Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 01:30 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
It seems to me that a girl with short hair wants to be masculine .

Does a guy with long hair want to be feminine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 01:33 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,352,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Though I'm loath to carp on such a matter of personal taste, if asked I'd prefer the longest hair possible, braided into three-strands, and pinned into a bun behind the head.
So, you're into Amish chicks?

Old 04-01-2015, 01:47 PM

672 posts, read 810,301 times
Prefer my wife with long hair. It was at her rear when we were married. Over twenty years she has been cutting it shorter and shorter. Her choice and now at the shoulders. I wouldn't like to see it get any shorter but in the grand scheme of things not a important issue.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:50 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,270,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Yeah....I get kind of nervous about the whole natural thing. I've been natural for 4 years...and I plan to stay natural permenantly. I have gotten a lot of compliments from men and women but I do get the feeling a lot of people don't find it attractive. Guys always talk about running their fingers through a woman's hair. Can't really do that with mine because it's very kinky/coily.

Blahhhh oh well lol.
My younger sister is natural and it looks wonderful on her. Her hair has a lot of shrinkage so it coils up and looks short but when pressed out it's actually a decent length. My other sister only wears extensions. And I wear my hair natural but it's heat trained. It suits me, the same way my sisters natural hair suits her. I'm sure you look fine. And really at the end of the day that's all that matters. There will always be a group of men that might not like some aspect of you-but there will be men that will like the same aspect that the other men did not. Which is why you can't mold yourself to please others-there will always be someone displeased.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:39 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,344,831 times
I always find it awkward to tell people what I think of their appearance, even in the abstract. So, I'm reluctant to say much because it's really none of my business. However........

The women I notice, really notice, almost always have very short hair. When short hair works, I find it striking. Having said that, when long hair works, I find it striking. I guess long hair is a bit more expected, so shorter hair grabs my attention.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:52 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,714,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
My younger sister is natural and it looks wonderful on her. Her hair has a lot of shrinkage so it coils up and looks short but when pressed out it's actually a decent length. My other sister only wears extensions. And I wear my hair natural but it's heat trained. It suits me, the same way my sisters natural hair suits her. I'm sure you look fine. And really at the end of the day that's all that matters. There will always be a group of men that might not like some aspect of you-but there will be men that will like the same aspect that the other men did not. Which is why you can't mold yourself to please others-there will always be someone displeased.
I usually keep my hair pint up either on the top of my head (like in my profile picture) or in a mohawk style. I don't really pay TOO much attention to what other people say about it, but I have gotten mostly positive comments on it. When it's straightened it's baby soft and a little passed my shoulders.

I love my curls so I think I'm good. I quit trying to please people a long time ago lol.

Old 04-01-2015, 03:29 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,270,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I usually keep my hair pint up either on the top of my head (like in my profile picture) or in a mohawk style. I don't really pay TOO much attention to what other people say about it, but I have gotten mostly positive comments on it. When it's straightened it's baby soft and a little passed my shoulders.

I love my curls so I think I'm good. I quit trying to please people a long time ago lol.
I just saw your profile pic. I think your hair looks great as is! I like to wear my hair straightened(pressed and curled) because I like how it looks on me better when it's the straighter texture but I think you really pull off your hairstyle. It suits you. I feel like most women gravitate toward the hair style that suites them.

Old 04-01-2015, 03:57 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,187,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I don't really care too much about what another woman does though being straight. However I would personally cry if I had to cut my hair short I know that sounds dramatic when it's just hair but my hair is one of the few features of mine that I think is decent. I tried just above my shoulders and a hairstyle I thought I'd like but the whole time I just had a sour face. Worst part is some people were still saying "you look 14/16" which is the main reason I got it cut in the first place. Just can't win.
I do think it's getting long. Now I look like a hippie and I do wonder if it gives me headaches but I never know what to do with it because I fear the stylist will cut it too short. I guess it's also because I'm weird with change.
Same with me. My hair is one of the few things about myself I like. Somewhat lol

The only time I had it cut was when it was done without my consent. My mother decided to cut it up around my neck after it got tangled under the bottom, to even it out. And I never let her forget it, and nag her about it.

So, hopefully if I ask her to trim my ends, she'll just do that, rather than cutting hair.

I straighten my hair alot too, which is bad. Straightening makes it thin and really messes it up. But I preferred straight so I could frame it around my face. My hair is naturally curly, and I hate it, because it doesn't frame my face that way, and just curly while hanging in the back.

With think hair, I already can't do much with it. I envy people who have very thick hair that can hang down their back, but also in front of there face.

Like this.
http://static.becomegorgeous.com/img.../hair_roll.jpg
Best pic I could find. But nice thick hair is very nice I think.

Old 04-01-2015, 04:51 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Platinum-silver is a "thing" around here lately.
I've done pink, red and purple. Now it's grey/silver. It's going to lighten up over time.

Old 04-01-2015, 05:02 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,643,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I've done pink, red and purple. Now it's grey/silver. It's going to lighten up over time.
Looks very good and you are very pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships