Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 09:04 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,210,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezwacks View Post
It's like a trainwreck... you cant look away!
If this is what you consider to be a trainwreck, you've lived quite a sheltered life.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Actually, OP, it wasn't based mostly on her use of cocaine. Sure, some people were adamant about that. But a lot of people have mentioned the materialism factor, and perceived immaturity (related to the materialism factor). And then there was her unenthusiastic communication style in-between dates.

But it sounds like for now you've decided to continue with her. So, are we done here?
I've been responding to YOUR (the community's) comments much of this time. I was "done" probably after the first 10 pages or so. I have an understanding of what I need to do to be happy, and I'll do what is necessary for me, in my time frame.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:17 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
I've been responding to YOUR (the community's) comments much of this time. I was "done" probably after the first 10 pages or so. I have an understanding of what I need to do to be happy, and I'll do what is necessary for me, in my time frame.
Well, here's where you were on pages 7-13:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur;
The next time I'm supposed to see her is tomorrow. So, if that happens, most likely then. The sooner the better; I don't really want this lingering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur;
The plan is to break things off with her tonight in person if I have that opportunity.
But as long as your clear on the issue for yourself, that's the important thing. Carry on.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:44 AM

229 posts, read 244,541 times
Quote:
If this is what you consider to be a trainwreck, you've lived quite a sheltered life.
You keep on thinking that there buddy...

You do realize you are making yourself look like a fool here... right?

Old 04-17-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezwacks View Post
You keep on thinking that there buddy...

You do realize you are making yourself look like a fool here... right?
No, I'm not. With the exception of a few, most people here like me and appreciate me even if we don't always agree on things. And you've been here, what? Not even a month? I wouldn't be surprised if you're a former user under a new pseudonym as is often the case on this particular sub it seems. Let's see if you even last a few months here and then get back and talk to me.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:14 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,522,865 times
Lafleur, you NEED to break up with this girl.
maybe the woman for you (yeah, THE woman) is outhere and you are missing the opportunity of meeting her for spending time with this flaky girl.

sometimes the right person for you is out there and you miss it, due to the most stupid things. I found THE guy 1 year ago, and everytime i think i was about to bail on him on our date (i met him via OLD, and he asked me out 2 times before and i CANCELED our dates TWO CONSECUTIVE DAYS -thursday and friday-, just cause i was depressed about OLD and was sad about an ex reappearing and contacting me. On saturday, i WASNT GONNA GO, i was just gonna stand him up and NEVER SEE HIM AGAIN. MY GIRLFRIENDS HAD TO CONVINCE ME VIA WHATSAPP TO GO AND ENJOY. I WENT. I CANT BELIEVE HOW LUCKY I AM MY FRIENDS CONVINCE ME) and therefore never met him and never having THE HAPPIEST YEAR OF MY LIFE and the best relationship i ever had (best relationship in the world if you ask me ).

I mean, everytime i think i almost missed on THAT just cause i was sad or frustrated about other things, i start shivering!!!!!

seriously, you need to lose the girl and be available for when the REAL THING APPEARS. You dont wanna miss it!!!

Old 04-17-2015, 12:16 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,522,865 times
You are 29, this happened to me at 31, you are still young, you have a good personality and are attractive. You need to STOP WASTING TIME on things that dont go anywhere. Believe me. This is where good things will come.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:17 PM

229 posts, read 244,541 times
Quote:
No, I'm not. With the exception of a few, most people here like me and appreciate me even if we don't always agree on things. And you've been here, what? Not even a month? I wouldn't be surprised if you're a former user under a new pseudonym as is often the case on this particular sub it seems. Let's see if you even last a few months here and then get back and talk to me.
How many people have said in this thread to break up with her, you are ignoring them.

You are looking like a fool, even if you don't see it.

It's not about people liking you, you are still making yourself look like a fool with the way you are acting

Old 04-17-2015, 12:19 PM

718 posts, read 615,586 times
Quote:
Although, I don't agree with the poster and think what he was saying was blatantly rude and obnoxious ...

If you wear your CD popularity as a "badge of honour", then I seriously question your maturity. This place isn't a cult -- there's no "fresh fish", or OG's on here. It's just a bunch of people from the internet that discuss things on a forum. What, the "NoOob" needs to prove himself in a few months lol?

This literally sounds like a scene from a disney channel movie.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:22 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Lafleur, you NEED to break up with this girl.
maybe the woman for you (yeah, THE woman) is outhere and you are missing the opportunity of meeting her for spending time with this flaky girl.

sometimes the right person for you is out there and you miss it, due to the most stupid things. I found THE guy 1 year ago, and everytime i think i was about to bail on him on our date (i met him via OLD, and he asked me out 2 times before and i CANCELED our dates TWO CONSECUTIVE DAYS -thursday and friday-, just cause i was depressed about OLD and was sad about an ex reappearing and contacting me. On saturday, i WASNT GONNA GO, i was just gonna stand him up and NEVER SEE HIM AGAIN. MY GIRLFRIENDS HAD TO CONVINCE ME VIA WHATSAPP TO GO AND ENJOY. I WENT. I CANT BELIEVE HOW LUCKY I AM MY FRIENDS CONVINCE ME) and therefore never met him and never having THE HAPPIEST YEAR OF MY LIFE and the best relationship i ever had (best relationship in the world if you ask me ).

I mean, everytime i think i almost missed on THAT just cause i was sad or frustrated about other things, i start shivering!!!!!

seriously, you need to lose the girl and be available for when the REAL THING APPEARS. You dont wanna miss it!!!
This is very true. Not being over an ex can be brutal, because it can keep you from meeting good people. Sometimes you just have to take that chance and be open to the possibilities, but sometimes going out on the date makes them miss the ex more. I'm not talking about someone you know isn't worth meeting, but the person that seems like an honest and down to earth person. If you meet for coffee, you really have nothing to lose.

That's great to hear that your friends talked you into meeting him and it was the best relationship you had. What you have done is create a cool story that a lot of people like to hear. It does give people a little more hope in online dating. Many people reach that point where they're just tired of trying. I liked reading you retell your story of almost missing out on that right person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships