Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 10:02 PM

48,459 posts, read 34,696,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
So men just assume us fat women have no options, and so use us to guage whether even the "lowest of the low" will find them attractive? Because we don't have any standards and just ache over anyone who says hi to us.

Wow, thank you for going above and beyond to prove my point!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 12:20 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,113,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty124 View Post
Define fit women? Does fit these days just = not fat?
I was just trying to summarize quickly.
I spent 8 years in the Marine Corps. I enjoy activities like kayaking, hiking, etc.

Women who just listed things like "shopping and watching movies" I didn't even contact.
(including women I found physically attractive.)

Also, yes, I like slender women, I also perfer educated women(differing from schooling) 2 have masters degrees, one has no college, the rest range.

My friends pick on me about "my high standards"
Basically I'm saying I'm picky...

I put some work into it however. I posted 4 pix, one a close up, one a full body shot, and 2 involving activities.
I listed about a dozen things I enjoy doing, took the comparability test, and spent about 10 minutes writing my profile.

Several women have contacted me (first) complimenting my profile, thoroughness, way I write (I actually used spellcheck for THAT!) what I said, etc. (including 2 I have dates with.)
Comments have included "I feel like I know you already."
"I wanted to complement you on a well written profile"
"I like "XYZ" in your profile" (several of those)
Comments about how "interesting" I am
And comments talking about similarities or appriciation for various sections.

When I contact someone I insure I include a comment about something they said (I read profiles, many women complain that guys don't.)
I NEVER use a generic "hey" type statement (andtend to ignore those sent to me. I'll speak to someone who puts effort into a interrogative even if I'm not attracted to them.)
And I often try to (if it flows correctly) make some small joke (at my expense if I can) in my opening message.

It's worked for me in years past, seems it still does.

And yes, I send out many more messages than I get responses too.
So what. (I've added several dates since (I'm out of the area at the moment, I tell them this. Doing my "prep work" now.)

Not online that much anymore, primarily texting them all now. (putting their picture next to their number on your phone will help keep then straight.)
One started texting me tonight. She said she had decided to do it because I hadn't asked her for "pictures" or sent her "dick pix" (SHE started.... Physically oriented flirting... I've found it that if you don't... Women are more likely TO!)
-nothing "slutty" just drifting in that direction. (I respond, but keep it toned down... Women aren't used that.)
I warn them I'm not a gentleman, I just fake it well!

Old 04-08-2015, 06:52 AM

1,890 posts, read 1,245,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Why did you message a woman you're not interested in (let alone devaluing her worth here for your own amusement)?
She isn't worth anything to him if he doesn't know her....I'm not understanding why every time a dude cracks on/makes fun of a girl, its devaluing her worth. Her worth to who?

Old 04-08-2015, 06:54 AM

1,890 posts, read 1,245,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
So men just assume us fat women have no options, and so use us to guage whether even the "lowest of the low" will find them attractive? Because we don't have any standards and just ache over anyone who says hi to us.
Not at all. I'm a guy that likes both skinny and fat chicks and they are both equally snooty for whatever reason.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:05 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,873,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I would have been bored to tears by a profile like this, but I wasn't one to really care for lightly or barely filled out profiles. They didn't grab my attention.

Same with me. Profiles that say nothing, mean nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
Men can expect about a 1-2% response rate with OLD. I have never messaged a woman that I didn't have interest in.

I have no idea why people say stuff like this. If that was true. Lets say a 5% response. I would have had to write 1,000 people to have had the 50 or so OLD dates I had over 5-8 years years of doing it. Obviously I didn't write near that many, probably less than 200. (As a really raw guesstimate).

Old 04-08-2015, 07:15 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,129,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
depends, are you tall, white and relatively fit...if so, you will have great success in online dating. Otherwise you could be the most interesting man on earth you will get nowhere!!
But you should have some self respect and self worth, if these women don't want you and can't appreciate you then F them, live and enjoy your life, no point being bitter about it, the only person who you are going to depress is yourself.
Yeah they've done studies about it, if you're black especially if you're a women you can forget about online dating. White guys seem to get the most love online.

The uncomfortable racial preferences revealed by online dating – Quartz

How Your Race Affects The Messages You Get « OkTrends

Beyond finding somebody to hook up with online sounds like a waste of time. I don't no anybody in real life who found their wife or girlfriend using online dating.

Last edited by 14Bricks; 04-08-2015 at 07:38 AM..

Old 04-08-2015, 07:19 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,275,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I would have been bored to tears by a profile like this, but I wasn't one to really care for lightly or barely filled out profiles. They didn't grab my attention.
I'm a straight to the point kind of profile person. Boring is all in the eyes of the beholder. I'm naturally more on the private side with my personal endeavors, so why would I try and be any different online? Get to know me and you'll see how fun I am? I'm about to have a fun weekend watching a MLB game and there's a slim chance that I'll post anything about it on Facebook. Personally, I'm just not a person that likes to gloat about what I'm doing in life.

A profile that tells me about the person's character is going to interest me more than someone who's traveling all the time. Like what people have said on here, most people who talked about all the interesting things they did, haven't done them in a number of years.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
I was just trying to summarize quickly.
I spent 8 years in the Marine Corps. I enjoy activities like kayaking, hiking, etc.

Women who just listed things like "shopping and watching movies" I didn't even contact.
(including women I found physically attractive.)

Also, yes, I like slender women, I also perfer educated women(differing from schooling) 2 have masters degrees, one has no college, the rest range.

My friends pick on me about "my high standards"
Basically I'm saying I'm picky...

I put some work into it however. I posted 4 pix, one a close up, one a full body shot, and 2 involving activities.
I listed about a dozen things I enjoy doing, took the comparability test, and spent about 10 minutes writing my profile.

Several women have contacted me (first) complimenting my profile, thoroughness, way I write (I actually used spellcheck for THAT!) what I said, etc. (including 2 I have dates with.)
Comments have included "I feel like I know you already."
"I wanted to complement you on a well written profile"
"I like "XYZ" in your profile" (several of those)
Comments about how "interesting" I am
And comments talking about similarities or appriciation for various sections.

When I contact someone I insure I include a comment about something they said (I read profiles, many women complain that guys don't.)
I NEVER use a generic "hey" type statement (andtend to ignore those sent to me. I'll speak to someone who puts effort into a interrogative even if I'm not attracted to them.)
And I often try to (if it flows correctly) make some small joke (at my expense if I can) in my opening message.

It's worked for me in years past, seems it still does.

And yes, I send out many more messages than I get responses too.
So what. (I've added several dates since (I'm out of the area at the moment, I tell them this. Doing my "prep work" now.)

Not online that much anymore, primarily texting them all now. (putting their picture next to their number on your phone will help keep then straight.)
One started texting me tonight. She said she had decided to do it because I hadn't asked her for "pictures" or sent her "dick pix" (SHE started.... Physically oriented flirting... I've found it that if you don't... Women are more likely TO!)
-nothing "slutty" just drifting in that direction. (I respond, but keep it toned down... Women aren't used that.)
I warn them I'm not a gentleman, I just fake it well!
I ask for pics and I'll tell you why. Women and men have a tendency to stretch the truth online. I usually will see if I can locate them on Facebook once we start talking to get a better feel for who they are. Pics are the same person, yet they're 30 lbs heavier on Facebook. I'm naturally attracted to bigger women, but their profile pics are not always believable.

If they don't want to send a pic, then that's fine with me. It doesn't bother me, but they may end up being the type person who just wants to communicate. That doesn't interest me at all. I'm a meet relatively quickly kind of person.

At times, women can be too fearful to meet and wait for perfection. Men do the same thing, so we all just play musical chairs.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:27 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,873,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
A profile that tells me about the person's character is going to interest me more than someone who's traveling all the time. Like what people have said on here, most people who talked about all the interesting things they did, haven't done them in a number of years.

What can someone say about their character online that would sell themselves to you?

If I never see another "I'm nice, friendly, love to laugh, and I'm incredibly honest and compassionate!" or stuff about caring for their mother or playing with their nieces, I'll be thankful. Everyone thinks their a good, honest, kind person. A profile telling me that someone is doesn't tell me anything I can believe... that needs to be found out in person.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
What can someone say about their character online that would sell themselves to you?

If I never see another "I'm nice, friendly, love to laugh, and I'm incredibly honest and compassionate!" or stuff about caring for their mother or playing with their nieces, I'll be thankful. Everyone thinks their a good, honest, kind person. A profile telling me that someone is doesn't tell me anything I can believe... that needs to be found out in person.
All profiles say a canned version of the same generic crap. I'm just not that interested in someone who's in Fiji this week and is going to NYC the week after. Don't get me wrong, I like an active person, but we're here to try and date; not talk about the trips you've gone on.

It's also my personality too. I don't publicize much that I do on a day to day basis. I'm naturally a private person. I like traveling and doing things, but my support circle to do so is much smaller than most women I know. Most of my friends are in relationships and do their traveling with their SO's or as a group. I don't want to tag along so much on something that's not really designed for where I'm at in life at the moment.

I'd travel a lot more often if I had a bigger supporting circle, but I haven't met many guys in my 30s, who are single, who want to get away at any given weekend. We all have work and other things to tend to, where I've seen women are much better at taking a weekend trip at a moments notice.

I want to step out and explore, but I'm also a bit comfortable too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships