Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 07:28 PM

22 posts, read 20,877 times

Advertisements

I'm 22 years old and i havent had a serious relationship or proper boyfriend yet. I started dating when i went away to college at 18. I've been together with 4 guys over the years. 3 of them lasted 3-5 months and one was a complicated on/off relationship for a year. None had titles, but we were exclusive that we were only with one another and met eachother's friends and so forth.

I've had hookups as well (mostly makeouts and a little further)- i've talked to a lot of guys as well. I just can't seem to find the right guy.

I'm grateful as i got to experience amazing things with these people and shared wonderful memories. I also have shared stories of my life with them, experienced intimacy, s*x, and have been in love.

Idk i guess i feel silly that i haven't had a long, proper or official relationship yet at my age. Is this all normal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 07:30 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetgal92 View Post
I'm 22 years old and i havent had a serious relationship or proper boyfriend yet. I started dating when i went away to college at 18. I've been together with 4 guys over the years. 3 of them lasted 3-5 months and one was a complicated on/off relationship for a year. None had titles, but we were exclusive that we were only with one another and met eachother's friends and so forth.

I've had hookups as well (mostly makeouts and a little further)- i've talked to a lot of guys as well. I just can't seem to find the right guy.

I'm grateful as i got to experience amazing things with these people and shared wonderful memories. I also have shared stories of my life with them, experienced intimacy, s*x, and have been in love.

Idk i guess i feel silly that i haven't had a long, proper or official relationship yet at my age. Is this all normal?
No it is not weird
just focus on having fun

Old 04-06-2015, 07:39 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,235,515 times
At 22, no. There's no rush. Date, decide what you like in guys and what you don't like. It's better to decide that before getting into "a long, proper or official relationship." Enjoy your single years but don't be afraid to couple-up when/if the time is right.

Old 04-06-2015, 07:53 PM

750 posts, read 644,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetgal92 View Post

22 is still young. Still in Uni or just finished.

Wait until you are 28 and then you might be on to something.

Old 04-07-2015, 03:28 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
22 is still young. Still in Uni or just finished.

Wait until you are 28 and then you might be on to something.
This.

You still have to sew some oats.

Google it.

Old 04-07-2015, 03:49 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
So?

I see no issue with your situation.

Old 04-07-2015, 05:02 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
If you look on this site you'll see several guys who've never had girlfriends. Why don't you talk to them about it?

Old 04-07-2015, 06:58 AM

60 posts, read 59,667 times
Don't worry about it. When the time is right and the right man comes into your life, it will happen. You still have a way to go in the game of life. Just make sure when you do meet someone that wants to be your boyfriend, that you stay who you are.

But that is all your future problems.......be young and enjoy the single life.

use it to find out who you are.

Old 04-07-2015, 07:03 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Don't sweat it you are only 22.....go out with a guy to have a good time the rest with evolve naturally.
You may get your first serious relationship in a year, 3 years or 5+ years, that doesn't matter.

Keep putting in the effort and going out with guys. If you don't shoot you can't score. And sometimes good things take time.

Last edited by dave nz; 04-07-2015 at 07:18 AM..

Old 04-07-2015, 07:08 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,774,203 times
It's normal. People don't really do official anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships