U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 10:22 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,032,453 times

Advertisements

I had a revelation today: in today's dating society, there's no point in even trying. I strongly believe that women have it far easier and have all of the power and that nothing can ever be truly equal in this situation.

Here's what led to me to this belief:

There's this girl that I know that I hung out with occasionally. I suspected that she might have had a crush on me (though I do not know for sure). I was not interested in her because she was honestly just not very nice (very rude and sarcastic). We got drunk one night and got into an argument. I said some things that I probably shouldn't have. She got upset and started crying. The next day, I tried to apologize and actually made it worse, causing her to cry again.

Anyway, she wouldn't talk to me for about a month and a half. She started dating a new guy that she met online that is exactly her type. She was online for maybe a day or so before she met him. It's like she created him in a machine or something (like the movie Weird Science). Now he's her boyfriend.

This got me thinking: she has a lot of issues (as do I). However, she did not have to change herself at all and was still able to get the guy of her dreams. She does not have many friends and is not a social person. I, however, have to change myself significantly if I want to get the girl of my dreams. I will have to be in extremely good shape, have to be social and never negative about anything, have to have a ton of interests, good job, increase my height, etc. Meanwhile, she changed literally nothing (not even her attitude).

How is this fair?

What's the point of even trying anymore when women can literally have everything they want with absolutely no effort?

Anybody have a time machine to bring me back to a time when men were privileged in society?

Old 03-21-2015, 10:43 PM

783 posts, read 692,033 times
Dating game is rigged against men until you get to the 35+ age range. By then when women actually have to try, your not as interested since they don't look as good. With the internet it has stacked the game vs men even more because women can get tons of male attention via social media and OLD. Women have complained that they get spammed by men from OLD sites, isn't that a problem a guy would like to have?

Think how dating would be for you if you were getting 10-20 messages a day from hopeful women hoping to have a date with you. If a woman didn't treat you right the way you wanted to be treated, there were 10 others in line. Women on OLD are incredibly dismissive and narcisstic, often times not even dignifying you with a response. Some of the female posters here say they just can't be bothered with responding to all the guy spam they get so they don't.

Yes it is frustrating. 18-34 year old women are in big demand and they know it. There is a 25 year old woman (she is hot) with one child that I was interested in. Problem is there was at least 6 other guys too. She had her pick and that is the way it goes for women in this age range. A guy has to play his cards right while pursuing enough to display game and confidence but not too much because women don't like easy guys. Meanwhile all a young women needs to do is look good and choose.

The shift starts to happen 35-44, after 45+ that is when women start wondering where all the men are.

Not being mean, just being frank. If a man wants a family of his own what use is a 45+ woman that can't bear kids? Sure there may be tons of single 45+ women but there's no demand for them. That leaves a quandry of being too hard to get and high maintenance or being too old.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:46 PM

8,230 posts, read 5,532,714 times
You got all that from ONE girl?

Nah.....way too biased.

No one is in control. I could easily that the men had all the control when it came to my crushes because I never "got" either one of them but that is not the case.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:52 PM

36,684 posts, read 23,005,715 times
You see what you want to see. Nothing we say here will change some people or their outlooks. The unhappy are sometimes unhappy by their own choice, but they don't see it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 03-21-2015, 11:01 PM

43,040 posts, read 42,397,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You see what you want to see. Nothing we say here will change some people or their outlooks. The unhappy are sometimes unhappy by their own choice, but they don't see it.
The OP has long long since made up his mind and based on all his posts, I wonder why he posts here instead of the MGTOW threads/forums....

Old 03-21-2015, 11:20 PM

14,790 posts, read 14,725,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
I had a revelation today: in today's dating society, there's no point in even trying. I strongly believe that women have it far easier and have all of the power and that nothing can ever be truly equal in this situation.

There's this girl that I know that I hung out with occasionally. I suspected that she might have had a crush on me (though I do not know for sure). I was not interested in her because she was honestly just not very nice (very rude and sarcastic). We got drunk one night and got into an argument. I said some things that I probably shouldn't have. She got upset and started crying. The next day, I tried to apologize and actually made it worse, causing her to cry again.

Anyway, she wouldn't talk to me for about a month and a half. She started dating a new guy that she met online that is exactly her type. She was online for maybe a day or so before she met him. It's like she created him in a machine or something (like the movie Weird Science). Now he's her boyfriend.

This got me thinking: she has a lot of issues (as do I). However, she did not have to change herself at all and was still able to get the guy of her dreams. She does not have many friends and is not a social person. I, however, have to change myself significantly if I want to get the girl of my dreams. I will have to be in extremely good shape, have to be social and never negative about anything, have to have a ton of interests, good job, increase my height, etc. Meanwhile, she changed literally nothing (not even her attitude).

How is this fair?

What's the point of even trying anymore when women can literally have everything they want with absolutely no effort?

Anybody have a time machine to bring me back to a time when men were privileged in society?
so, you're jealous, aaand a bit whiny.

Other than that, meh. Try. Don't try. Whatever. Its your life.

Old 03-21-2015, 11:48 PM

42,774 posts, read 46,358,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post

Hahaha.

Old 03-21-2015, 11:55 PM

1,934 posts, read 3,186,946 times
Quote:

I, however, have to change myself significantly if I want to get the girl of my dreams.
Exactly. Get started...

(And don't argue with women, a complete waste of your time, just smile and move on. )

Old 03-22-2015, 12:19 AM

11,261 posts, read 13,862,003 times
Quote:

How is this fair?

Hey, man....if you do happen to come across a time machine, maybe just try going back to a time when you weren't so jaded.

That would be your best bet.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:22 AM

11,261 posts, read 13,862,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships