Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 09:27 PM

750 posts, read 643,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
The important thing, when looking for a partner, is to remember that you are not better than anyone else, and the goal of relationship is not "what can they do for me?" Once you start telling yourself that, because you're so awesome you "deserve" a girl who's at least this hot, you've already lost.

Nobody is asking you to date women you aren't attracted to, just to understand that worth is based on more than looks and it varies from person to person.

Also, rating women on a 1-10 scale implies that there is a perfect 10 out there, which is crap, so that means that ANYone who is not a 10 is already "less than."

Let it go.
Certainly, being more attractive than someone else means nothing. That is in no way something important in life.

The goal of any relationship should be to simply be happy and enjoy life. However one deems to go about that is their own business. I just hope what makes those people happy are actually important stuff (family, friends, love, etc) and not shallow or materialistic things.

There is no global universal 10 or perfect woman out there. As we all have different preferences. But its more than possible to have your own perfect partner. I certainly know I have my dream girl. Not that it is important in the slightest. We do not need perfection or anything close to it to be happy. Physical stuff is nice, but not at the expense of other things. And besides, looks fade.

Thanks for reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Very true but with age it's less and less.
Certainly. I am just glad I realized this rather young before getting married or wasting any significant time on superficial stuff.

Old 03-29-2015, 09:30 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,151,341 times
I like intelligent, strong and independent women. Sassy, maybe even with a little mean streak. A "bad *****" if you will. Someone who will keep me on my toes, not meek or submissive.

Someone that will fight our battles side by side with me as a team. Someone like that I know will have my back if the sh*t hits the fan.

This all doesn't mean that she's not caring or kind. Not in the least.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:59 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,928 times
never bought into the idea that all one can care about was "looks"

looks are totally subjective and you are usually just drawn to a person

i understand though why someone would think this though because there are people with absolutely no personality or redeeming quality that you can spot and they have a partner so you basically have to default to "looks"

personality/sense of humor is big... gotta be able to make a woman laugh when they are in a shhty mood or during an effd up situation

eta:

also you dont have to be a super genius, but i hate when women dumb down or act completely helpless like they have no idea how to do anything

Old 03-30-2015, 06:00 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
chemistry

Old 03-30-2015, 06:51 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
You don't care about looks, yet you started a thread about how women should wear just enough makeup to please you. Not NO makeup, but enough to make us "the best we can be." Entitled much?

Old 03-30-2015, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
You don't care about looks, yet you started a thread about how women should wear just enough makeup to please you. Not NO makeup, but enough to make us "the best we can be." Entitled much?
I do not care about looks up until a certain degree.

There are some bare minimums I have ovcourse as do most people.

When I said I do not care about looks, it meant that I in no way shape or form need an attractive women. I am 1000x more concerned with a woman's personality and character as opposed to her looks.

I started a thread about the notion of a natural look to a dolled up look. Yes my preference is without question a simple more natural subtle look. The best we can be comment was tongue in cheek.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:11 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
Whether any of you want to admit such there are varying degrees of attractiveness, atleast on a personal level. We all look at the world and notice attractive people and non-attractive people. How ever one deems to differentiate whether by numbers or words is of their own accord. If people try to claim they do not scale attractiveness in their own mind than they are lying. And if you have a problem with that than id suggest stop being so sensitive.

The important thing is (in my mind) to not make that a priority.

I am not a "liar", I do not scale anyone by their looks, never have, never will, it is not a priority and never has been.

The important thing in my mind is to not "assume" that you know everyone on the planet, how they think, how they feel and how they react to others.
Being called a liar does not make me sensitive at all, it just ticks me off, especially from someone who has no clue who I am.

PS ~~ Some of us learned before you were ever a twinkle let alone born the "important thing" you just figured out. One life lesson out of the way but you still have a long road ahead of you.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I am not a "liar", I do not scale anyone by their looks, never have, never will, it is not a priority and never has been.

The important thing in my mind is to not "assume" that you know everyone on the planet, how they think, how they feel and how they react to others.
Being called a liar does not make me sensitive at all, it just ticks me off, especially from someone who has no clue who I am.

PS ~~ Some of us learned before you were ever a twinkle let alone born the "important thing" you just figured out. One life lesson out of the way but you still have a long road ahead of you.
Putting words in my mouth. I clearly said we all view, classify, or scale attractiveness differently. Whether you use numbers or words or anything is irrelevant. Its all the same thing. If I say a person is a 8 and you say a person is very attractive/hot/good looking its the exact same thing. Please take that holy than thou notion else where.

Unless of course you want to try and convince people attractiveness is not a real thing for you and that you see everyone equally in regards to attraction. Or in simpleton terms, no one is attractive or unattractive to you physically.

And good luck with that lol.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:39 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,911 times
Someone who is easy to talk to and enjoys my company. She can be older, younger, attractive, plain or even another race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships