Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 07:54 PM

12 posts, read 9,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee18 View Post
It's not a benefit for her. It's a benefit for you only.
How so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 08:32 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,153,368 times
So not only do you choose not to be monogamous, you cannot comprehend the concept of monogamy at all?

Old 04-18-2015, 10:06 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,578,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvokiak View Post
Because that's what I do and it's part of our arrangement so why wouldn't she enjoy all the benefits that come with it?
Maybe for her it isn't a benefit.

Old 04-18-2015, 10:09 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
How so?
Dude, she's into you. The writing's on the wall.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post

Then, what is her sexual history like? Has she been the type of women to sleep around with lots of different men? If not, maybe she isn't interested. Maybe she is ok with the fact you are not monogamous, but she has no interested in just have plain sex with different / random men who don't care about her.

Not every is interested in just plain casual sex. Some only do it with someone they have known a good bit, and feel some emotional connect to already. But again, that's iif you know her history, and she hasn't been one to sleep around. Or maybe she grew and changed, and is no longer interested in casual sex with different people. You can't say "Well, I am doing it, so she is too." or "She should be." She's not you.
I don't know much of her sexual history, I believe she had the normal short lived relationships when she was young, then she married and then we met. Still, I believed she would take the opportunity to be with other men thanks to our open relationship. That is not the case it seems.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:47 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,642,628 times
She was abused and nearly killed by a man she once trusted. You left your wife and three kids to become a womanizer and take advantage of vulnerable women for sex as your own benefit and you call this friendship and treat them like this. And then she suffered through a stillborn child made woth you while you were still a womanizer. You call this an open relationship.

You expect her to be someone to be as clueless as you are and use men for sex, too. After all shes been through and you wonder why shes not throwing herself at men to be used up some more? She already communicated that its not something fun for her for obvious reasons so wtf you talking about. Clealy youre not that close or good of a friend to her as you make it seem or you would know that.

Youre wrong on so many levels.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:29 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,042 times
No

Just no

To you. To how your behaved during your marriage. To how you treat your female friend. And to your overall behavior.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:00 AM

1,156 posts, read 2,381,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
You expect her to be someone to be as clueless as you are and use men for sex, too. After all shes been through and you wonder why shes not throwing herself at men to be used up some more? She already communicated that its not something fun for her for obvious reasons so wtf you talking about. Clealy youre not that close or good of a friend to her as you make it seem or you would know that.
I don't know that many women who like to sleep around with random men. And given this woman's background and history, I would especially expect that she would take extreme care with her body and heart. I agree with the posters who noted that you don't seem to really know her at all.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
No

Just no

To you. To how your behaved during your marriage. To how you treat your female friend. And to your overall behavior.
I can understand if this kind of relationship doesn't work for everyone but it does for us. What's wrong with it?

Old 04-19-2015, 01:02 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
I can understand if this kind of relationship doesn't work for everyone but it does for us. What's wrong with it?
maybe the fact that she's not interested in having other guys in addition to you should tell you that it's working better for you than for her. She told you that you didn't know her very well if you thought she'd be ok with having other men on the side. Maybe you should think about what that means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships