Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2015, 12:22 AM

581 posts, read 664,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
thank you for saying that. and just like having approach anxiety about introducing yourself to a potential date, no all men can do it, that is date younger women. it can be a cold shower for guys who never had any social intelligence, multiple relationship experience or fitness inclination.
That have to have enough money to provide gifts and a comfortable lifestyle to that young woman. And Dr. Clean, fitness has nothing to do with it. They appreciate you being fit, yes, but first and foremost they want your money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2019, 03:40 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,317,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
So I was messaged by a woman that said she found me attractive but after reading my criteria on my profile she wasn't so sure after that. I reread my profile to see if I missed something in there but the only criteria I listed was age range of 21-35, fitness minded females since I am a fitness minded male, and no kids since I don't have kids. I am 35. This is what she wrote me.

It isn't like I made a huge list that I see on women's profiles.
I cringe whenever I hear or read a girl describe herself as being "very attractive." I dislike ego (or at least excessive ego), and announcing that one is very attractive just reeks of arrogance and self-centeredness. I'm biased in favor of more humble, understated types of individuals. But of course, we are all different and like and dislike different things in people as well as in all other things.

One of the reasons that I dislike the online dating world is because so many of the profiles seem to be written by people who have an inflated sense of self-importance and worth. I mean, it's great to have confidence and to like yourself, but the ego/arrogance in online dating (as well as in the overall dating arena itself) is overwhelming. So many peacocks ruffling their feathers and acting as if they are the latest and the greatest.

Old 10-06-2019, 05:31 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Cool rant, Ant. ^^^

Old 10-06-2019, 05:46 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
Imho, she reacted because she is now a single mother. A lot of men are losing interest in mature women with kids.They dont want to take on responsibilities for raising someone elses kids.

Old 10-06-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Cool rant, Ant. ^^^
Thank you.

Old 10-06-2019, 08:45 PM

9,372 posts, read 6,973,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
I cringe whenever I hear or read a girl describe herself as being "very attractive." I dislike ego (or at least excessive ego), and announcing that one is very attractive just reeks of arrogance and self-centeredness. I'm biased in favor of more humble, understated types of individuals. But of course, we are all different and like and dislike different things in people as well as in all other things.

One of the reasons that I dislike the online dating world is because so many of the profiles seem to be written by people who have an inflated sense of self-importance and worth. I mean, it's great to have confidence and to like yourself, but the ego/arrogance in online dating (as well as in the overall dating arena itself) is overwhelming. So many peacocks ruffling their feathers and acting as if they are the latest and the greatest.

4.5 years later I'm sure this response will change lives.

Old 10-06-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
4.5 years later I'm sure this response will change lives.
Not as much as your snarky response will. 😁

Old 10-06-2019, 11:02 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Imho, she reacted because she is now a single mother. A lot of men are losing interest in mature women with kids.They dont want to take on responsibilities for raising someone elses kids.
I haven't heard of a lot of women losing interest in mature men with kids, though, why do you think that is?

Old 10-07-2019, 05:40 AM

818 posts, read 456,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post

Yeah , putting it very very politely l found online back when l tried it unbelievable in that way too . There was a lot , a lot , of very ordinary at best , women , with the most ridiculously unrealistic demands and expectations .
But this one with op , l mean she's a lot older,. she wants out of her country , of course she's going to lecture. And yeah l'd have to wonder about the l'm very attractive part of things too.
Truth is though op's wants seemed very realistic to me he was basically only looking for what he was offering himself.
Although the no kids was gonna make it a bit of a challenge at that age.

PS , that was nearly 5 yrs ago , anyone know what happened, op's probably married off with 5kids himself by now haha.

Old 10-07-2019, 07:35 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
A lot of the picky men I used to date are still single after all these years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships