Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 07:38 PM

2,400 posts, read 3,628,856 times

Advertisements

Oh yeah I remember that thread. Telling him asap is best. Whatever he chooses to do is up to him. But he at least deserves to know, no matter whether he leaves or not. Are you expecting he will feel less inclined to leave if youre already far along and showing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 07:40 PM

650 posts, read 861,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
How is he being "trapped"? He had a part in this pregnancy.

OP, did you trick this dude into getting you pregnant...tell him you were on the pill when you weren't? Poke holes in the condoms?
He knew I wasn't on birth control, and I know he isn't going to leave.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:41 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,017,351 times
I would recommend you have your pregnancy confirmed by a doctor and ask for an ultrasound. After seeing a heartbeat, the chance of miscarriage is much lower.

No sense in getting him all worked up before that.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:43 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,017,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalballmagic View Post
Did you all use condoms? What kind of birth control did you use? Or did you not use any at all?

If you didn't use any at all, then you were basically trying to have a baby. I guess congratulations to you both

Old 03-28-2015, 07:43 PM

11,369 posts, read 24,338,315 times
You're intimate enough to let him stick his thing in yours but you're not close enough to tell him the natural result?

The longer you wait the more he's going to question the strength of your so-called relationship.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:44 PM

26,683 posts, read 41,550,232 times
Quote:
Then why the hell are you delaying telling him? He seems like he knew the risks and if you think he ain't gonna leave you must feel he is going to own up to the situation. Why delay if all that is true?

Old 03-28-2015, 07:48 PM

650 posts, read 861,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Did you all use condoms? What kind of birth control did you use? Or did you not use any at all?

If you didn't use any at all, then you were basically trying to have a baby. I guess congratulations to you both
We didn't use any birth control at all

Old 03-28-2015, 07:50 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,756,621 times
Quote:
We didn't use any birth control at all
Why?

Old 03-28-2015, 07:54 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,216,098 times
Quote:
I'm just ...not sure if it's too early. Everybody seems to be telling me it's too "early"
Usually (if you're married anyway) you tell your hubby immediately but maybe wait to tell friends and family until there is lesser risk of a miscarriage during the first trimester.

There's little reason to wait to tell the father unless you're hoping against hope that you're not pregnant (or soon won't be).

Old 03-28-2015, 07:58 PM

19,507 posts, read 9,043,989 times
Look, whatever you decide, PLEASE make sure it is a decision you can live with for at least the next 18 years, until your child will be an adult. Young women (and I am thinking you are young based on your posts) who think that babies are so cute until faced with the reality of sleepless nights, no "me" time, and toddler tantrums, and then refuse to do the right thing for their children end up REALLY hurting the child.

And, yes, I can just hear you, "That's NOT going to happen to me! I will love and care for this child no matter what!" The problem is that literally hundreds of thousands of women have said that, and their children have ended up in foster care or being adopted. (And, yes, I also know that there are hundreds of thousands of young women who have become EXCELLENT mothers.)

So, again, it IS your decision, but please think of the child FIRST before you are blinded by what YOU want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships