Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2016, 03:30 AM

1 posts, read 762 times

Advertisements

I been seeing this guy while going thru separation . He and I worked together for 3 months or so. He used to be in to me until we started sleeping together then he slowedly distancing and emailing and texting me every 3 or 4 days. Then he always finds reasons to not see me . I know he works nights and suppose to have to 2 jobs and sees his daughter every other day.
We had our biggest arguement about a month ago. I was over it. So I started healing. Then he calls me one night . He used the book.he had that I lent him which I have provided him an option in mailing , instead said he wanted to see me and talk . So we did and he said he really cares for me . On christmas day , I called to wish him a Merry Christmas and he said I love you babe and Merry Christmas. Then New Years Day I get a plain feeling. I HAVE told him to let me know if he wants me to leave him alone and if he is seeing others I will be more than happy for him. I just need him to be honest. HIS answer is that I over analyze things and that he has asked me to not do this. When all I am asking for is that should I or not continue ? .

Anyways , I know I am worth it. I KNOW i AM better deserving . He also gives me empty promises and says . Our relationship will improve as soon as he gets his own place since he lives with his parents right now and when I finally move out and live separately from the same location as my husband and soon to be ex.

Pls help..How can I slowly heal from this and let him go and move on. What should I do when he reels me in ? .
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 03:35 AM

4 posts, read 2,299 times
Does your husband love you? Stay with him and leave this guy. You can deal with him when both of you are in a better place to start over. Right now, you both seem to be too engrossed and occupied with your own separate lives for whatever reasons.

Old 01-04-2016, 03:36 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,010,140 times
I am sure there should be a reason you kick him to the category of EX and you want to reunite,,, honestly I would not do that. That is just make my self more miserable.

Old 01-04-2016, 07:55 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,947,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Why do you want anything to bloom with an ex?
He is your ex for a reason, right?

Does this date involve sex?
Sounds like you are convenient for him...
This^^^

Old 01-04-2016, 09:21 AM

971 posts, read 688,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeagain333 View Post
I reunited with an ex. Due to our schedules, I can only see him one day on the weekends (and of course some weekends I cannot). He works insane hours, 7 days a week. And is traveling for about a week, once a month.

However, I do not see how seeing each other once a month can possibly lead to anything in the future. 4 dates in 3 months...

He does text me about every 3 days, but it's usually just "hi", and a couple sentences.

Can this bloom into anything? In my mind, I think he knows he is married to his work, and this will never change. Any similar experiences?
No, you stand no chance.

Old 01-04-2016, 09:27 AM

98 posts, read 72,747 times
Quote:
I reunited with an ex. Due to our schedules, I can only see him one day on the weekends (and of course some weekends I cannot). He works insane hours, 7 days a week. And is traveling for about a week, once a month.

However, I do not see how seeing each other once a month can possibly lead to anything in the future. 4 dates in 3 months...

He does text me about every 3 days, but it's usually just "hi", and a couple sentences.

Can this bloom into anything? In my mind, I think he knows he is married to his work, and this will never change. Any similar experiences?
- Bingo. One date a month might not be enough to fall in love or sustain love in a relationship. I would shoot for at least one date a week. Keep in mind many people see each other everyday.

By the way, this is the underlying problem with long distance relationships - only one out of a thousands works.

Old 01-04-2016, 01:11 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2behonest View Post
I been seeing this guy while going thru separation . He and I worked together for 3 months or so. He used to be in to me until we started sleeping together then he slowedly distancing and emailing and texting me every 3 or 4 days. Then he always finds reasons to not see me . I know he works nights and suppose to have to 2 jobs and sees his daughter every other day.
We had our biggest arguement about a month ago. I was over it. So I started healing. Then he calls me one night . He used the book.he had that I lent him which I have provided him an option in mailing , instead said he wanted to see me and talk . So we did and he said he really cares for me . On christmas day , I called to wish him a Merry Christmas and he said I love you babe and Merry Christmas. Then New Years Day I get a plain feeling. I HAVE told him to let me know if he wants me to leave him alone and if he is seeing others I will be more than happy for him. I just need him to be honest. HIS answer is that I over analyze things and that he has asked me to not do this. When all I am asking for is that should I or not continue ? .

Anyways , I know I am worth it. I KNOW i AM better deserving . He also gives me empty promises and says . Our relationship will improve as soon as he gets his own place since he lives with his parents right now and when I finally move out and live separately from the same location as my husband and soon to be ex.

Pls help..How can I slowly heal from this and let him go and move on. What should I do when he reels me in ? .
Here are your steps:
1- Separate from your husband.
2- Live separately from your husband
3- Divorce your husband
4- Develop your own personal passions and interests.
5- Learn to be alone and happy with yourself by yourself.
6- Start dating AFTER you have done 1 through 5.

Old 01-04-2016, 11:15 PM

524 posts, read 521,486 times
Quote:

Can this bloom into anything?
No. Regardless of how many hours a man works he will always find a way to fit you into his schedule. He will call or text you daily to say hi or goodnight. I suspect he is seeing someone else and you are his backup in case that relationship falls through. Don't delude yourself. He is not that into you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships