Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 11:54 AM

116 posts, read 179,785 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone for commenting. My girlfriend is not an idiot, she was just telling me about him. She said I can do whatever I want, she is not flattered by him. I spoke to her about it, and she claims the reason why he acts that way with me is because he thinks I am "out of his league", he thinks I would never go for him. She said that he really likes me, but since I have a very outgoing personality, he thinks I am just the type that likes everyone, and is friendly in general. I am, but it doesn't mean I don't like him. My friend called him on three way, and she said "Hey! What did you do with Ashley's cousin last night? Are you into her?" He said "I don't even remember, I don't know. I was so wasted, do you know how shots I took?" She said "No, I don't, but you were wasted." He said "No, I am not interested in her cousin, I mean she's cool, but I wouldn't date her." I don't know if I should still talk to him? Or not? We hang out a lot with him, so apparently he's playing the "I was too drunk" card, and doesn't remember. But oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 11:58 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,717,577 times
If a guy has to play games in order to date me or can't be straight forward about his feelings....see ya.

Old 04-18-2015, 02:07 PM

22,570 posts, read 47,633,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarOpposite View Post
This is so weird to me. My girlfriend and I are best friends. She has a guy friend that I met. She keeps telling me that he really likes me, and she said "He has a crush on you." "He's crushing on you!" and thinks I am "hot", and she said that he said he wants to "date" me. He tells her these things privately to her, but when I hang out with him he acts like someone who is not interested. If it wasn't for my girlfriend telling me the things he says about me, I wouldn't think he is someone that is interested in me. He just is normal with me. He is very protective of me though, and says all the time that he will never let a guy take advantage of me, and he will mess any guy up that hurts me.

He comments, and likes all my photos, and even commented on my one picture and said I was "gorgeous", and he tags me in a lot of his posts. He converses with me on there, and he said I was "really pretty", and my girlfriend kept telling me how much he likes me and wants to go out with me, but I told her I was unsure of him. Me and my girlfriend, and my cousin, and him went out tonight. He was really drunk, but before we went out him, my girlfriend talked on the phone with, and he said to her "Ashley is so hot! Especially her red lipstick, her red lips, I'm having sex with her tonight." Lol, we just chalked it up to him being drunk. She told me all of this, I didn't actually hear this from him. Then we went to his house, and he was all over my cousin. He seemed really interested in my cousin. He even said they are gonna "date". So, it was hard for me to believe he actually liked me, and my girlfriend made her point that there would be no reason for her to lie, and that he really liked me, and wanted to date me, and that everything she told me was the truth.

I really like him, but that really turned me off. I was unsure about him, but now that just confuses me because if he is supposedly interested in me, then why is going after my cousin? Why does he act normal with me in person, but yet has a "crush" on me? Is it a tactic? Did he lose interest? What do you think? Thanks.
Sounds like your girlfriend is lying about his interest in you....

Old 04-18-2015, 02:16 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarOpposite View Post
Thanks everyone for commenting. My girlfriend is not an idiot, she was just telling me about him. She said I can do whatever I want, she is not flattered by him. I spoke to her about it, and she claims the reason why he acts that way with me is because he thinks I am "out of his league", he thinks I would never go for him. She said that he really likes me, but since I have a very outgoing personality, he thinks I am just the type that likes everyone, and is friendly in general. I am, but it doesn't mean I don't like him. My friend called him on three way, and she said "Hey! What did you do with Ashley's cousin last night? Are you into her?" He said "I don't even remember, I don't know. I was so wasted, do you know how shots I took?" She said "No, I don't, but you were wasted." He said "No, I am not interested in her cousin, I mean she's cool, but I wouldn't date her." I don't know if I should still talk to him? Or not? We hang out a lot with him, so apparently he's playing the "I was too drunk" card, and doesn't remember. But oh well.
He's an idiot. He needs to grow up and learn that there's no such thing as leagues. And the bit about him being all over your cousin is a real turnoff. And how cruel is that, for your cousin? She may think he's into her, but he's just toying with her?? What a jerk!

Old 04-18-2015, 02:31 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,861,884 times
He can't get it together to ask you out, and he's playing games? You're interested in this dude why?
This'll never work out. You're straightforward and real, he's not. He's playing Middle School games, and talking like he's in Middle School. "I'm gonna have sex with Ashley tonight! She's so hot!" He sounds like he's 12. You can do so much better than this. Do yourself a favor and move on.

Old 04-18-2015, 02:32 PM

356 posts, read 365,340 times
Stay away from this dude

Old 04-19-2015, 10:10 AM

116 posts, read 179,785 times
Yeah everyone's right. He is giving mixed signals. I asked him if he was interested in my cousin, and he said "I'm sorry Ashley, I'm not. I was really drunk, and wasted. I think your cousin is cool, but I am not interested in her like that. I get stupid drunk sometimes." He then said "You're like me, you are reserved with your feelings. I am like that too. I am too shy and too much of a wuss to actually approach girls, all the girlfriends I had approached me. I never approached girls first." So I thought that was a signal, then I got drunk later in the night, and I was saying how cute he was, and that I had a crush on him.

He just kissed me on the lips, but it was a peck, and he hugged me. He wasn't going for it, and I basically threw myself at him. I mean I didn't say I would have sex with him or anything, but I basically put myself out there, and let him know that I really liked him, and he didn't go for it. It's weird. His room-mate Hollie hates me! I bought her drinks, and shots, and I am really nice to her, but no matter what I do all she keeps doing is throwing digs at me, and brags about her and Craig all the time (Craig is the guy in the post, I'll just call him that to make things more clear) She constantly announces that they have sex, and how close they are. She loves my girlfriend who is best friends with Craig, and she purposely always compliments her in front of me, but never compliments me. I can feel her hatred towards me, when I never did anything to her, and my girlfriend said "It's because Craig talks about you and likes you." "She's jealous, and she knows that he just wants her as a sex buddy, he would never date Hollie. He would date you though, and she knows that."

So, it's all weird because if he constantly talks about dating me, and his room-mate hates me for no reason, then why wouldn't he go after me when I was basically telling him I am interested in him? I was letting him know he's not "out of my league". I know my girlfriend isn't lying because there would be no purpose of her doing that. She is not known for lying anyways. She is an honest person, and honestly she gets no benefit out of it, so there would be no point. It is all very weird, and confusing to me. Things aren't adding up though, and I don't know if it's him? Or my friend? But like I said there would be no point what so ever for my girlfriend to say that, or make that up, and I know she wouldn't do that, but it still doens't make any sense.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:38 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,114,872 times
Stop. Just stop. This whole situation is completely and totally lame and an utter waste of your time. The guy is an immature and drunken mess with a roommate who likely has a huge crush on him and who would, guaranteed, make your life hell if you started dating the guy. So my strong advice to you is that all of this situation is not worth your time to try to figure out why. Or when or where or whatever. You keep saying it's confusing and everyone here who has commented has said, it doesn't matter just move on because it's not worth the time to figure it out.

Are you actually reading people's replies or just posting random thoughts because it seems like you've ignored everything that people have said to you so far cause you keep rambling on about being confused and figuring this guy out.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:23 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,844,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
He can't get it together to ask you out, and he's playing games? You're interested in this dude why?
This'll never work out. You're straightforward and real, he's not. He's playing Middle School games, and talking like he's in Middle School. "I'm gonna have sex with Ashley tonight! She's so hot!" He sounds like he's 12. You can do so much better than this. Do yourself a favor and move on.
^This all the way.

I had a similar situation with a guy who was using hot/cold behavior on me and playing all sorts of mind games. I was affected by them at first, and then I pulled myself together and started playing the player In the end, his real feelings came out (that he really liked me all along), and now he is backed into a corner because he knows his games won't work on me anymore, so he has no choice but to be real...which he is too insecure to do. He now turns into jello around me. I won't lie and say it's not entertaining.

Do not invest in this guy and waste your time on someone who is too immature to be real with you. Withdraw your attention from him and make him grow up and work for it. And if he doesn't step up, consider that bullet dodged.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:39 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,144,059 times
What everyone else said. This is way too complicated to be worth your time. Yes, move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships