Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 05:22 PM

52 posts, read 59,544 times

Advertisements

This guy and I have been talking and texting on the phone sometimes. I really like him a lot. We work in the same building, but not the same department and he has offered to give me a ride home sometime(I don't drive). IDK if I should ask him for a ride, I'd feel like I was mooching or bothering him. But I really like him and want to hang out with him. Should I ask for the ride or just ask him if he wants to hang out with me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 05:23 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Have you even had lunch together??

Or suggest that you go somewhere together after work for a drink or meal. Get to know him better.

Old 04-01-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Have you even had lunch together??

Or suggest that you go somewhere together after work for a drink or meal. Get to know him better.
No, we take our lunches at dfferent times. We'd probably have to check with our department managers or something.

Do you think I should text him and ask him if he wants to go out to eat sometime after work? Or let him text me?

Old 04-01-2015, 05:33 PM

750 posts, read 643,527 times
Oh lord,

OP, tell the guy to message you if he wants to get drinks or dinner after work.

If he is interested in you he will in short order. If he doesnt then he is not interested and you should move on.

Old 04-01-2015, 05:47 PM

Well he is the one that asked for my phone number, which I gave him. After we started chatting. I don't think he'd ask if he wasn't interested. Plus he did offer to give me a ride home after work one day(after I already mentioned I took the bus). Should I ask or should I wait for him to offer again? Should I just ask him out after work for a couple hours?

Old 04-01-2015, 06:34 PM

833 posts, read 657,053 times
Ask him for Pete's sakes . you are overanalyzing.

Old 04-01-2015, 06:37 PM

750 posts, read 643,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamtraveler View Post
Well he is the one that asked for my phone number, which I gave him. After we started chatting. I don't think he'd ask if he wasn't interested. Plus he did offer to give me a ride home after work one day(after I already mentioned I took the bus). Should I ask or should I wait for him to offer again? Should I just ask him out after work for a couple hours?
yes you should ask him.

Old 04-01-2015, 06:40 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamtraveler View Post
This guy and I have been talking and texting on the phone sometimes. I really like him a lot. We work in the same building, but not the same department and he has offered to give me a ride home sometime(I don't drive). IDK if I should ask him for a ride, I'd feel like I was mooching or bothering him. But I really like him and want to hang out with him. Should I ask for the ride or just ask him if he wants to hang out with me?

If you have to ask permission from random strangers on a public forum if you should ask this guy out the answer is:

No, you are not even close to being mature enough to think about a relationship.
Once you are mature and able to make your own decisions about your own life, including dating, then you should think about getting into a relationship.

A few words of caution though............NEVER take Romance, Religion and Politics to the office, even if you work in different departments of the same company. It rarely ends well for anyone involved and tends to feed the gossip gluttons.

Old 04-01-2015, 06:57 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,790,902 times
OP, I think the concern here is for your safety. He may seem like a great guy, but getting into a car with a stranger isn't a good idea, so people are suggesting you invite him out for appetizers or drinks after work, so you can size him up better. Does that make sense? Or if there's a free concert or other event on the weekend, you could suggest meeting there.

Old 04-03-2015, 02:39 PM

5,204 posts, read 4,666,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, I think the concern here is for your safety. He may seem like a great guy, but getting into a car with a stranger isn't a good idea
Well the OP isn't a child and they aren't strangers, they know each other from work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships