Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2015, 02:49 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,485 times

Advertisements

Cardinals have the best record in baseball. First team to reach 20 wins. 12:45pm day game tomorrow and I will be there.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:38 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
Cardinals have the best record in baseball. First team to reach 20 wins. 12:45pm day game tomorrow and I will be there.

Mr. CSD is on his way to the area right now, he might delay the next part of his journey and meet you there...........LOL

Old 05-06-2015, 07:10 PM

Someone just used the words "tattoo" and "splotch" in the same sentence........

Old 05-06-2015, 07:16 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
My dirty mind saw "spl00ge" at first, and I'm like what's that got to do with tattoos?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Someone just used the words "tattoo" and "splotch" in the same sentence........

Old 05-06-2015, 08:38 PM

Seriously my tattoos do not look anywhere near splotches, my brown splotches from age do but not my tattoos........LOL

Actually,not really I do not have brown spots, splotches or patches but I do have several scars here and there.

Old 05-06-2015, 08:48 PM

This may be a really silly question however, I do not know much about being a vegetarian except for the vegetables we eat along with our chicken, steaks, hamburgers, etc.

So, is there an actual things as "Soy Chicken"? It does not sound real appealing to me and I thought there was either
"Soy" or "Chicken" but not both in the same item.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:09 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
Vegetarian food. My favorite subject, so glad you asked. Squee!! Soy chik'n is probably referring to something like Morningstar Grillers, et al. Basically it's a chicken-like patty, make from soy protein. They're kind of meh; they serve as a transition food for someone who is weaning off of meat. Non-threatening, but not that great, either. Quorn is similar, but is mycoprotein (mushroom family), rather than soy; similar to slightly overcooked chicken breast. Next, you've got seitan, which is simply wheat gluten (those who like it cheekily call ourselves seitan worshipers); slightly chewy, much tastier of you cook it homemade. Long story short... they're okay, if you're not looking for something that closely resembles chicken. I haven't had chicken in a couple of decades, nor do I eat much chik'n, so I'm a bit fuzzy on the details. Take home message: skip all of that shyt and crack open a can of Great Northern Beans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
This may be a really silly question however, I do not know much about being a vegetarian except for the vegetables we eat along with our chicken, steaks, hamburgers, etc.

So, is there an actual things as "Soy Chicken"? It does not sound real appealing to me and I thought there was either
"Soy" or "Chicken" but not both in the same item.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Vegetarian food. My favorite subject, so glad you asked. Squee!! Soy chik'n is probably referring to something like Morningstar Grillers, et al. Basically it's a chicken-like patty, make from soy protein. They're kind of meh; they serve as a transition food for someone who is weaning off of meat. Non-threatening, but not that great, either. Quorn is similar, but is mycoprotein (mushroom family), rather than soy; similar to slightly overcooked chicken breast. Next, you've got seitan, which is simply wheat gluten (those who like it cheekily call ourselves seitan worshipers); slightly chewy, much tastier of you cook it homemade. Long story short... they're okay, if you're not looking for something that closely resembles chicken. I haven't had chicken in a couple of decades, nor do I eat much chik'n, so I'm a bit fuzzy on the details. Take home message: skip all of that shyt and crack open a can of Great Northern Beans.
The great northern beans I can do with no issue however, those cooked in this home will be in the slow cooker over a very long time with hamhocks or ham chunks involved.....LOL

We are not vegetarian and more than likely will never be vegetarian.
Nothing against anyone who is but unless I know and plan for it anyone who eats in this home
is going to be served some sort of meat along with everything else.

The rule is though, just because it is on the table does not mean you have to eat it and if you do great, if you don't great. I will not be offended either way.

The whole thing with the mushroom thingy you mentioned is that I hate mushrooms and anything that is remotely close to mushrooms and I am actually allergic to penicillian which is technically a form of mold which is technically a fungus which mushrooms are a fungus.
Not sure I would be seeking that product out at all.

When my oldest child was 15 he decided to be vegetarian and when he first started he actually got really ill because of his decision.

He had the mistaken belief that being vegetarian was eating yogurt, peanut butter sandwiches and fries at McDonalds and nothing else. Thankfully he did some research and talked to others who helped him through his transition. (he is no longer vegetarian though)

Old 05-06-2015, 09:26 PM

I wanted to add as well but not in the above response.

Some humans just tick me off they are so stupid about some things that are actually normal to others.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:30 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
I like vegetables. I can't go vegetarian. I like meat.

Deadeye Dick sang about the new age girls. She don't eat meat but she sure like th bone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships