Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 11:40 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,701 times

Advertisements

There is a need for skilled non sectarian life/dating/relationship coaches. The problem is the type of people that become life/dating/relationship coaches are generally low IQ screw ups that could not manage their own life well enough to get a real job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 12:49 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,848,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiegendesLicht View Post
It's called communicating. You know, talk to them about what they like and stuff. Or have Americans with all their gadgets forgotten how to do that?
no it is called being blunt and stop play games

Old 04-12-2015, 12:59 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiegendesLicht View Post
It's called communicating. You know, talk to them about what they like and stuff. Or have Americans with all their gadgets forgotten how to do that?
Nice.... let's group 300 million people into one silly box......

All of us dumbass Americans can't figure out how to put our pants on and we need drool towels as well.......

Last edited by Chowhound; 04-12-2015 at 01:41 AM..

Old 04-12-2015, 08:57 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
There is a need for skilled non sectarian life/dating/relationship coaches. The problem is the type of people that become life/dating/relationship coaches are generally low IQ screw ups that could not manage their own life well enough to get a real job.
Some of them work. My friend used one and he's getting married in a few weeks.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:01 AM

309 posts, read 258,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
no it is called being blunt and stop play games
That has always helped me in my love life, but a lot of people seem to prefer playing games.

Old 04-12-2015, 10:37 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Great point! We go to extremes to be better than ourselves but lose ourselves of what we really are.Many like us just the way we are.
Definitely.

I don't think you need to change who you are, your interests, hobbies etc, but i think many people need help with presentation -things like standing up straight, making eye contact, walking with purpose, not shuffling your feet, keeping your mouth closed instead of sitting there slack-jawed. Those are all little behaviours that should have been corrected by your parents as you were growing up, but obviously many didn't receive that type of parenting.

And I truly believe most pivotal part of any social interaction is knowing how to read social cues, understand body language, and basically be aware of the world beyond the end of your nose. Communication is 90% non-verbal.

I know in the movie, Hitch was all about presentation but in real life, for many people the coaching has to go beyond hold your head up, smile, and be sharply dressed.

Old 04-12-2015, 10:58 AM

409 posts, read 497,951 times
Nope, too embarrassing.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:18 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Definitely.

I don't think you need to change who you are, your interests, hobbies etc, but i think many people need help with presentation -things like standing up straight, making eye contact, walking with purpose, not shuffling your feet, keeping your mouth closed instead of sitting there slack-jawed. Those are all little behaviours that should have been corrected by your parents as you were growing up, but obviously many didn't receive that type of parenting.

And I truly believe most pivotal part of any social interaction is knowing how to read social cues, understand body language, and basically be aware of the world beyond the end of your nose. Communication is 90% non-verbal.

I know in the movie, Hitch was all about presentation but in real life, for many people the coaching has to go beyond hold your head up, smile, and be sharply dressed.
It's also about having a heart and not being a cold frigged person.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:59 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Dunno if you noticed, but the clients he had were total dysfunctionals.
Good point. That was sorta the whole basis of the movie...they were all misfits of sorts, and needed the help.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:26 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
People are afraid of rejection that's all.

And the "art" of seduction, it's full of rejection...it's part of the "game". It's like playing soccer without the hazard of breaking a leg or having an injury.

That's part of the game: protect yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships