Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2015, 07:45 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times

Advertisements

Mr. CSD is still in bed and on the porch where my desk and computer are we have 3 chairs and in said 3 chairs we have Walter in the antique gold recliner, Cailleach is in the antique orange rocker and Suze Quze is in the antique wicker chair that has a nice plush cushion on it. It is currently nap time and as usual I am the only one in our home who is awake.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:57 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
A week into summer vacay and I'm already chomping at the bit to go back to work and school.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:44 AM

I just took a small turkey breast out of the freezer to thaw, it says on the cover to thaw in the fridge for 2 days.

I was thinking maybe I would just put it on low in the slow cooker frozen.

So I am asking for opinions about this, do you think this would be a good idea or should I just let it thaw for 2 days like the package says?

Old 07-02-2015, 08:52 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
What about thawing it for 1 day submerged in water? With the slow cooker, I'd be worried about cracking the liner due to the extreme temperature difference, but I'd give it a whirl if it were partially thawed.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
What about thawing it for 1 day submerged in water? With the slow cooker, I'd be worried about cracking the liner due to the extreme temperature difference, but I'd give it a whirl if it were partially thawed.

Anytime I do a roast I always put it in frozen but I start it at about the 1.5 mark for temperature for a few hours then I will turn it up.

I have this: Amazon.com: West Bend 84905 5-Quart Oblong-Shaped Slow Cooker: Kitchen & Dining

Actually I have two of these slow cookers, I do have one crock pot but do not use it often. It belonged to Mr. CSD's Mother and is about 50 years old. It still works just fine and I won't get rid of it because it belonged to Mr. CSD's Mother.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:51 AM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,485 times
I thought it was a little weird how that bat let me walk right up to him to take a picture, and then I found him out there dead today. It was a bummer. He must have been sick.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:01 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
I'm looking forward to the day I can pawn laundry duty off on the kids, or as I like to call them: The Help.
Tried that. OMG they make such a mess of it. My husband has taken over laundry duty for the house (not my clothes though). He does it good enough. lol

Quote:
A week into summer vacay and I'm already chomping at the bit to go back to work and school.
Really? Not me! I had a dream that my summer vacay was only 4 weeks long and I woke up in a panic. I've not had much down time since school ended so I'm enjoying the time I do have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I just took a small turkey breast out of the freezer to thaw, it says on the cover to thaw in the fridge for 2 days.

I was thinking maybe I would just put it on low in the slow cooker frozen.

So I am asking for opinions about this, do you think this would be a good idea or should I just let it thaw for 2 days like the package says?
I put completely frozen pork tenderloin in the crock pot and it comes out fine...but it's for pulled pork so it doesn't matter what it looks like at the end of the cooking process. How are you wanting to serve the turkey?

I'm making burrito bowls tonight. Easy peasy.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:07 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
I thought it was a little weird how that bat let me walk right up to him to take a picture, and then I found him out there dead today. It was a bummer. He must have been sick.
That sucks. They are excellent bug killers. I heard some chirping away the other night when sitting out on the porch.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Tried that. OMG they make such a mess of it. My husband has taken over laundry duty for the house (not my clothes though). He does it good enough. lol

Really? Not me! I had a dream that my summer vacay was only 4 weeks long and I woke up in a panic. I've not had much down time since school ended so I'm enjoying the time I do have.

I put completely frozen pork tenderloin in the crock pot and it comes out fine...but it's for pulled pork so it doesn't matter what it looks like at the end of the cooking process. How are you wanting to serve the turkey?

I'm making burrito bowls tonight. Easy peasy.

On a plate......

When it comes to roasts and such we are not looking for pretty we are looking for delicious and some of it will end up as a sandwich as well.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:20 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
On a plate......

When it comes to roasts and such we are not looking for pretty we are looking for delicious and some of it will end up as a sandwich as well.
LOL...I was thinking if you didn't need it to slice or look pretty, the crock pot might work, even better if you planned to cube or shred it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships