Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 10:39 AM

7,276 posts, read 5,296,811 times

Advertisements

If status due to material holdings is used as judgement on you, I wouldn't give that person even a glance. A relationship is based solely on an inner connection, not on the wanting of a show-off trophy due to looks or economic standing.

Old 04-12-2015, 11:55 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,438,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Type of car, age of car, no.

Cleanliness, possibly. If it's a trashed out pit, that shows taking a lack of pride in your surroundings and colors my opinion, sure. Same as bad grooming would.

I'm a woman, and had a guy I went out with once make a snarky comment about my car. It wasn't a jalopy, just a couple-of-years-old economy model four-door...kind of a generic budget car, common make - think Honda Accord-ish. He happened to be a guy who was big on leasing luxury cars. When we concluded the date, and he walked me to my car, his comment was "Oh, hey, nice "responsibility-mobile." He had already knocked my job (social work type) as "bleeding heart, "no-money," so I'd already pegged him for a douche.
Wow.

Some people just don't hide their douchery under a bushel.

Nutty.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:55 PM

52,338 posts, read 52,791,864 times
As long as it's not the car that Ricky from the Trailer Park boys drives.

That thing is a straight out piece of crap, I haven't seen a ride that sloppy, ever.......

Old 04-12-2015, 07:07 PM

635 posts, read 755,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
There are more people out there that have suffered abuse and neglect as a child and they do not use that as an excuse or a crutch when they become adults.

You stated yourself you have financial issues because of a divorce in your original post.
And good for those people not using ut as a crutch. I was merely saying I have a low self esteem and always have. Having an abusive ex also didn't contribute to getting more self worth. So sorry I threw that in there since sone were wondering why I asked this question. Now y'all can move on from it.

And please point out where I have financial issues....bc of the divorce? Maybe paying thousands in attorney fees by myself because my unfaithful ex chooses not to...yes, that caused financial issues but if I'm
making my mortgage on time then I don't really have it too bad.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:12 PM

48,574 posts, read 34,949,541 times
Closed at the OPs request.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships