Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 03:38 PM

5,208 posts, read 4,666,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Am I wrong to expect to move into a completely new place in the next 1-2 years so it is all OUR stuff and not all his?
I would say this all depends on the relationship. What you are asking isn't as clear cut as say, am I wrong in expecting my man not to sleep with other women when I'm in a committed relationship. Have you even told him your future expectations yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 03:42 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
yes, I have told him and he said "but baby, this place is awesome! I can't just pack up my stuff and buy a new house!"

I said, "well, not NOW but I really see this as TEMPORARY. Don't tell me in a year that it is all working good and we stay here."

His answer "We'll worry in a year. Maybe the market is all up again and we (we???) can sell for a good price"

Old 03-26-2015, 03:45 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
He ran out of space in the hallway, so he keeps rotating his 5 bikes and currently the green one is in the living room. Doesn't smell at all.
Lol, right. I have 3 motorcycles, and my garage smells like a petrol station.

Seriously, whats with the motorcycles in the house? oh wait, you guys get all nasty on them, huh? Lol

Old 03-26-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Lol, right. I have 3 motorcycles, and my garage smells like a petrol station.

Seriously, whats with the motorcycles in the house? oh wait, you guys get all nasty on them, huh?
pssssst

No, I really don't smell anything. His garages are full with cars so he put his bikes into the hallway area where there are tiles.

Last night my dog destroyed her bed and he said "I hope she doesn't destroy anything else in MY house." That hurt and once I told him "YOUR house!!!" he said I am overreacting he didn't mean it like THAT.

Old 03-26-2015, 04:05 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Totally there with you. I am a nester and would not enjoy living in someone else's nest.

Old 03-26-2015, 04:08 PM

He already made his nest and likes it. But I don't and now feel selfish for not liking a nice, big, and clean house.

My house is much smaller, the area is kinda bad but I made it all modern inside the way I like it. I miss it a little and don't want to feel like a guest forever in his house. Am I spoiled and should be more thankful?? I mean it is awesome that he doesn't want rent from me (I offered) so I feel like a d*ck for not liking it.

Old 03-26-2015, 04:14 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,640,814 times
If he won't budge to compromise and make "our" house "our home," then he's still into himself. I'd just move back to my own house and stay there. See how he likes it then. It's not as if you're a spouse with rights to his property.

Old 03-26-2015, 04:17 PM

He said "once you are my wife, it's gonna be different. But we are not there yet."

I was thinking of moving back into my house. But then I sit there missing him and he is missing me. Kinda pointless.

Old 03-26-2015, 04:17 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
So I am sort of living at my bf's house since the day we met.

We made the decision that I rent out some furnished rooms in my house,
about 10 minutes away. Still keeping one foot in it, just in case.

So most of my personal stuff is now at my bf's house.
He gave me a room where I put all my belongings.
The furniture and dishes and stuff is still at my house and stays there for now.

Am I wrong to expect to move into a completely new place in the next 1-2 years
so it is all OUR stuff and not all his?
Yes. Absolutely wrong.

Quote:
I moved into a man cave, his pics on the walls, his manly bed sheets, his decoration,
motorcycle in the living room. Fine with me, but the house just doesn't feel like HOME to me.
This sounds like it's more the guy than the place you have issues with

Quote:
I want a fresh start where I can decorate and feel like it is OUR place.
OK. Maybe with the next guy.

I might be moving out to LA... wanna wait?

Old 03-26-2015, 04:21 PM

hahaha, okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships