Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 09:34 PM

356 posts, read 365,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Any tips?
Just start a conversation about work school...favorite food color??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 11:00 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
See other threads where guys ask how to meet women or approach them. Don't see why it should be any different.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:13 AM

186 posts, read 238,788 times
Saying hi lol, it's easier said than done I know. It doesn't take much for women as it does for men. As long you get the vibe that don't mind someone starting a conversation with them. Just remember charisma and confidence.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:29 AM

31,035 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock-Os View Post
For women, feel free to be bold and direct. Most guys would probbly be happy they were the ones being chased for once.
Sometimes it throws you off. I had a young woman, maybe 25ish, stop me as I was walking through a parking lot on my way into a deli last weekend who asked "why did you park so far away?". I told her that the spots were too tight up close. She started to engage in some chit chat then said "you know your quite handsome". I became flustered then responded "You too", then "you know what I mean"....Doh. After that, I smiled, said thanks, and continued on into the deli. I think most men, or at least me, from my experience, are not approached head on by a stranger, so when you are you are out of your element.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:35 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,728,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Any tips?
Make sure you have some really strong self-esteem and a "thick skin" before you start. Rejection can and does happen, and you have to remember not to take it personally, or let your ego take a big hit when it happens.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Sometimes it throws you off. I had a young woman, maybe 25ish, stop me as I was walking through a parking lot on my way into a deli last weekend who asked "why did you park so far away?". I told her that the spots were too tight up close. She started to engage in some chit chat then said "you know your quite handsome". I became flustered then responded "You too", then "you know what I mean"....Doh. After that, I smiled, said thanks, and continued on into the deli. I think most men, or at least me, from my experience, are not approached head on by a stranger, so when you are you are out of your element.
Hahaha! But yeah, a woman taking initiative to approach a stranger is just not common so it might surprise. It's not a bad thing, its just not common so it may throw some guys off.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:02 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,288 times
I've approached before but only after I was given hints over and over again by the guy that he was interested. I didn't go up to him just sent him an email. In another case I just waved because the guy kept staring. Both of those isolated attempts are the closest I've ever got to approaching. Otherwise I would never just go up to a man and strike a conversation unless he gave me indication that he was interested.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
I've approached before but only after I was given hints over and over again by the guy that he was interested. I didn't go up to him just sent him an email. In another case I just waved because the guy kept staring. Both of those isolated attempts are the closest I've ever got to approaching. Otherwise I would never just go up to a man and strike a conversation unless he gave me indication that he was interested.
Yes, women usually do not take initiative as men or go as far as approaching a guy to break the ice, start a conversation, ask for his number, ask him out, pay for his expenses, etc. I don't blame you for not doing any of that. Most women wouldn't. But at least you went as far as sending him an email. How did that go?

Old 04-06-2015, 12:33 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
I think the rules apply the same.

Just say hi and introduce yourself.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:46 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Yes, women usually do not take initiative as men or go as far as approaching a guy to break the ice, start a conversation, ask for his number, ask him out, pay for his expenses, etc. I don't blame you for not doing any of that. Most women wouldn't. But at least you went as far as sending him an email. How did that go?
It went well, I mean we were coworkers so emails were public info and he was use to other associates emailing him. It wasn't as "ballsy" as it seems lol. But we ended up dating shortly after that email which happened to be blank and was done just to see if he would respond. He responded and immediately was flirting with me, etc. We started having lunch together, taking breaks, and eventually hung out outside of work. We actually got into a relationship in September but broke up by the end of October due to issues of compatibility. Now that I think about it the majority of men ive dated have been a result of them pursuing me, but the relationships Ive been in have been opposite, in that I would notice the Guy giving me cues he was interested(idk why but I always know when a man is interested in me even when he isn't explicit. In any case each time I've followed up with the guy after he gave the cues, it would eventually lead into a relationship. So I'm def not opposed to women approaching men. I just think there is a way to do it without coming off as the pursuer or aggressor.

only after a man has given me clues of his interest do I give him leeway to approach. Either I will wave, or say hi as I'm walking pass, or perhaps a blank email(lol) but I don't and will not ever just go up to a man that I don't know, that has not displayed interest in me, and just start talking to him or ask him on a date. I still think that a man should be the aggressor-the one to ask the woman out on the first date, the one to indicate interest first, the one that should initiate a longer dialogue. But to each there own. I will never forget in high school when me and a friend, decided sophomore year that we would write letters to our crushes. We dropped the letters off in there lockers and my crush responded positively and ended up being my boyfriend. I had known he was interested though prior to sending him the letter because like I said that is typically the only way I have the nerve to "approach". I don't know what my friend wrote in her letter, but in my letter I just indicated that I had noticed him staring at me, and that I thought he was cute and that we should talk one day. I didn't give him my number or anything. I still left that up to him-he would have to approach me for my number. My friend on the other hand-well the guy she wrote a letter to was not interested at all and made it clear in a very mean way. It was very embarrassing for her.That's always a risk when you approach someone and ask them on a date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships