Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 10:56 AM

750 posts, read 644,078 times

Advertisements

Church
School
Social Circle
Grocery Store
Gym
Dance Studios
Bars/Lounges/Clubs
Internet
Library
Parks
Work
Street

Come on OP.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 11:14 AM

368 posts, read 577,596 times
Anywhere, I went on a date recently with a nice lady I met while at the doctor getting my yearly physical.

Old 03-29-2015, 06:18 PM

356 posts, read 365,486 times
I try looking for decent women and try staying away from clubs, bars places like that. I try the gym, library church, college Judo class...starbucks? women like to hang out there....I don't but lotsa purrdy women like to spend 20$ on a cup of coffee.

Old 03-29-2015, 07:24 PM

513 posts, read 429,271 times
Girls are any and EVERYWHERE. The real question is, are you afraid of striking up a conversation with a woman and asking her out?

Old 03-29-2015, 07:41 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,100,683 times
I usually would find a female either at church, at the mall or possibly at the YMCA

Old 03-31-2015, 11:17 PM

46 posts, read 36,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Europeanflava View Post
And don't say the Internet because you shouldn't have to pay a site to find a lover. Explain.
Who says?

If you have very conventional tastes meeting people IRL is easy. If your idea of a fun night is watching TV or going to a movie, then I agree that it's easy to meet women IRL.

But if you'd prefer to go to a chamber-music concert or a modern dance performance at Jacob's Pillow, the Joyce or Sadler's Wells, and you're also looking for a companion who likes kayaking and hiking, and world-travel, and you only want to date widows (I'm a 62-yo widower) then the odds of finding that combination IRL are very slim. But it's easy online.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miquel Westano View Post
OP, if it were me, I would go to functions that I was interested in.
Yes, yes, yes! Choose an activity that you are interested in because that way you'll have fun even if you don't meet anyone, and also when we're sincerely having fun we make a better impression.

More advice: to pick something where you can converse. Don't pick an activity like a concert unless there will be an opportunity before or after to have some real conversation. I like hiking because it attracts women who are physically fit, which to me is good-looking, and because there's lots of time for conversation. And I love outdoor stuff like hiking and kayaking. I met my late wife hiking in the White Mountains of NH.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
I usually would find a female either at church, at the mall or possibly at the YMCA
If you're religious then churches and synagogues are fantastic ways to meet people because you start off with a whole community and set of experiences in common, and probably similar values and outlooks. Also churches and synagogues have lots of activities for their members, both relating to the religion and congregation, and also community and volunteer work, so there are lots of things you can do together while building a relationship.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:09 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
First ,
know who you are.
Seriously and honestly think about your self, and the way you conduct business, and interact with others, and how you deal with problems, loss, and victories.
Spend the time writing a journal about your self your thoughts . leave fantasy out of the equation that is probably one of the biggest problems people deal with ,too much fantasy.

What are your expectation for your self and the kind of person your looking for in a life mate.
Take the time to get to know the other persons friends and if they are people you actually want to associate with , one's friends form the person. these are whom one chooses to identify with.
What kind of relationship do they have with their parents , that is likely going to be the kind of relationship you will see in them.
DO NOT EXPECT THEM TO CHANGE NOR TRY TO CHANGE THEM.
They will change most likely to what their parents were like at the same age.
Nothing is set in stone, but I can safely say "the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree."
Some guy or girl that has been abusing drugs is not some one you want making family . Health issues are a big enough concern screwing up one's chemistry messes it up for offspring as well. fact.
Is your word of any value ? 100% of the time .
People get married but their words mean nothing and the marriage is a farce.
If your making promises your not keeping , keep your mouth shut.
If you can't promise , don't.
And say so.
And why.
Integrity is far more valuable that falsely acquired favor.
If some one can't respect honesty you don't need them in your life.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:15 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,955 times
Funny how men are asking for advice on places they can go out meet women....and women are asking advice how they can catch a good guy online.

Men are looking to meet women and women are sick of being hit on by men.

Serious disconnect with dating in our world today.

Wondering if I am the only one that notices this.

Last edited by usamathman; 04-01-2015 at 02:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships