Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 01:56 PM

33 posts, read 45,495 times

Advertisements

A little while ago I started a thread on a guy so seemed to be acting very hot and cold with me. Last Thursday I texted him asking if I would be seeing him over my spring break as he lives close to my family and he responded "If you want, when are you free?" which ticked me off because I feel like every time someone says "if you want" they're not fully into the idea.

Anyway, we made plans to hang out Saturday, nothing defined yet, and he asked if I'd be spending the night, to which I replied no. We didn't really talk Friday until I found out I wouldn't be going home until Saturday and texted to cancel. I had already been thinking of cancelling because of his responses, he seemed excited but not for the same reasons I was (I'm actually interested in him), so the change of travel plans made it easy. He asked what happened and I said I was having a personal problem, he didn't prove further and we stopped talking.

I figured that was pretty much the end of that and while I was bummed out thought it may be for the best. He then texts me Sunday night, the text said "hey, what's up?" and I had nothing to say so I didn't reply. Come Tuesday, he send me some snapchats, and at night again texts me asking if everything is ok, again I ignore it. Thursday night, a friend of mine convinces me to text him as she agreed with one of you who said in the other thread that we were both playing games, she said that if I was really interested I should text him back, so I did. He asked me what happened to our date and I let him know I'd be around the weekend. We agree to meet Saturday and he asks what I want to do, I suggest something outdoors since the weather was going to be nice and he said he'd plan something and asked if I'd be going home with him, I replied saying it depended on the date.

This is where things got weird, he asked if I wanted romance and I replied saying yes, lots of it. He asked why and I told him I wanted more and didn't want to be his booty call. He told me I wasn't and said I was the one who booty called him the first time we slept together, which is true. I said I regretted it a little, and he replied saying it was ok since we had so much sexual tension. I asked him what he wanted out of this and he said he didn't know, he said he liked me but didn't know yet but that he enjoyed spending time with me. I told him I didn't want to waste our time if we didn't want the same thing, and he said he wanted to get to know me more. We agreed to meet up talk and take it from there, and caught each other up on our lives.

Friday night I hadn't heard from him so I texted asking what the plans were since we didn't agree on a time and place and didn't hear back from him. It's Sunday afternoon and I haven't heard anything, though he has been active on Facebook and has been looking at my Snapchat story. Should I text him or let it go? I was under the impression things were looking up but obviously I was wrong, now I'm confused
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 02:02 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,768,103 times
Wait for him to contact you since he does not know what he wants.

If he does not do this in a reasonable amount of time, then move on.

Also, learn from your mistakes, and do not repeat them.

I would not want to be considered as or looked upon as a booty call.

Old 04-05-2015, 02:24 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times
well he did ask you what you were looking for ( romance) and he was honest enough to say ok, but I am not sure I am in it for the same reasons that you are. Basically telling you to move forward at your own risk. If you don't want to be a booty call.. Walk away. Seems like you both put your cards on the table so all that's left is for you is to decide if it works for you. There are tons of guys who'd tell you what you want to hear in order to get laid. Give this guy his props for being honest, and letting it be your call.

Old 04-05-2015, 02:41 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npca06 View Post

Anyway, we made plans to hang out Saturday, nothing defined yet the kiss of death

I found out I wouldn't be going home until Saturday and texted to cancel. I had already been thinking of cancelling because of his responses, ... but you didn't say that ...

I said I was having a personal problem, he didn't prove further and we stopped talking. vague

He then texts me Sunday night, the text said "hey, what's up?" and I had nothing to say so I didn't reply. Do unto others ...

Come Tuesday, he send me some snapchats, and at night again texts me asking if everything is ok, again I ignore it. Come on.

He told me I wasn't and said I was the one who booty called him the first time we slept together, which is true. Hypocritical. I said I regretted it a little, Wishy washy.

Friday night I hadn't heard from him so I texted asking what the plans were since we didn't agree on a time and place and didn't hear back from him. Surprise!

...now I'm confused
Really? You're confused??

You don't know what you want, and when you DO know what you want, you don't say it.

Read the quoted part above ^^^ and ask yourself if YOU would want to be treated that way.

Jeez, grow up. Make real plans and follow through. If you don't like something, say so. Right then. But stop messing around by being vague and treating people in ways you wouldn't want to be treated.

Old 04-05-2015, 03:32 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,233,524 times
You're having to work way too hard at this.

Old 04-05-2015, 04:30 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,945,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npca06 View Post
A little while ago I started a thread on a guy so seemed to be acting very hot and cold with me. Last Thursday I texted him asking if I would be seeing him over my spring break as he lives close to my family and he responded "If you want, when are you free?" which ticked me off because I feel like every time someone says "if you want" they're not fully into the idea.

Anyway, we made plans to hang out Saturday, nothing defined yet, and he asked if I'd be spending the night, to which I replied no. We didn't really talk Friday until I found out I wouldn't be going home until Saturday and texted to cancel. I had already been thinking of cancelling because of his responses, he seemed excited but not for the same reasons I was (I'm actually interested in him), so the change of travel plans made it easy. He asked what happened and I said I was having a personal problem, he didn't prove further and we stopped talking.

I figured that was pretty much the end of that and while I was bummed out thought it may be for the best. He then texts me Sunday night, the text said "hey, what's up?" and I had nothing to say so I didn't reply. Come Tuesday, he send me some snapchats, and at night again texts me asking if everything is ok, again I ignore it. Thursday night, a friend of mine convinces me to text him as she agreed with one of you who said in the other thread that we were both playing games, she said that if I was really interested I should text him back, so I did. He asked me what happened to our date and I let him know I'd be around the weekend. We agree to meet Saturday and he asks what I want to do, I suggest something outdoors since the weather was going to be nice and he said he'd plan something and asked if I'd be going home with him, I replied saying it depended on the date.

This is where things got weird, he asked if I wanted romance and I replied saying yes, lots of it. He asked why and I told him I wanted more and didn't want to be his booty call. He told me I wasn't and said I was the one who booty called him the first time we slept together, which is true. I said I regretted it a little, and he replied saying it was ok since we had so much sexual tension. I asked him what he wanted out of this and he said he didn't know, he said he liked me but didn't know yet but that he enjoyed spending time with me. I told him I didn't want to waste our time if we didn't want the same thing, and he said he wanted to get to know me more. We agreed to meet up talk and take it from there, and caught each other up on our lives.

Friday night I hadn't heard from him so I texted asking what the plans were since we didn't agree on a time and place and didn't hear back from him. It's Sunday afternoon and I haven't heard anything, though he has been active on Facebook and has been looking at my Snapchat story. Should I text him or let it go? I was under the impression things were looking up but obviously I was wrong, now I'm confused
You're confused?!?

Holy crap!!! The title of this thread suggests he stood you up but in reality you are running around in circles with this guy.

So he didn't texted you back... You did the same thing.

I suggest you grow up a bit before you do the relationship thing anymore.

Old 04-05-2015, 04:36 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Honestly? You sound like a pain.... I couldn't get past the first few paragraphs of YOUR game playing.... if I were him I probably would have faded on you too, and I'm a chick.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-05-2015, 05:05 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,150,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Honestly? You sound like a pain.... I couldn't get past the first few paragraphs of YOUR game playing.... if I were him I probably would have faded on you too, and I'm a chick.
My thoughts exactly. I can't believe this guy still bothers, OP. It sounds like you're the hot and cold one and then expect "lots of romance?!" If you want to turn this guy off entirely, you're doing all the right things.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:42 PM

5,208 posts, read 4,666,583 times
I think the guy is making everything very obvious but you just refuse to see it. Asking whether you'll stay the night every time just means whether you'll be having sex. And every time you either say no or don't commit, he flakes. Next time give him an enthusiastic yes and see what happens.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:30 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

This.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships