Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 11:28 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,274,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
I think it makes a lot of difference if it's the guy or the girl who is cheap.

Cheap guy = disaster that the gal will probably not put up with. It ain't fair, but a guy's attractiveness is at least to some degree bound up with his ability to be a provider, even for a gal who is wealthy. That said, a cheap guy could cook a meal at home for his date, which need not cost much to be good. And/or provide other low cost but high value experiences. But they have to be high-value experiences.

Cheap gal = no problemo
Agree. A guy being cheap is just a no-no generally speaking. He won't get too far with women. A girl being cheap, well, a girl can't be cheap if she's not expected to open her wallet while dating or in a relationship.

Last edited by onihC; 03-24-2015 at 12:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 12:14 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,725,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Professional View Post
When I say cheap I mean someone who doesn't have little to no money or doesn't like paying up or spoiling you.
Regardless of who it is, what has been your opinion and experience on dating someone who is cheap?
A cheap person with a non-cheap person is a stressful, unwise situation in dating.

Could it be that you mean dating a person who is temporarily low on funds, but and it is necessary to be thrifty on dates, but once that situation rights itself, things will return to something closer to normalcy?

Or do you mean someone who has the money and wants to be stingy with it when it comes to his woman?

I am not attracted to cheap men, and I am nowhere close to a gold digger. For me the cheapness will cause problems because they will be unwilling to take me to places where I am currently taking myself, anyway. In my view, a person who overspends has emotional issues; but then so does the person who is very cheap and won't spend when it is appropriate to do so.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:38 PM

37,565 posts, read 45,928,580 times
Quote:
When I say cheap I mean someone who doesn't have little to no money or doesn't like paying up or spoiling you.
So....they have a lot of money then...and they just don't like to spend it? Is that what you are saying?
I don't really have any experience with men like that.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:00 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,343,549 times
I would not date a cheap woman.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:01 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,120,991 times
I'm a guy,

I pay 9 times out of 10 and do all the spoiling.

Edit: now that I've read the thread it's amusing to see all these women say:
"but I'm not a gold digger" lol!

Old 03-24-2015, 01:04 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,829,026 times
I don't think I've ever dated someone cheap. Even in college when we were both poor, I never considered a person "cheap" if they were being responsible with their money.

My sister's boyfriend is cheap in my opinion. He won't go anywhere where you have to pay to park. He won't pay the $10 entrance fee to visit a National Park. Valet parking? Forget it!

My sister doesn't seem to mind, but I'm glad she's dating him and not me.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:47 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,274,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
How can a woman be cheap if you are expected to be the one taking care of expenses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
My sister's boyfriend is cheap in my opinion. He won't go anywhere where you have to pay to park. He won't pay the $10 entrance fee to visit a National Park. Valet parking? Forget it!

My sister doesn't seem to mind, but I'm glad she's dating him and not me.
She doesn't mind because she pays for the $10 parking entrance fee, right?

Old 03-24-2015, 02:35 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,343,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
How can a woman be cheap if you are expected to be the one taking care of expenses?

She doesn't mind because she pays for the $10 parking entrance fee, right?
If she expected me to take care of expenses, then she would be cheap.

Old 03-24-2015, 02:48 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,535,988 times
Quote:
Regardless of who it is, what has been your opinion and experience on dating someone who is cheap?
This is a problem for me. I'm a traditional gal. I date traditional men who, typically, will not allow me to pay for things. But I don't require spoiling either. There is a difference between living within your means/looking for the best deals and being cheap. I can't do cheap.

Old 03-24-2015, 03:14 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,299,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Most men wouldn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships