Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 02:14 PM

347 posts, read 425,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
On further thought she was on her phone and the dog wasn't trying to bite me, she has me pegged as the cheeseburger guy because I gave her a piece of one last fall. MyScreen and Sixy bring to light a few things that make me think I might have been reading the situation wrong. She does know me but only in passing or a short conversation.

I kind of adopted the attitude that they make medicine for paranoia. I really wonder if that's right.

Do you like to wrestle?
Actually I do...grappling Brazilian Jiu Jitsu...rear naked chokes & armbars are my favorite!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 03:55 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
I prefer to keep things simple. Blatant choke holds, trussing with ostrich feather tickle torture and stuff like that.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:02 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Smile and the world changes. BRF's can be scary to small people.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:37 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,669,806 times
Quote:
I'm 6' 2" tall, 250 lbs. I have a 58" chest and a 38" waist. I like to keep myself in shape I walk a lot and use weights. I can walk the 5 mile drive at Point Defiance park in Tacoma in less than 90 min with 40 lbs on my back. I'm not gross. Another thing that stands out maybe is I'm bald. I shave my head. I have next to none left so I just shave it all off. People tell me I look like Steve Austin. I have been mistaken for him too.
I think some people would be very happy to have your physique. Also I'm sure you don't get a negative reaction from everyone you meet. You just have to realize that despite your best intentions, you are not entitled to be treated well by everyone. There will be some people who judge you negatively and that is their choice. Your job is to not focus on these people.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:44 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,660,566 times
I have a naturally stern face, so if Im not smiling people think I look mad, so I have to actually think about that when I enter somewhere. Keeping a smile should overcome size.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:38 PM

33 posts, read 36,321 times
LOL! this made me laugh Just make eye contact, smile and say hello...keep going. Im 6 tf 170 a woman and black...I hear you.
At best the person will reconsider their prejudice....at worst? you didn't waste your time worrying about it.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:57 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,138,408 times
Quote:
I'm 6' 2" tall, 250 lbs. I have a 58" chest and a 38" waist.

Input from the ladies would be more than welcome.
Nope, you wouldn't scare me. I tossed a 220 pound dude before. My large
dogs would kill to protect me anyways. Those cute little ankle biters are so unpredictable though, lol.

Don't worry about one female's reaction to your saying hello. Many women find large, bald men sexy! Good luck and have fun when your start dating again!

Old 04-19-2015, 09:00 PM

195 posts, read 246,389 times
Quote:
...The problem I have always had is I'm threatening to people. I'm 6' 2" tall, 250 lbs. I have a 58" chest and a 38" waist. I like to keep myself in shape I walk a lot and use weights. I can walk the 5 mile drive at Point Defiance park in Tacoma in less than 90 min with 40 lbs on my back. I'm not gross. Another thing that stands out maybe is I'm bald. I shave my head. I have next to none left so I just shave it all off. People tell me I look like Steve Austin. I have been mistaken for him too...
Do you scowl as you haul your 40lb back pack around in Pt Defiance park? Do you come across as a drill sergeant or an overly zealous member of The Mountaineers? (that is the only club I can think of whose members walk around in parks with 40lb packs on...) ...kind of kidding though. I was in that club for a while.

Anyway... would you call yourself approachable? Some guys, that are very driven to work out or driven in other ways, give off a somewhat agro vibe or scowl... and it makes them not very approachable. Do you think this could be the case for you? I don't think it is your height -- one of my college buddies was your size (played tight end for the FB team)... but he was *always* smiling in a very sincere way, so he was very approachable.

It could be that women's issue, but you suggested that you think this is a theme in your life, and so you could be right. Maybe ask your friends for advice, see if they honestly think you intimidate people or if you are approachable. If they say you give off an intense or agro vibe, perhaps you could find a way to change that... life coach... yoga... acting class... that kind of thing.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:02 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestrong View Post
I have a naturally stern face, so if Im not smiling people think I look mad, so I have to actually think about that when I enter somewhere. Keeping a smile should overcome size.
I'm not a big dude, but I have long hair and a goatee and when I'm not smiling I do look a little scary, I didn't realize it til I saw a pic of myself recently. I sort of look like a biker a bit.....

I need to be less scary looking.... LOL...

Old 04-19-2015, 09:28 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,959,249 times
She probably wasn't judging you, but rather erring on the side of caution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships