Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 04:19 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,226,222 times

Advertisements

+1. A night hotel room, and an evening of wine-soaked debauchery for two
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenorSax83 View Post
This is the first thing that stood out to me, bro. She is probably worn the hll out! You guys gotta get away from those little ones. Drop them off at a responsible relative's home and go on an awesome romantic vacation. You do that and you will probably see her frisky side return fairly quick. Plan it, Book it, and don't over look it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 04:23 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,187,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
+1. A night hotel room, and an evening of wine-soaked debauchery for two
That is if she doesn't fall asleep. If kids run her that ragged, then the second they're not around, she may wanna sleep or relax with peace and quiet.

So a get-away for a few days may work. Time for her to rest up, and get back into the groove of sex. A vacation or something, rather than just 1 night away.

Old 03-23-2015, 04:24 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
Because to us guys, sex is a physical thing...
To women, it's an emotional thing...

News to me that sex isn't an emotional thing. I wish I got that memo. My life would be easier.

Old 03-23-2015, 04:29 PM

Sure, if they just happen to have someone who can and will take their 3 small children for several days and nights. Many of us do not have that luxury, and one night away is better than nothing. Savor the hell out of it, then get back to business as usual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
That is if she doesn't fall asleep. If kids run her that ragged, then the second they're not around, she may wanna sleep or relax with peace and quiet.

So a get-away for a few days may work. Time for her to rest up, and get back into the groove of sex. A vacation or something, rather than just 1 night away.

Old 03-23-2015, 04:44 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,942,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
No, none of the the above. I'm plenty good in the sack, from what I'm told.

I think some of it has to do with the fact that she doesn't have an O [Snip.]. And yes, I do the dishes, clean house, take care of the kids, etc, etc.
She just has a really, really weak sex drive that we're starting to think is hormone related.

When she was trying to get pregnant, I was the one who was sick of sex, so maybe this is karma!
Lol!

Well, I hope you figure it out and keep the romance alive despite the lack of sex.

I wish you well.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-23-2015 at 06:39 PM..

Old 03-23-2015, 04:52 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,187,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Sure, if they just happen to have someone who can and will take their 3 small children for several days and nights. Many of us do not have that luxury, and one night away is better than nothing. Savor the hell out of it, then get back to business as usual.
if they have close family who would be happy to help, then yes. So, if they hand't considered it, then an option to ask family members they're close to.. So if they can get away that long, then that should be arranged. If not, the yeah, one night is good, but there still may be no sex, rather than wanting to relax and sleep. So, I was trying to keep the OP from getting his hopes up with planning this event, then his wife isn't on the same page. Like the back rubbing to get sex, then being distant and pout when it doesn't happen. Like a lady said here. A back rub makes her sleepy, rather than sexy.

Timing is good. If they can get the kids with someone else earlier in the day, or if there's a daycare or center, playgroup, they could look into for the kids to stay for some nice hours, or pay a babysitter,. Possibly a weekend thing, then there could be a restful day /afternoon for the wife, then finished off with a love session, and back to the kids. Mainly having some space for both. Like if his wife wants some hours of sleep/rest/down time, she can do that, then have sex to finish the evening. Instead of trying to cram it too much, like with someone taking the kids at 7:00pm, but they have to be back to get them at 9:00 or 10:00.

But it depends on his wife. Myself, I need at least 4 hours of sleep to be somewhat rested, so I think of that. His wife may just need an hour to rest up. Depends on her body and system. If I lay down, but have to be up in an hour, I am going to be miserable

And hell, it doesn't have to be that. He can take care of the kids for few hours when he can, and let his wife go out to have time to herself. Getting her nails done, or her hair. Going to see a movie. Arranging things so she has more time for herself, and possibly her look, while taking a break away from the kids. So that may raise her spirits. If she's the one who's more rundown.

So there's lots of things to try, assuming OP hasn't done them all already... .

Last edited by HappyRain; 03-23-2015 at 05:01 PM..

Old 03-23-2015, 05:43 PM

Yeah, it takes some planning... and a firm understanding of the purpose of the getaway. Rule #1 is no one is leaving the room until we get one good lay. Then and only then can we proceed to dinner. We can usually get my father-in-law to stay a solid 24 hours with them for our anniversary (bonus points for living near the Hamptons, with an anniversary in the off-season), and can usually cram a decent amount of fun and entertainment into that time frame. ETA: I'm used to studying until about 2am, and back up again by 7:30am, so I'm used to not needing much sleep.

Old 03-23-2015, 05:57 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,011,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I am extremely desired for sex by my wife because I do these little things that I know she would appreciate.

there are many medical/biological reasons why women (and men) have a decrease in libido, which often drives our natural desire to want sex or not. don't believe all this hype about women (and men) wanting sex until they hit the grave, a lot of it is political correctness and marketing one-self to keeping the temptation and mystery of sexual satisfaction alive. and definitely don't fall for this "a guy just needs to do more" b.s. to encourage his wife to engage in sex. really, just stop with the quid-pro-quo set ups cuz you can't negotiate attraction; you are either attracted to someone enough to have sex with them, or not... unless of course the plumbing no longer werks.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:08 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,942,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
there are many medical/biological reasons why women (and men) have a decrease in libido, which often drives our natural desire to want sex or not. don't believe all this hype about women (and men) wanting sex until they hit the grave, a lot of it is political correctness and marketing one-self to keeping the temptation and mystery of sexual satisfaction alive. and definitely don't fall for this "a guy just needs to do more" b.s. to encourage his wife to engage in sex. really, just stop with the quid-pro-quo set ups cuz you can't negotiate attraction; you are either attracted to someone enough to have sex with them, or not... unless of course the plumbing no longer werks.
I understand there are medical reasons that limits what 'werks' for some.

Most often people are burned out or don't feel the love.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:16 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I haven't checked, but are there any concerns about testosterone supplementation and heart health in women? She's in her early 40s, so chances are menopause is some time off, but when it does happen a woman tends to be more at risk for it.
This is a good question. I haven't heard anything about that. There have been articles about estrogen & progesterone supplementation and heart health, but not testosterone. Excellent question, but her doc will be able to counsel her/them on any risk factors there may be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships