Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 02:24 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Plot twist: There is no grandfather. OP has been dumped.

To confirm, log into Match and see when she was last active.
Lilac, ever the sharp one! It can't hurt to do some research, OP. You could also check the obituaries in the newspaper for the day she said he passed. You wouldn't know his name, but there wouldn't be many obits on any given day, anyway. Assuming you do see her again at some point, you could ask her about him, and get a name, maybe. Along with getting her name.... Or you could pull a Seinfeld, and snoop in her purse while she's in the bathroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 05:33 PM

192 posts, read 177,967 times
She hasn't been active in over a week ... says active within 2 weeks. So it's not like she is out looking around. My paralegal is about her age. She is 26. She says I responded within a couple minutes I was sorry and hope she was okay and now I give it a week. My supervising attorney who has known me since I was a teenager says the same sing. I want to call her or express additional affection, but the majority of people on here and people I know are telling me otherwise. We've never talked on the phone except when I was driving and having trouble finding the bowling alley. Right now I am thinking we both seemed to like each other, she had a serious life event and needs to work through it, and maybe after a reasonable time frame we can pick up where we left off. In the first conversation I think I should tell her I wanted to send her flowers but didn't even know her address.

Old 04-07-2015, 05:48 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by returning_to_dating View Post
In the first conversation I think I should tell her I wanted to send her flowers but didn't even know her address.
... Right after you ask her name.

Old 04-07-2015, 05:54 PM

I'm actually incredibly surprised by the comments on the name thing here. I would bet money on what her name is based on her username, all I am saying is I am just not 100% what it is. If you really liked someone and enjoyed their company but then found out you had some sort of issue with their name would you stop seeing them?

Old 04-07-2015, 05:56 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,390 times
Quote:
I'm actually incredibly surprised by the comments on the name thing here. I would bet money on what her name is based on her username, all I am saying is I am just not 100% what it is. If you really liked someone and enjoyed their company but then found out you had some sort of issue with their name would you stop seeing them?
Nobody said you should stop seeing her. They said it's weird you went out with her twice, and don't know her name. Especially since you like her.

Old 04-07-2015, 05:59 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Nobody said you should stop seeing her. They said it's weird you went out with her twice, and don't know her name. Especially since you like her.
Yep.

It's incredibly weird.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:00 PM

As of now, this is what I am planning to text her Sunday evening:

Hey I hope you are doing well! I am really sorry for your loss!! I wanted to send you flowers, but seeing how I don't even know your address, I felt like it would be inappropriate to ask given the circumstances. Anyway, I was really enjoying getting to know you If you were as well, maybe you can let me know once you are ready and we can figure out getting together again.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:01 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,526,004 times
Quote:
It's not the name itself that we have issue with - it's that you don't KNOW her name. We don't care what her name is.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:01 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Guess what? My name isn't really Liberty.

Your question makes no sense. Why would you have an issue with anyone's name? It's the fact that you don't know her name but have gone out with her a couple of times that is really weird.

As I said in an earlier post, send a text hoping she's doing okay and that you're thinking of her. That's all you need to say, and today isn't too soon to do it. In the midst of my grief right now, it makes my heart happy when I get a thinking of you text. I don't feel much like chatting but I'm grateful that people are thinking of me and taking the time to let me know it.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:02 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
As of now, this is what I am planning to text her Sunday evening:

Hey I hope you are doing well! I am really sorry for your loss!! I wanted to send you flowers, but seeing how I don't even know your address, I felt like it would be inappropriate to ask given the circumstances. Anyway, I was really enjoying getting to know you If you were as well, maybe you can let me know once you are ready and we can figure out getting together again.
That is awful, sorry. Do not send that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships