Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2015, 11:24 AM

81 posts, read 88,042 times

Advertisements

Long red hair, curly or not... so f'ing hot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 01:21 AM

2,704 posts, read 1,830,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
I dont claim to be an expert but I am going to disagree. It is my understanding tbat the low estrogen levels of most men make it difficult for them to grow long hair of the same quality and shine that women with normal female estrogen levels can. This is based primarily upon feedback I recieved and research I did while unsuccesfully trying to grow my own hair longer. No matter what I did, it looked like straw due to my low estrogen levels.
Interesting! I've never heard that before but I have always wondered why long hair on men always looked so stringy and unhealthy compared to woman's hair. Same with skin.

I wore a pixie cut during my 20s when I was an athlete. I had no shortage of male attention. Men always commented on my long neck. I wear it longer now that I'm older and I feel prettier. Probably a cultural thing.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:45 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
I agree with the maintenance thing. I don't get why women of a certain age chop their hair off. Then it requires constant maintenance. Moms say it is easier to take care of but it really isn't. All I have to do is wash, dry, and go. Short hair requires styling, more haircuts to keep the shape, etc.

I also think it is rare that a woman can pull off short hair. Pixies are cute. Other short cuts--not so much. And I know I am going to get flamed for this and called a bad feminist, but a lot of women seem to cut their hair short as a way of cutting off their sexuality. Almost like "I'm married now and have kids, so I should not be seen as attractive."
I agree with this.

I see some women with short hair, even really short hair, and I think they look fantastic (as I'm sure you look with it, OP). It can be incredibly sexy. Some women look better in short hair (think Halle Berry. She looks awesome, but she'd look great bald). But, yes, some other women seem to do it as a way to cut off their sexuality because they become mothers or because they're a certain age.

There was another thread a couple of months back discussing women over 40 who choose to have long hair, and some people said it was stupid for a woman over the age of 35 to have long hair. I don't understand that way of thinking. As long as a woman's hair is healthy looking, why shouldn't she keep her hair long if she wants to? I know a few women who are all well into their 50s, and they have absolutely beautiful, very long hair.

I have naturally wavy hair, which I keep long (as I have since I was a teen) because it's SO much easier to take care of. When I was in my 20s, though, I battled the waviness in an attempt to have the straight hair look that I love. In my early 30s, I finally accepted my hair for what it is and gave up on the blow-dying and straightening. Now I just wash and condition my hair and let it air dry. I no longer even own a blow-dryer. I'm free! I wash my hair only twice a week, and if I'm having a bad hair day, it goes up into a ponytail or a bun. Easy.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:23 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
I agree with this.

I see some women with short hair, even really short hair, and I think they look fantastic (as I'm sure you look with it, OP). It can be incredibly sexy. Some women look better in short hair (think Halle Berry. She looks awesome, but she'd look great bald). But, yes, some other women seem to do it as a way to cut off their sexuality because they become mothers or because they're a certain age.

There was another thread a couple of months back discussing women over 40 who choose to have long hair, and some people said it was stupid for a woman over the age of 35 to have long hair. I don't understand that way of thinking. As long as a woman's hair is healthy looking, why shouldn't she keep her hair long if she wants to? I know a few women who are all well into their 50s, and they have absolutely beautiful, very long hair.

I have naturally wavy hair, which I keep long (as I have since I was a teen) because it's SO much easier to take care of. When I was in my 20s, though, I battled the waviness in an attempt to have the straight hair look that I love. In my early 30s, I finally accepted my hair for what it is and gave up on the blow-dying and straightening. Now I just wash and condition my hair and let it air dry. I no longer even own a blow-dryer. I'm free! I wash my hair only twice a week, and if I'm having a bad hair day, it goes up into a ponytail or a bun. Easy.
I don't understand the age thing either. My boyfriend's mom is 61 and keeps her hair long. She gets it cut and keeps it healthy, but it is past her shoulders. It makes her look younger. I think a lot of women tend to look older with shorter hair.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:29 PM

2 posts, read 2,464 times
I goggled "short haircut" and "pixie haircut" and clicked images and there was all kinds of pictures of the most beautiful women I had ever seen.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:38 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Women who have short hair are sexy.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:32 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,684,768 times
I like my long hair in the winter. It keeps my neck warm, and I like how it feels when it brushes against my back.

Old 04-03-2015, 02:27 PM

19,423 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I like my long hair in the winter. It keeps my neck warm, and I like how it feels when it brushes against my back.
No one ever says that! That's why I like mine long, too; it feels good against my skin. I like the wind blowing it, too.

Old 04-03-2015, 04:17 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times
[quote=SeaOfGrass;39078641]No one ever says that! That's why I like mine long, too; it feels good against my skin. I like the wind blowing it, too.[/quote]

Stand outside in those Santa Ana Winds.....heehee.....

Old 04-03-2015, 06:43 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,999,675 times
Short hair = works best for softer more rounded faces

Long hair = works best for longer more angular faces

A woman has to be fairly cute with the right face shape to go short. I've seen a lot of black women pull it off. White women, it seems kind of hit or miss. I can't recall seeing any Latinas with really short hair....not sure why though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships