Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2015, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 861 times

Advertisements

I am a 22 year old female, and I work for a construction company. It's a big construction company and has locations all over the US.

In our location, a city on the east coast, my dad is the Area Manager. Which means for this location he is the big boss. But of course, he has a boss who has a boss, who has a boss ect.... (Below him are the Superintendents and other various Managers)

I've been working for this company for about 2 years now.

Two years ago my Dad got me a little part-time job in the office helping the ladies out with filing and other miscellaneous tasks. I was in school at the time so the hours were nice and I was thankful to make a little money.

The Warehouse Manager, Chris, was 37 years old. He was a very polite and respectful guy. He called everyone Mr. and Ms. and he was a hard worker and was very good at his job. Chris was just an overall nice country guy.

Sometimes when I was standing by the copier in the hallway waiting for copies, and Chris was walking past me, he would tickle my side or touch my side and just keep walking. Or he would give a little tug on my curly hair. I never really thought anything of it, and I would just forget about it and move on.

I ended up getting a hair cut and straightening out my curls. Just because I wanted a change. Chris notices and says did you get a hair cut? So I said yes, he said why?? It was better before!

One day it snowed and my Dad was sick and he wasn't going into the office, so my Dad told me to text Chris as ask him for a ride into work, since he lives closest to us. He gave me Chris' phone number and I texted him. Chris said if it's okay with your Dad then sure I will give you a ride. I told him yes its okay, so he picked me up. He talked most of the ride and when we were getting close to the office, he drove past it. He said there is a water front park if you keep going straight past the office and he likes to sometimes drive by and look at the water. He told me it's a good lunch spot and I should have lunch there sometime, he would even go with me, and I said you're always so busy you don't have the time. He said I would make time for that. So we went to the office and that was that.

I heard some office gossip that Chris was having martial issues and his wife is a little nuts. They had been together since they were 18.

Anyway, we were moving some office furniture around and I was standing in the door way, and I feel someone brush their fingers against the back of my neck. It was Chris making his way walking past me.

A few days later, Chris turns in his truck keys, his iphone, his company credit card - everything. He quit. I heard his wife wanted to move to Georgia or something. Anyway, about 8 months go by and he is calling my Dad asking if he can come back to work, my Dad said he has replaced him but he can come and work out in the field. They made plans for him to come back to work, but Chris never showed up.

In the meantime a position in the company opened for a Construction Project Coordinator, I applied and the Superintended hired me. He trained and me and mentored me, and we have a great boss/employee relationship. I love my job!

So, Chris's Warehouse Manager replacement ended up leaving. I felt bad for Chris so I emailed him and let him know that his old position was available and he should call my Dad and talk to him. He did just that and he is now back with the company. His family is still in Georgia until he can find a house here.

Chris thanked me for helping him and told me he would like to be my friend, and said he feels lonely and it's going to be hard work getting the warehouse back into shape, ect...

We made lunch plans but he never showed up. I called him and he said he got busy, but he said I could come keep him company in the warehouse, and hangout. I called him an a-hole and we ended up ignoring each other for a few weeks.

My boss wanted me to help move some stuff around the warehouse so he called Chris. Chris said he didn't want me to help, and that I would probably stare at him and make him uncomfortable, Chris said, yeah man.. I don't know what to do about this one.....

I called him and asked him why would he say that to my boss? Chris denied ever saying it.

I heard him say it though. I was right next to my boss when he was on the phone with him.
My boss said I don't know what he's talking about, but you should stay away from him.

So me and Chris continued not speaking. One day I had enough, because I need to go in the warehouse and get parts and supplies for my crews. I have a job to do and I don't like not speaking to people, especially at work. I called Chris and he actually answered. I asked him if he had a few minutes to talk, he asked me where I was, I was outside so he came outside to meet me. He told me he never said that to my boss, and he wants to be my friend. He said lets start over I'm Chris, nice to meet you (and stuck out his hand, for a handshake.) So we made up. He tried to joke around again, but I don't know... I feel different now. I don't want to joke around with him anymore and for some reason I just feel kind of angry with him.

In this business everyone makes friends and it's not stuffy or soooo professional. That's why I like it.

I guess I'm asking if I should be friends with him. And also, is he just a playful guy? Or was he flirty with me?
Or was he just being like that because I'm his bosses daughter and he was just ass-kissing?

I'm new to all of this work drama, and this relationship in particular confuses me.

Last edited by rachel_rt; 04-12-2015 at 09:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 09:05 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel_rt View Post
I am a 22 year old female, and I work for a construction company. It's a big construction company and has locations all over the US.

In our location, a city on the east coast, my dad is the Area Manager. Which means for this location he is the big boss. But of course, he has a boss who has a boss, who has a boss ect.... (Below him are the Superintendents and other various Managers)

I've been working for this company for about 2 years now.

Two years ago my Dad got me a little part-time job in the office helping the ladies out with filing and other miscellaneous tasks. I was in school at the time so the hours were nice and I was thankful to make a little money.

The Warehouse Manager, Chris, was 37 years old. He was a very polite and respectful guy. He called everyone Mr. and Ms. and he, he was a hard worker and was very good at his job. Chris was just an overall nice southern guy.

Sometimes when I was standing by the copier in the hallway waiting for copies, and Chris was walking past me, he would tickle my side or touch my side and just keep walking. Or he would give a little tug on my curly hair. I never really thought anything of it, and I was just soon forget about it.

I ended up getting a hair cut and straightening out my curls. Just because I wanted a change. Chris notices and says did you get a hair cut? So I said yes, he said why?? It was better before!

One day it snowed and my Dad was sick and he wasn't going into the office, so my Dad told me to text Chris as ask him for a ride into work, since he lives closest to us. He gave me Chris' phone number and I texted him. Chris said if it's okay with your Dad then sure I will give you a ride. I told him yes its okay, so he picked me up. He talked most of the ride and when we were getting close to the office, he drove past it. He said there is a water front park if you keep going straight past the office and he likes to sometimes drive by and look at the water. He told me it's a good lunch spot and I should have lunch there sometime, he would even go with me, and I said you're always so busy you don't have the time. He said I would make time for that. So we to the office and that was that.

I heard some office gossip that Chris was having martial issues and his wife is a little nuts. They had been together since they were 18.

Anyway, we were moving some office furniture around and I was standing in the door way, and I feel someone brush their fingers against the back of my neck. It was Chris making his way walking past me.

A few days later, Chris turns in his truck keys, his iphone, his company credit card - everything. He quit. I heard his wife wanted to move to Georgia or something. Anyway, about 8 months go by and he is calling my Dad asking if he can come back to work, my Dad said he has replaced him but he can come and work out in the field. They made plans for him to come back but Chris never showed up.

In the meantime a position in the company opened for a Construction Project Coordinator, I applied and the Superintended hired me. He trained and me and mentored me, and we have a great boss/employee relationship. I love my job!

So, Chris's Warehouse Manager replacement ended up leaving. I felt bad for Chris so I emailed him and let him know that his old position was available and he should call my Dad and talk to him. He did just that and he is now back with the company. His family is still in Georgia until he can find a house here.

Chris thanked me for helping him and told me he would like to be my friend, and said he feels lonely and it's going to be hard work getting the warehouse back into shape, ect...

We made lunch plans but he never showed up. I called him and he said he got busy, but he said I could come keep him company in the warehouse, and hangout. I called him and ******* and we ended up ignoring each other for a few weeks.

My boss wanted me to help move some stuff around the warehouse so he called Chris. Chris said he didn't want me to help, and that I would probably stare at him and make him uncomfortable, Chris said, yeah man.. I don't know what to do about this one... yeah....

I called him and asked him why would he say that to my boss? Chris denied ever saying it.

I heard him say it though. I was right next to my boss when he was on the phone with him.
My boss said I don't know what he's talking about, but you need to stay away from him.

So me and Chris continued not speaking. One day I had enough, because I need to go in the warehouse and get parts and supplies for my crews. I have a job to do and I don't like not speaking to people, especially at work. I called Chris and he actually answered. I asked is he had a few minutes to talk, he asked me where I was, I was outside so he came outside to meet me. He told me he never said that to my boss, and he wants to be my friend. He said lets start over I'm Chris, nice to meet you (and stuck out his hand, for a handshake.) So we made up. He tried to joke around again, but I don't know... I feel different now. I don't want to joke around with him anymore and for some reason I just feel kind of angry with him.

In this business everyone makes friends and it's not stuffy or soooo professional. That's why I like it.

I guess I'm asking if I should be friends with him, or just keep it 100% professional.
And also, is he just a playful guy? Or was he flirty with me?
Or was he just being like that because I'm his bosses daughter and he was just ass-kissing?

I'm new to all of this work drama, and this relationship in particular confuses me.
You need be professional and no one
hanging with guy

Old 04-12-2015, 09:07 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
If you have to ask, the answer is always 100% professional.
Do not mix your personal life with your business life, it distracts you from what you are being pad a salary to do, which is your job.
You do not get paid to get a friend, get a date or feed the gossip gurus.

Keep your focus on the job duties alone, nothing else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships