Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 02:20 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

I think, most women enjoy having sex, but we're talking about high sex drives here; I believe there's a difference.

Btw: its women gossip; actions speak louder than words....show me the nookie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqDcTG5wBR0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 02:21 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

I think, most women enjoy having sex, but we're talking about high sex drives here; I believe there's a difference.

Btw: its women gossip; actions speak louder than words....show me the nookie!
Well, no; it's men's gossip, too. Men will say who was a disappointment, and who kept them happily busy. And the general consensus on this forum in the past has been that most men can't handle daily sex (let alone higher frequencies) long term. YMMV.

Old 04-13-2015, 02:43 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,601,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
True. And there is liking sex, wanting sex, etc. and what we're speaking of, which is a high sex drive. Those aren't the same. I don't think I have a high drive, but I love having sex. I have friends with high drives (and love sex) and it exhausts me thinking about their patterns. I could keep up for a few weeks, but nah.
Good points. Plus, the definition of "high drive" varies. For some, it's wanting sex daily. For others, a "high drive partner" is a partner who wants it even 10% more than they do.

Old 04-13-2015, 02:46 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,601,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
This pretty much describes me. It also depends on my environment. If I'm really stressed out, I'm not really thinking about it all that much. When I'm at peace with things, I'm thinking about it a lot more and desiring it more. On that note, I am always down for a good time when it's available. I just don't necessarily need or want to go looking for it.
That's how a majority of women, and a fair percentage of men even, seem to be wired.

However, that's usually the type of sexual view that can easily turn into "we haven't had sex more than 3 times in the last year" once you both work, have a few rugrats running around (I say that in love, my girls are amazing), and if both partners aren't willing to say "yes, our sex life is important and we have to work on it", that's when things get difficult. Having young kids, as awesome as they are, can put you in a constant mode of stress for years.

My wife and I had about a 2-year period where sex was pretty rare. We both worked, the kids never slept, etc. I wanted it more than her, but even my drive was diminished a lot during that time.

Old 04-13-2015, 04:00 PM

718 posts, read 615,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, no; it's men's gossip, too. Men will say who was a disappointment, and who kept them happily busy. And the general consensus on this forum in the past has been that most men can't handle daily sex (let alone higher frequencies) long term. YMMV.
Basically.

I don't know a single guy who can get it on multiple times a day. I believe men have something called a 'refractory period', which is absent in a lot of women. So biologically speaking, if anything, women have an advantage when it comes to higher libidos.

Also, I think sex drive has more to do with your health than anything else. I find that people who eat right, exercise and have a healthy lifestyle, tend to have a lot more sex. I don't think it's a gender thing, or even a social conditioning issue. It really comes down to your health.

Old 04-13-2015, 04:25 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
If both men/women had high sex drives I would imagine women approaching men as often as men approach women or putting some kind of effort or money to get sex. Not so long ago even women here agreed that for them to get sex they didn't have to put any kind of effort whatsoever. Supply and demand.

Old 04-13-2015, 04:43 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
Almost non existent. Keep dreaming.
Interestingly, gay guys in the closet, the type who insist on living a lie, believing they are straight, quite often marry women with high sex drives. Most of these guys, perhaps naively assume that an active sex life isn't high on most women's radar anyway, and think it won't matter. Strangely, it seems when women marry attractive men, men on the passive side, or who are in general submissive, also attract women with higher sex drives than average. Just an observation, from experience, from gay guys that were married to women before they fully accepted themselves as they are. They all seem to have that one thing in common, women who were interested in sex at least several times a week. A close friend of mine said he had a job where he could work third shift, and used that as an excuse to help avoid sex with his wife.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:51 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
I have a high sex drive. Always have. I usually can't find someone to keep up with it unless they are in their 20's..

Old 04-13-2015, 05:56 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I have a high sex drive. Always have. I usually can't find someone to keep up with it unless they are in their 20's..
Before I was married I had a few different partners tell me this. Every last one of them had a sex drive that was a fraction of my own, though I will give a few of them credit for being "standouts" among other partners.

Ultimately "high" is relative, though.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:58 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Woman have high sex drives.Men have you ever had a woman smell real good? Usually she is ovulating week before her period.We have natural Pheromones and some are stronger. Many ladies have flush faces or big open eyes, and tend to dress sexier.Some are ladies on the street and a freak in the sheets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships