Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2015, 04:01 PM

90 posts, read 89,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
That's the standard protocol, though. Have a plan for the first date. Except it's shifting due to the OLD medium. People play it more casual on OLD, since meeting for coffee to scope each other out and make sure the other person's real is the new standard deal. The OP got caught in the paradigm shift, it sounds like.
Well this wasn't a "first date," but a first meeting. Both are very different. A first meeting is usually quick to vet physical chemistry and should be informal, simple and on a even playing field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 04:04 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I got a plan: she can come over to my place, I'll cook, and after we eat, we can hit it all night.

Or....I could ask what she would like to do (since I have not yet mastered the elusive art of reading a woman's mind) so I can make a suggestion/s.

I feel for some of you folks who struggle with something as elementary as meeting up on a date ; less sophisticated animals on this earth have no problems courting. Lol.
Exactly.......jeezus.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:05 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQdotJ View Post
Well this wasn't a "first date," but a first meeting. Both are very different. A first meeting is usually quick to vet physical chemistry and should be informal, simple and on a even playing field.
This is what I'm talking about, exactly. So, he didn't see it as a date, just a meet, greet, and scope out. She took it as a date. Caught in the paradigm shift. Blame OLD.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:06 PM

609 posts, read 615,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
A lot of women seem to feel that dating is about the man making everything as easy as possible for the women..

Initiate so the women's feelings and ego isn't hurt..make all the decisions on where to go so she doesn't have that pressure..then if the man doesn't do all this they complain about it on a message board because it forces them to have to make an effort early on as well..

Talk about entitlement..
Excuse me...most of us (sane) women aren't like that.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:29 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
When guys decide where to go, what time to meet, what time to finish the date, what day of the week, what to eat, etc. They are controlling and should be avoided. If they nicely ask for input and suggestions then they are seen as weak and un-manly. Come on girls, make up your minds.
Oh puuleeeeez.

As if THIS chick in ANY way represents the majority of other girls.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:30 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Oh puuleeeeez.

Have to agree. What the OP is upset about, I wouldn't have given any thought to, and I am very neurotic and over think things. But I saw nothing wrong in what her guy did. I thought she overreacted a bit. But she has her personal taste, as all men and women do. She lost interest in that guy. But other women may not.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:32 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
That's the standard protocol, though. Have a plan for the first date. Except it's shifting due to the OLD medium. People play it more casual on OLD, since meeting for coffee to scope each other out and make sure the other person's real is the new standard deal. The OP got caught in the paradigm shift, it sounds like.
Oh baloney. This was a first MEETING, not a "date". Anyone that spends ANY time using OLD knows better. It's not "playing casual", it's simply meeting each other. No game. No mystery. Very very simple.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:34 PM

477 posts, read 314,648 times
Quote:
Oh puuleeeeez.

Funny thing is, most of the dissenting opinions in this thread are from us yet many of the guys insist that she speaks for all of us.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:48 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
She posted the conversation she had with him earlier in the thread:

Her issue is the conversation didn't go like this:

Him: Would you like to meet tonight at 7:00 for coffee at Little Coffee Shop at 123 Main Street?
Her: That would be fine but I don't drink coffee after 2 p.m.
Him: Oh, okay. How about we meet at 7:00 at Hoity Toity Wine Bar at the end of the jetty instead?
They could probably go have croc burgers & beers over at Dundee's Place.....

Old 04-17-2015, 04:52 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,390 times
Quote:
Oh baloney. This was a first MEETING, not a "date". Anyone that spends ANY time using OLD knows better. It's not "playing casual", it's simply meeting each other. No game. No mystery. Very very simple.
I didn't mean it was a game. All I was saying is that the protocol is different on OLD than in old-fashioned IRL dating. You have a point, though, that an experienced OLD dater should know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships