Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2015, 04:46 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times

Advertisements

This extensively, yes. I've been so caught up with keeping track of kid-related health visits that I keep back-burning my own stuff and kept chalking it up to exhaustion from school, but ignoring isn't helping. It's just so weird to not be in control of my own brain. There have been a couple of times where I came on here in the morning and see a bunch of posts I have absolutely no recollection of posting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Is this the first time you've been checked out for any of this?

Old 05-26-2015, 04:55 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, I've been dealing with this for a while, have had several studies..... it's a pain in the butt and is pretty much ruining my life... LOL... I'm pretty much at the point that if someone offered me a million bucks or to be completely free of sleep issues, I'd blow off the money in a New York minute for good trouble free sleep.

Lately I've been so completely stressed out at work that I'm only sleeping 4 hrs a night... which doesn't help matter out at all...

I've been a hot mess for about the last month or so.... I'm about to go all Michael Douglas like in that movie from back in the day, "Falling down".....LOL
I know how you feel man. In those last few months of my grandma's life, when **** got real bad and she couldn't even swallow food anymore, and I was keeping her alive on ensure, my anxiety was just through the roof, and I would literally wake up from a dead sleep gasping for air. A dozen times a night. It was god awful.

Thankfully it has pretty much gone away since things have calmed down. Maybe if you escape the rat race things will vastly improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
It's funny, because that's how I ended up on CD. The Mr. got a job offer in Missouri, so I joined to ask the locals some questions. Ironically, the job was located right near where the documentary Jesus Camp was filmed, so I had a pretty good feeling that we would not fit in very well.
There is big city Missouri, and then there is country Missouri, and these are two vastly different places.

The majority of my family lives in the woods 2 hours from St. Louis, and I pretty much only go down there for funerals if that tells you anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Nothing worse than an officer funeral. 12 years of dispatching and now in the field, I always take those things personally. I always have that fear before each shift, will something bad happen or not.
Hang in there SD

Old 05-26-2015, 05:06 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
I'll be fine. I maintain my vigilance.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:10 PM

Yep, it was very rural Missouri. Very nice people, got a kick out of my husband (he's one of those loud, but big-hearted New Yorkers), were endlessly amused by teaching how to fire a rifle. If it were close to St. Louis we would have made the move, but that particular area was just not somewhere we could acclimate to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
There is big city Missouri, and then there is country Missouri, and these are two vastly different places.

The majority of my family lives in the woods 2 hours from St. Louis, and I pretty much only go down there for funerals if that tells you anything.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:11 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
My GP tossed out a few non-scary sounding possibilities like migraines, allergies, or petit mal seizures... but of course I'm a "calmly prepare for the worst" type, so my thought process instantly jumps to tumors, spongiform encephalopathy, or some neurodegenerative disease. We'll know more after they have a look-see with some imaging, which if nothing else will be neat to see what my brain looks like. I'm up for any test that doesn't involve rectal probing.

The Colon has many twists & turns like a supremo rollie coaster ride.......

Old 05-26-2015, 05:12 PM

Ew!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
[/b]

The Colon has many twists & turns like a supremo rollie coaster ride.......

Old 05-26-2015, 05:12 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

"City Data," lol. Is that how they started, and then expanded, does anyone know?
I have no idea, but some things really upset me about this place. Like for example, they refuse to let you delete your account. Also the city forums are all moderated by a seemingly different set of rules. For example, zero discussion of crime is allowed in the Chicago forums. Those threads are deleted with no explanation apparently. But on the St. Louis board they will let people troll crime stats all day long. That makes very little sense to me, but I don't own the place.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:17 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, I've been dealing with this for a while, have had several studies..... it's a pain in the butt and is pretty much ruining my life... LOL... I'm pretty much at the point that if someone offered me a million bucks or to be completely free of sleep issues, I'd blow off the money in a New York minute for good trouble free sleep.

Lately I've been so completely stressed out at work that I'm only sleeping 4 hrs a night... which doesn't help matter out at all...

I've been a hot mess for about the last month or so.... I'm about to go all Michael Douglas like in that movie from back in the day, "Falling down".....LOL
Have you ever had your thyroid checked?

Old 05-26-2015, 05:18 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Is "Pupliteer" an actual word? If not it should be because I just used it in a post.
Oh well, if not, my mistake.

We stopped at the market today and amazingly enough I only spent $50.16. I spent 3 times that plus a wee bit on dog food, cat litter and medication.

Did you know Evian water has a 7.2ph?

Old 05-26-2015, 05:25 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
I have no idea, but some things really upset me about this place. Like for example, they refuse to let you delete your account. Also the city forums are all moderated by a seemingly different set of rules. For example, zero discussion of crime is allowed in the Chicago forums. Those threads are deleted with no explanation apparently. But on the St. Louis board they will let people troll crime stats all day long. That makes very little sense to me, but I don't own the place.

Bio you should see about working for the company that owns City Data, they are headquartered in or around Chicago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships