Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 05:53 PM

1,660 posts, read 2,532,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Not at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 06:11 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
I'm 6'5 and over 300 lbs and a lot of women act like they are scared of me because of my size. Being black does me no favors in this regard either.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:24 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,640,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I'm 6'5 and over 300 lbs and a lot of women act like they are scared of me because of my size. Being black does me no favors in this regard either.
No, dissenter, dont blame being big and black. Its because you dont want kids ever, dont want to get married, ever, and have a negative attitude about women and relationships.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:33 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
No, dissenter, dont blame being big and black. Its because you dont want kids ever, dont want to get married, ever, and have a negative attitude about women and relationships.
Excuse me, girls reject me long before they even find out who I REALLY am and my views. Can't help to think being a very intimidating black male has something to do with it.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:41 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,640,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Excuse me, girls reject me long before they even find out who I REALLY am and my views. Can't help to think being a very intimidating black male has something to do with it.
It's still their problem, not you. Im not scared of big guys.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:20 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Honestly, what more can you expect from this woman?! I do alot of trail walking myself, and while I'm generally courteous ( ) with stangers and familiars (familiar strangers) I have no desire to stop or chat w/ any of these people. That's just "me" though... When I am "too friendly" I end up with some freakin weirdo tryin to be all up in my business..

Old 03-28-2015, 09:03 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times
Well thanx everyone for your input. I think it was me being too sensitive and making a mountain out of a mole hill in the example. In the wider picture the same is probably true when I allow it to color my thoughts/attitude towards other people.

Can anyone take this further? The more information the better.

I think maybe a brighter but softer approach would help. I wonder if my attitude darkens in some situations. Most people can sense that.

Dissenter. Just a few weeks ago I was at an AMPM getting gas and there was a BLACK MAN that could have well been you with an Asian lady (she was tall and large for someone of the Asian persuasion) and they had a kid in the van.
Don't go saying being black is a problem. We're all individuals and most individuals tend to judge one another as such. Anybody who goes by stereotypes is a fool and best avoided anyway. I don't mean to insult you or anything but if what Yiuppy says is true then you need to take a step back and LOOK AT YOURSELF.

There are people you can trust out there and have a good life with.

And Yiuppe, you made me sad.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:57 PM

75 posts, read 89,994 times
How do you walk? Weird question I know but think about your body language, facial expression, time of day, surroundings etc.

If it's near dark, you have a serious look on your face, no one else is around and you seem to be walking with purpose-these may be cues to women to keep their distance.

If it's a bright, sunny afternoon, you're smiling and laughing while talking to your neighbor about ordering some girl scout cookies from his daughter and you're moving at a leisurely pace, then it's her problem and you can't really do anything about it.

Another option would be to try to meet this woman (these women?) in another setting. If they live in your complex and you have a tenants association or something, go to it and see if they're there or try getting your mail at different times of the day/week and don't go in your workout clothes.

It might also just be the dog. Mine is kind of an a-hole and likes to bark at people and other dogs to the point that I will leave the path and make him sit until they pass to avoid a potentially bad situation. Admittedly, I need to socialize him better but until I do, that's the best option I have to avoid letting something bad happen. I avoid everyone from little white girls to big black guys unless we know them.

Old 03-29-2015, 12:06 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,775 times
Smiling and being friendly makes a huge difference in how people perceive you. You need to smile at the ladies!

Old 03-29-2015, 07:43 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
This is the result of fear-mongering by the press, politicians, advertisers, etc., who want to make money off people's fear and a lot of other basically fearful people who listen and believe their crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships