Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2015, 03:32 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
I am female here, you mean well but you are coming off very snobby.
I'm Australian, I'm not a snob.

My therapist would call it a "trigger"".

I also feel the same way about fat men.

He might be the nicest guy in the world, but he's NOT FOR ME.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiegal View Post
Does the OP even ever return to this thread? Has this thread wandered off to the realms of tit for tat?
It's a months old thread.

But carry on...

Old 06-25-2015, 03:49 PM

6,450 posts, read 9,810,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Good Lord.

I am still here.

I don't know what happened to the indecisive guy, nor care.

He can wishy wash around some other female.

I require a man to be a man not a big girls blouse who cant even take charge on the first date let alone the thirtieth.

It was DOOMED from the get go. I don't want to be the grownup in any relationship, taking care of someone else or making decisions for them.
Yay good for him ! Glad he isn't wasting time with someone who probably doesn't deserve him because of her own issues.

Old 06-25-2015, 03:51 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,183 times
Quote:
I'm Australian, I'm not a snob.

My therapist would call it a "trigger"".

I also feel the same way about fat men.

He might be the nicest guy in the world, but he's NOT FOR ME.
I am just saying the way that type your title and posts rub people the wrong way.

Old 06-25-2015, 03:58 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Good Lord.

I am still here.
O

I require a man to be a man not a big girls blouse who cant even take charge on the first date let alone the thirtieth.

It was DOOMED from the get go. I don't want to be the grownup in any relationship, taking care of someone else or making decisions for them.
Welp.

Old 06-25-2015, 04:13 PM

It wasn't a post for critique in the first place

It was meant to HELP guys who fail constantly in understanding women.

We want men to be...well, MEN not some nervous nelly who cant even suggest an appropriate venue despite saying he had a lot of old experience.

Where did he meet the rest of them? He never got ONE idea as to a nice, non threatening, non time specific venue?

No apparently he didn't.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:18 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,629,048 times
Dude probably has no idea what kind of bullet he dodged.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:09 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
It wasn't a post for critique in the first place

It was meant to HELP guys who fail constantly in understanding women.

We want men to be...well, MEN not some nervous nelly who cant even suggest an appropriate venue despite saying he had a lot of old experience.

Where did he meet the rest of them? He never got ONE idea as to a nice, non threatening, non time specific venue?

No apparently he didn't.
what you posted would work for you, but not for all women. just like men, women are individuals, and should be treated as such. you dont like guys that are willing to acquiesce to what a woman wants, thats fine, but if you like to be frustrated all your life because you cant find someone who fits neatly into your vision of what you want a relationship to be, more power to you.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:14 PM

783 posts, read 849,561 times
Quote:
I peeked back in at my OLD the other day and got a guy who lives in the same suburb.

He seemed very nice and ticked all the boxes and asked me if I would like to meet for coffee.

We live in a very hip part of town with loads of restaurants, pubs, etc. He's born here, I've just moved in.

As I find OLD quite nerve wracking and don't drink a lot of coffee, I said sure but not a coffee joint.

So he says - lets just meet at the jetty (its beachside) and decide from there.

This simple sentence was enough to turn me off entirely and here's why:

I want a man to have the powers of DECIDING where to meet, to take charge if you like. He knows this area better than me, yet he can't even suggest a suitable venue to take a new female?!

I realize it may not be logical or even fair but it is what it is....!

(PS before you guys go getting mad, I WILL probably still meet him...but this did make me hesitate and gave a poor first impression).
I know this thread started about 2 months ago so I'm pretty late to the party and haven't read anything up to this point. The modern woman is putting men into no win situations. For some women when a man takes charge and decides everything she gets pissed because he didn't ask or take her input. Then you have this case where it was a complete turn off that he implied that they both decide what they want to do.

Women want to be equal and there are other women that do not want to be equal.

In my relationships I drive the bus and I wear the pants, always. I'm not controlling by any means, she can either follow me or get off. I don't like being told what to do or to be given orders, one of the reasons why I have a business and not a job. I'm also NOT controlling myself because I hate power trippers.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:27 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Good Lord.

I am still here.

This says so much, it is dazzling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships