be two of us, maybe 4 or 5, depending on the situation. I was regularly approached by guys, and I'm sure my friends were, too. A guy approaching one woman in a busy bar didn't need to worry about impressing the entire group. Everyone had their own conversations going with each other or other bar patrons. From reading the Relationship forum (since this issue has been mentioned in other threads), it sounds as though either times have changed, or guys are just far bigger wussies these days. Thank goodness dudes had the balls to approach in my bar days!

I bet you loved turning the attention and turning them back. I mean it's not like you could've approached them.

It's funny how guys get stereotyped liked this around here and no one bats an eyelash. If it was the other way around a flame war would erupt.

Last edited by Ro2113; 03-23-2015 at 09:18 AM..

Old 03-23-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Joe College is a master of the one-liner.
Sad that you enjoy such mean-spirited humor.

Old 03-23-2015, 09:38 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
I'm curious to know your opinion on this. I was at a very crowded and popular bar the other evening that typically can see upwards of 400-500 patrons spread out over a relatively large area. Of those 500 or so patrons, probably 400 or about 80% were men. Adjacent to where some of my buddies were hanging out were a group of 5 reasonably attractive women all in their early to mid 20's just hanging out with each-other and appearing to have a good time. They must have been hanging out their in the same spot for at-least 3 hours. However, the entire time I was there I did not see one dude come over and introduce themselves to these attractive women even though there were no other guys with them that night. Are a lot of men just afraid or hesitant to approach women in groups? I know plenty of guys complain that the bar/club scene in their respective city is a total "sausage-fest" But who are some of these dudes to complain when they don't even step outside their comfort zone to meet other women.

Oh, look, here you are!

You neglected to mention that these women were sitting at a table.

So, I'll just say the same thing here: No one should have approached them, anyway. Sitting at a table is basically saying, "Here for each other, not you, leave us alone." It's a physical way of closing themselves off. Women who want men to approach sit at the bar or, if there are no seats at the bar, stand where it's easy for men to come up to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I bet you loved turning the attention and turning them back. I mean it's not like you could've approached them.

It's funny how guys get stereotyped liked this around here and no one bats an eyelash. If it was the other way around a flame war would erupt.
It's not a stereotype. It's true. At the risk of cross-posting...

My friends and I used to go out in groups of 5 to 8 women and we NEVER had a problem meeting men. Usually one guy would talk to one woman, and then his buddy would talk to another woman in the group and make a joke of it, like, "Watch your friend around this guy. He's a nut." Next thing you know, 10 people were all talking to each other.

Really, don't you kids know how to wing?

And not for nothing, but you seem to assume that women take glee in turning men away. That only goes for the obnoxious ones, the sloppy drunks, the ones who can't keep their hands to themselves, and the morons who think that "negging" and all of that PUA b.s. works. Smart women will shoot those types down, and those types deserve every bit of it. There is a difference between approaching and being an insufferable ass.

Old 03-23-2015, 09:46 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
Blame the feminist movement. Militant feminists have liberalized and wussified many "men" these days into submission and fear.
People--men or women--only have the power over us that we give them. Those men must have been wusses in the first place.

First rule of being an adult, man or woman, is to control your own destiny.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Oh, look, here you are!

You neglected to mention that these women were sitting at a table.

So, I'll just say the same thing here: No one should have approached them, anyway. Sitting at a table is basically saying, "Here for each other, not you, leave us alone." It's a physical way of closing themselves off. Women who want men to approach sit at the bar or, if there are no seats at the bar, stand where it's easy for men to come up to them.

It's not a stereotype. It's true. At the risk of cross-posting...

My friends and I used to go out in groups of 5 to 8 women and we NEVER had a problem meeting men. Usually one guy would talk to one woman, and then his buddy would talk to another woman in the group and make a joke of it, like, "Watch your friend around this guy. He's a nut." Next thing you know, 10 people were all talking to each other.

And not for nothing, but you seem to assume that women take glee in turning men away. That only goes for the obnoxious ones, the sloppy drunks, the ones who can't keep their hands to themselves, and the morons who think that "negging" and all of that PUA b.s. works. Smart women will shoot those types down, and those types deserve every bit of it. There is a difference between approaching and being an insufferable ass.
Well perhaps times have changed, but if that's the case then both genders have to adapt. Not just men. It does no good to stereotype all young men as wussies.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:01 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post

I admit it, I don't. I don't really even understand it conceptually. Though my friends and I were never the type to go out to look to hook up. I wouldn't even know how to go about it.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:22 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Well perhaps times have changed, but if that's the case then both genders have to adapt. Not just men. It does no good to stereotype all young men as wussies.
That's not what they're doing. They're saying the dudes who freeze, and don't approach are the wusses. That is by no means all young dudes. I don't disagree that approaching a table of 5 women can be intimidating, and strategically tricky, if you're alone. But if you're with a buddy, it's doable.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:24 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Joe College is a master of the one-liner.
I'm very disappointed that you would support such a callous sense of humor.

And hell, I could come up with better one liners than that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships