Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2015, 04:21 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR76 View Post
What about women who don’t instruct at all? Show no interest, is unwilling or unable to communicate her needs, and leaves the guy wondering if he does suck, or not, but has no way of knowing, because all she can ever say is “oh, it’s just fine” and when asked what she likes, gives a blank stare or an “I don’t know” as a response?

It’s one thing for a guy to be ignorant or selfish, it’s another when he WANTS to be good in bed, but his partner doesn’t care or doesn’t know herself what even gets her off, and shows no interest in finding out.
Oh definitely. I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 04:21 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,229,478 times
Yes. It's like if you had to choose between either frequent mediocre sex or infrequent mind-blowing sex... frequency wins out because the need for an orgasm is just that strong and persistent, and independent of external influences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Like I said before. Anybody in their right mind will prefer to have good sex over bad but that won’t determine if someone has a high sex drive or not. Yes, a meal fills the stomach even if its not tasty but that person will still prefer a good meal of course. When it comes to food, I have a small appetite. If the food is good, I will eat a small portion. If the food is bad, I will still eat a small portion. That’s just my appetite. It doesn’t depend on the chef, the weather, what color the walls are painted, and a long list of other things. You either have a big appetite or not. Same for sex. If woman want to point their finger at men and throw the responsibility at their man, so be it.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
That's true, but in my experience, most (not all) men want to be good in bed. Men aren't the best as a group at accepting criticism, but there's a way to tell him what you want and have good results (i.e, "I would love it if you'd XXXXX" rather than "you SUCK at this").
Good lord, why go back for a second helping of that? That's a terrible attitude.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:27 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Good lord, why go back for a second helping of that? That's a terrible attitude.
I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying you never gave a guy a second chance in bed, if he was otherwise great?

Old 04-17-2015, 04:31 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying you never gave a guy a second chance in bed, if he was otherwise great?
No, I mean the opposite. Someone who said, "You suck at this" is not someone worthy of your attention.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:40 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
No, I mean the opposite. Someone who said, "You suck at this" is not someone worthy of your attention.
OK, that makes sense, I totally missed the context.

I had a guy friend who had a girl say that to him in college once.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:41 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR76 View Post
What about women who don’t instruct at all? Show no interest, is unwilling or unable to communicate her needs, and leaves the guy wondering if he does suck, or not, but has no way of knowing, because all she can ever say is “oh, it’s just fine” and when asked what she likes, gives a blank stare or an “I don’t know” as a response?

It’s one thing for a guy to be ignorant or selfish, it’s another when he WANTS to be good in bed, but his partner doesn’t care or doesn’t know herself what even gets her off, and shows no interest in finding out.
Totally agree! It's very unfair to the guy if she doesn't communicate her needs.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
OK, that makes sense, I totally missed the context.

I had a guy friend who had a girl say that to him in college once.
That's rotten! Sorry I wasn't more clear.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:48 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Someone that has a big appetite for food won't depend on whether the food is good or bad, how the stars are aligned, or whatever. Sure that person with the big appetite will prefer a good meal but the big appetite won't change. He/She will want to eat a lot regardless. If a woman has a high sex drive she will want it. A typical male sex drive will do it with a woman even if she's not that great in bed (believe it or not, not all women are great in bed) but of course he will prefer one that does more than just lay there.

You either have a high sex drive (rare), an average women sex drive (which is typically lower than a man's drive generally speaking), or you just don't.
Something tells me onihC needs a birds-and-bees lecture, lol! Men get off no matter what, with rare exception. The sex doesn't have to be good. Many women don't get off without special attention, that's just a physiological fact, and it's something women have to live with, so they're naturally going to be careful about whom they choose to get involved with. They're going to try to avoid the guys they can't trust to give them what they need. It's a lot simpler for men.

C'mon, onihC, do you really want us to believe you don't know how much more complex a woman's "O" is, compared to a man's? Though for some women, it's true, they don't always need that "O", every single time. Still, there are good reasons why a man's drive and woman's are different. Not less (except on an individual basis), but different.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:20 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times
Quote:
How I wake him up shall be left to the imagination...

FWIW it's not something that happens all that often. But, occasionally...yeah...
Is it similar to a Monica Lewinsky special?.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships