Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 01:39 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,886,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dessertlover View Post
I'll probably bail after he pays to fix my car. Not saying I won't pay him back though.
You try to get pregnant but you want to leave him?

I think you need treatment. No kidding. I don't really care if you work or keep living off your abuser bf who has no college education but at least earns some $$$ while you don't ..... but please don't make any children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 01:57 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,681,691 times
Quote:
Also, he knew that I was a Christian when he met me and pretended to be one too so that he could date me. His family drinks wine at dinner regularly, which I'm not used to. I've just been adopting a lot of what I think of as bad habits since I met him, example would be drinking wine daily now.
None of what you said sounds good, to me it seems it's very unhealthy relationship and I would exit. Him lying and abuse in way of calling you names are red flags. Nobody should try to pretend to be something their not, and you shouldn't want that either. Also, I understand what you mean about adopting bad habits as I have had that experience and left quickly. Really think what's best for you, this guy doesn't seem like he's right for you..

Old 04-16-2015, 02:48 PM

48,436 posts, read 34,647,568 times
Quote:
Mikala, your husband told you that you could stay home amnd not work. So, what is wrong with me wanting that for myself? Why would you feel sympathy for my boyfriend because I want this courtesy from him and your husband has offered it to you??

I don't get it.
You can want whatever you want, but your guy doesn't want yhe same thing. His wants are as valid as yours.

I've had my career, I've been a productive member of society . I didn't vo looking for a man to support me, I owned my own house, have retirement built up etc.

I said he doesn't want me to work but I do because that's what I want.

There's a difference between being a mooch and being a part of a team.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-16-2015, 02:56 PM

283 posts, read 349,010 times
Quote:
I've been in a relationship with a guy for 7 months now. Met him online, he pursued me. When I read his profile, I didn't think that we were a good fit. I'm college educated, he's not. He has learning disabilities. Found out relatively soon that he has no teeth-all rotted out and he wears dentures. Found out 3 months in that he is a felon. Spent 6 years in prison for car theft. He says he is innocent and that the real thieves lied on him. However, he comes from a good family, nice people, says he has no other criminal record. He knew from the beginning that I am a straight arrow. Rarely drink, don't smoke pot, no criminal record, just a civil order of protection from a former landlord/roommate who lied to a judge to get me out of her house for being late on rent. He has started smoking pot now. Goes in his garage with a friend, not that often though. His brother smokes it twice daily. He drinks 3 beers a night, every night, unless I continually hound him. I don't like that as my family has had severe problems with alcoholism. I told him that I didn't want the pot smoking and the daily drinking. He doesn't make that much money. I want a man that can provide for me if I choose to not work. He has anger problems. He blows up and threatens to walk out of any room that we are in when he is angry. He is Italian and has a loud voice on general principle, but especially when we argue. In one argument, he called me a f*cking c*nt, but that was after I called him a b*tch. He lives at home with his mother-his brother does too though. However, he has been helping me out financially as I have been having trouble with my career and finding a job that I like. He does *everything* for me, cooks, clears my plate off the table at his mother's house. I eat dinner with his family every weekend and that has helped out a lot financially. He shells out money hand over fist when I need help and it has been a lot. Says he loves me so very much. The sex is pretty good. I'm tired of the angry outbursts, says he doesn't have a problem and he won't talk to anyone about it. Yesterday, we had an argument and he yelled out that he is tired of working to support me! I am on unemployment, but again, he has helped me so much financially. My car keeps breaking down and he is just tired of it. We have not talked since yesterday. I jumped out of the car as soon as he dropped me off and I'm not sure what he yelled after me. We are in our late 40s. What should I do?
hypocrite much?
his past is shady at best but you wanna sit on your ass and have things given to you then knock the guy who at least makes enough money to pay your bills and his.maybe he should drop the dead weight.

Old 04-16-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Well, I am sorry that I am coming across as a user. He has a sister whose husband takes care of her financially. She has a 8 year old and she is able to stay home. I don't even want to stay home permanently unless we have a child. I was hoping that we could move in together and he could support me until I got my real estate business off the ground or I went back into my old career.

But, to let you know how stubborn he has become. Saturday he wanted to spend the night with me so he could have sex. He informed me soon before coming over that he had gas really bad. I told him to guy some Gas-X. He said "No, and that antacids have been upsetting his stomach lately". Well, while we were in the store, I offered to buy it for him and asked if he would at least try another brand. He said "No". We went home to my place had sex, and he went to sleep and proceeded to fart loudly and often all night long. I was woken up several times by it.

And it is to the point now, where he is making angry outbursts at me in public. People are noticing and giving me sympathetic looks. One older man came over to me in and put his arm around my shoulder. He is also walking ahead of me in stores, becoming very impatient in stores, etc.

He has also been loud and disrespectful towards me in his mother's house. The door to his room is closed, sure, but they hear his yelling all through the house and his mother told him that she is tired of it.
he doesn't sound like a prize either. you're getting sympathy bc he acts like a dbag in public. however these people in public don't see that you're also using him.

and wow just read you're in your 40s. i would have guessed your were a year or two out of college from your post.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:33 PM

581 posts, read 662,423 times
For the men on here who think I am using him, more info:

A woman that he was with became pregnant right when they started dating and lied that the child was his. He raised her alone for 6 years of her life when the woman dumped her on his mother's door and said, "take care of her". That child is now 18 and has gotten in trouble with the law. When we first started dating he told me that even though the child wasn't biologically his, he loved her and thought of her as his own child. Well, since we've been together, that child hooked up with the wrong man and got in trouble with the law. He now goes around saying that he doesn't consider that girl his daughter anymore, he has disowned her and said to me, "F*ck her in her neck!".

Today is my birthday, he called me to confirm plans for this evening. I said some people said that you need to work on your anger issues. His voice was cool and calm, he said, "I don't have anger issues. And if it's your friend xxxx, tell that C*nt to go f*ck herself. Or whoever it is, they can go f*ck themselves".

Old 04-16-2015, 03:38 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,886,727 times
lol

Ever thought of starting your own reality show? Your life sounds interesting enough.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:42 PM

581 posts, read 662,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
lol

Ever thought of starting your own reality show? Your life sounds interesting enough.
It's not funny, Eve. I didn't particularly want to hear that kind of language on my birthday today. I posted that to show people how easily he can turn his back on a child he regarded as his daughter and who shares his last name.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:46 PM

48,436 posts, read 34,647,568 times
Quote:
It's not funny, Eve. I didn't particularly want to hear that kind of language on my birthday today. I posted that to show people how easily he can turn his back on a child he regarded as his daughter and who shares his last name.
And you're having unprotected sex trying to get pregnant.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-16-2015, 03:53 PM

Quote:
For the men on here who think I am using him, more info:

A woman that he was with became pregnant right when they started dating and lied that the child was his. He raised her alone for 6 years of her life when the woman dumped her on his mother's door and said, "take care of her". That child is now 18 and has gotten in trouble with the law. When we first started dating he told me that even though the child wasn't biologically his, he loved her and thought of her as his own child. Well, since we've been together, that child hooked up with the wrong man and got in trouble with the law. He now goes around saying that he doesn't consider that girl his daughter anymore, he has disowned her and said to me, "F*ck her in her neck!".

Today is my birthday, he called me to confirm plans for this evening. I said some people said that you need to work on your anger issues. His voice was cool and calm, he said, "I don't have anger issues. And if it's your friend xxxx, tell that C*nt to go f*ck herself. Or whoever it is, they can go f*ck themselves".
he obviously has anger issues.
not one thing you said about his daughter has anything to do with you using him. whether or not he ever talks to his daughter again is irrelevant as far as that's concerned.yet for no reason you start this post with "For the men on here who think I am using him, more info: "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships