Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 10:53 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,152,194 times

Advertisements

Delete his number and text history so you won't text him again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 11:09 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
I wouldn't use "dumped," since there's no real evidence it was ever anything but a casual relationship, not necessarily exclusive or serious or anything.

Assuming that no real conversations ever occurred where information came up that would lead to somebody determining that the two of you "weren't in the same place," I would imagine that it's very likely vaugespeak for "I'm seeing/talking to a few different people and have decided I'm going to move in a direction not-you." If somebody's got multiple fish on the line, there's nothing you can really do.

Your speculation that "something freaked him out" is interesting. Because you're making that assumption, it seems possible that you have an idea of exactly what transpired or came up that might have freaked him out.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:35 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,145 times
Maybe disappointed with his text is a better word than getting dumped. You weren't in a realtionship. You thought you were getting to know each other and he wasn't at the same place, which is what he told you. Move on.

Regardless of age, some men have a problem telling women that they really aren't that into them even lthough we often read more into their talk and their actions. I have learned to not expect exclusivity until we actually talk about being exclusive and what we would expect from each other.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:35 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,845,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
There's a saying from the Mars/Venus books, that men go fast, they are the gas pedals, but women must be the brakes. There's a phenomena he talks about called "blowtorching" where the guy in the beginning stages feels infatuated and rushed full speed ahead, calling every day, etc etc...but then when you join him there and it seems "real" they realize it went to fast, then he wants out and just stomp on the brakes. I have had my heart broken due to this in the past. I don't blame men for it, it's just the way we're wired. I also happen to believe men don't value us as much when we give our hearts away too easily.
I can vouch for this as well. Some guys will fall head over heels for a girl in the beginning, and be "all-in" before he even knows who she is as a person. These guys put the girl on a pedestal and treat the relationship as a fantasy. What they don't seem to get is that the girl is actually a real person, with flaws and needs, not just the object of their desire. So, when things all of a sudden get "real" and it's not just about the fantasy anymore, these guys will back off very quickly. They really aren't ready for commitment or even emotional connection.

The guys who come on too strong, too fast - always take them with a grain of salt. They don't really KNOW you and chances are they don't have a good grasp on their own sense of self if they're plunging head-first into a relationship before really knowing the girl. Really knowing and coming to like someone takes time, it's something that grows.

Old 05-16-2015, 06:29 AM

284 posts, read 234,503 times
Well well well, guess who contacted me last night after 6 weeks of NC? I have not replied and don't know if I will. Of course, the text was sent while I was on a 2nd date with a really nice guy I just met. It's like they really do have a sense that tells them when we've moved on.

His text basically said he got freaked out but really liked our time together. He's been thinking of me and is sure I've met someone else by now, but he was taking a chance and reaching out.

Old 05-16-2015, 07:56 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,150,246 times
Psh, good for him. He should have never said what he told you via text. Be a man, jeez. That's like the first rule, face to face.

Good luck to you.

Old 05-16-2015, 08:07 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Yeah, nope.

Trranslation= "The other person I was seeing and chose to go with didn't work out, after all...but, hey, you're still around, right?"

Old 05-16-2015, 08:08 AM

284 posts, read 234,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Yeah, nope.

Trranslation= "The other person I was seeing and chose to go with didn't work out, after all...but, hey, you're still around, right?"
Yep, my thought exactly!

Old 05-16-2015, 11:46 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,103 times
I don't wish ill will on anyone, but he kinda got his.. and that is okay.

Old 05-16-2015, 02:27 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,152,194 times
This happened to me a lot when I was dating. A guy would cycle back around after a while. In this case, this guy handled things poorly. He blew you off, ignored your offer to talk about it, etc. It's up to you whether to give him a second chance, but I'd advise against it. See how things go with the new guy instead. I don't think you owe him a response - after all, he didn't seem to think he owed you one!

Last edited by CapsChick; 05-16-2015 at 03:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships