Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 03:54 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,110 times

Advertisements

only certain women can pull off short hair

probably has more to do with general head shape and forehead size
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 03:58 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,367,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
male here: i prefer long hair, can't run my hands and pull on short hair the same way. and in general, i think women just look more attractive with long hair.
Bahahaha. That's what I told my husband. That you can't really pull short hair. He laughed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I think every woman can look good with long hair. Not every woman can look good with short hair.
I agree. Some women can pull it off, but others can't.

Old 03-31-2015, 04:01 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,367,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I prefer, a long raven. But If you're hot, it doesn't matter what length and color it is.

Pixie is hot, OP.
Teeny weeny afro is probably a better description. I'm really liking it short. It's different, but I do prefer it long.

Old 03-31-2015, 04:05 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Teeny weeny afro is probably a better description. I'm really liking it short. It's different, but I do prefer it long.
As long as you and your husband like it, that's all that matters! I'm sure the idea of a TWA is terrifying to lots of men. lol

Old 03-31-2015, 04:06 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,032 times
Personally, I think that, without exception, all women look better with longer hair. The difference between short and long is different for all women, but in all cases (for me), they look better with long hair.

It's been my experience that women like (or at least say they like) short hair on other women, and that men generally prefer longer. YMMV.

Old 03-31-2015, 04:13 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
I wish I could wear my hair in a pixie cut, but my face it too long and oval to support one. I had a pixie when I was in my 20s and my first husband is the one who talked me into doing it. He loved it. I didn't like it very much.

I wear mine in a longer bob, and it is fairly easy to maintain, but the joy I'd feel at hopping out of the shower like guys do and just not having to do a damned thing to my hair would be SUCH a rush.

I really do loathe having to do so much more maintenance than men. It's one of those unfair things about being a woman.

I like dressing up, doing hair, full makeup when I FEEL LIKE IT.

Problem is, in most decent jobs, you pretty much have to maintain every time you're in the office or people think you're a frump.

Old 03-31-2015, 04:26 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Do you have a preference?

I had my hair chopped off (it's like pixie short) recently, and the stylist and I were talking about short hair on women is growing more popular, and how she loves short hair on women. I told her my husband prefers it really short, and she was all "Oh, really!?" in a surprised kind of way.

Needless to say, he was ecstatic that I chose to cut it super short (and go blond). I was surprised to learn that he prefers it short, and he acted surprised by it, not realizing that many men prefer longer hair. I like it both ways.
I prefer really long hair but with the right face and features short hair can be sexy also. Hell I know a bald chick who is sexy as hell for real.

Old 03-31-2015, 04:42 PM

52 posts, read 30,092 times
Women with short hair is a complete turn-off for me. Never seen one that I'd consider to be pretty. Has to be long,- the longer the better.

My own (I'm male) is quite long, and at my age I'm grateful to actually have hair at all.

Old 03-31-2015, 04:52 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,229,478 times
The Mr. has been growing his hair out. Everyone has been nagging him to buzz it down, but I lurv it, and begged him to at least leave it alone until summer. He's got an awesome head of hair (although I love bald, too) and it's just a shame to cut it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Chile70 View Post
Women with short hair is a complete turn-off for me. Never seen one that I'd consider to be pretty. Has to be long,- the longer the better.

My own (I'm male) is quite long, and at my age I'm grateful to actually have hair at all.

Old 03-31-2015, 04:54 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,684,768 times
I prefer long on me, but some women look great with short hair. I'm just not one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships