Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 01:56 PM

833 posts, read 657,580 times

Advertisements

OP why the rush to have sex? You didn't even know the guy well. As you can now tell his actions are strange to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 04:10 PM

284 posts, read 234,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_CA View Post
OP why the rush to have sex? You didn't even know the guy well. As you can now tell his actions are strange to you.
Good question, I don't know other than I wanted to and it felt right at the time. I guess I just thought after spending 6 weeks together I deserved more than a short text blowing me off.

Old 04-04-2015, 04:22 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,207 times
Yes, you got "dumped", it's part of the game. Move on to the next person...some people may be perfect but they aren't emotional available at the time.

The "different stage" crap it's just another silly way of the "it's not you it's me" crap.

Life is too short to dwell on "what if", there is somebody else out there for you.

If he comes back...then it's your choice, but don't wait for him

Old 04-04-2015, 05:00 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,181,381 times
I am glad I stumbled upon this thread. I think I was "blowtorched" recently too. It's very, very hurtful.

Old 04-06-2015, 07:48 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
I'm sorry, OP. Definitely sounds like he doesn't want to see you anymore. I've had this happen to me as well, and know a lot of friends who've had the same thing done to them. Everything seems great and like things are headed towards a relationship, and then poof! Who knows why. Maybe they aren't ready for a relationship, met someone else, it's frustrating for sure.

Old 04-06-2015, 08:10 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andie1969 View Post
Good question, I don't know other than I wanted to and it felt right at the time. I guess I just thought after spending 6 weeks together I deserved more than a short text blowing me off.
At what point did the sex happen? Could this be a case of he-got-what-he-wanted, so he's moved on to other conquests? It doesn't make sense that you were getting along great, then he comes up with this nonsensical excuse that he doesn't know if the two of you are on the same page. Especially so suddenly after inviting you to dinner.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
At what point did the sex happen? Could this be a case of he-got-what-he-wanted, so he's moved on to other conquests? It doesn't make sense that you were getting along great, then he comes up with this nonsensical excuse that he doesn't know if the two of you are on the same page. Especially so suddenly after inviting you to dinner.
Not until about 3 weeks in, and honestly I kind of initiated it. I really don't think that's it at all, he made a lot of effort to do things in public, not just hang out at home and in the bedroom. He came to my house last weekend for game night with a bunch of my friends and had a great time. Tuesday everything seemed fine, then he seemed distant the next few days, but I knew he was busy at work, then Friday, BAM that text. Frustrating that he assumes "we're not in the same place" when we haven't even discussed what that place is! Just be a grown up and talk to me!

Old 04-06-2015, 10:18 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andie1969 View Post
Met a guy on match about 6 weeks ago, saw each other once a week for the first 3 weeks, but emailed/texted almost daily, not a lot, we both definitely prefer to speak in person. Then started hanging out 2/3 times a week, we have so much in common.

I last saw him on Tuesday, he asked me out to dinner, everything seemed fine. Since then the communication really stalled and his replies were very short. So last evening I sent a text just asking if he was ok, that I know his work has been crazy and just wanted to make sure everything was cool. His reply, “yea I’m fine. I’ve just been thinking and not sure if we are in the same place with all of this”. Ok then… I just replied back telling him I appreciate his honesty and to let me know if he’d like to talk about it since we obviously aren’t quite clear on what the other wants. I also said I’d hate to just walk away due to a misunderstanding. No reply back yet… I know he has his son this weekend too so I’m just going to pull back and see what happens.

The thing is, he pursued me, I wasn't really into him until after the 3rd date or so, then really started to get to know him and like him. And now this? We are both divorced, I'm 45, he's 41 so we are not young dumb kids.

Move on with your life.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:35 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Move on with your life.
Obviously. Some people act like nothing bothers them. It's disappointing to meet someone you really like and then be told it's not going to work out out of nowhere. Clearly she's going to move on, but it still sucks. And it's weird to go from hanging out with the person's friends and everything is great, to boom done, over.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Obviously. Some people act like nothing bothers them. It's disappointing to meet someone you really like and then be told it's not going to work out out of nowhere. Clearly she's going to move on, but it still sucks. And it's weird to go from hanging out with the person's friends and everything is great, to boom done, over.
Thanks, yes it does suck! He was even talking about stuff we could do this summer, baseball games, ride his motorcycle, etc., nothing concrete, but acting like he was going to stick around. And yes, I am moving on...I just bought tickets to go to a baseball game this weekend with a coworker.

eta: we are still FB friends, I won't delete him because I think that's a passive aggressive thing to do, at least not yet. He's welcome to delete me anytime though, he's not an active user at all, maybe one post a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships