Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2015, 08:08 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Dos Equis is good Mexican beer, so is Negra Modelo...... like them both.

I'm not a big beer guy, as I get older I can't hang with it, it's just too filling, plus I'm in the head every 5 minutes, it just goes right through ya...

Wine and hooch is how I roll, when I imbibe of course....
I still can't find Negra Modelo. I haven't looked for it in a while, but I was chugging pumpkin beer and other fall style booze, so I haven't really looked for it in a few months.

I only drink alcohol. I do not use any other substance.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:09 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
How about Stella Artois/fosters/carlsberg/kronenberg can you get them in the USA or Canada???
I hope no one drinks fosters!!
Can get all those here. Funnily, fosters would be the least popular. Lol

Old 10-17-2015, 08:10 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,426,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I like to be adventurous and use Dos Equis. You know, try to be multicultural and all.

Technically you wasn't lying. Although, saying that you dad killed a bear and ate it would have been pretty manly.
lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetelle View Post
I'm no expert in the Canadian language, but I believe the plural of moose is meese.
LOL! I've been wanting to say something like that for two days.

Quote:
I'm terrified of cats ( except my mums one ) f knows what i would do if I saw a bear

He's very manly ms m
I was up at a cottage a few years ago, 3 sheets to the wind takin' a leak at the dirt road at about 3 am or so.

And then, across the road and down maybe 30 feet or so (9 meters), this bear walks out of the trees. I tell ya, my steam stopped dead in it's tracks. I start to back up real slow, and I step on some gravel *crunch*

...........it stops, and stares right at me. I wasn't far at all from the cottage, so I took about 5 more steps and (stupidly) ran my ass inside. lol

491 posts, read 402,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Dos Equis is good Mexican beer, so is Negra Modelo...... like them both.

I'm not a big beer guy, as I get older I can't hang with it, it's just too filling, plus I'm in the head every 5 minutes, it just goes right through ya...

Wine and hooch is how I roll, when I imbibe of course....
I'm with ya, too filling

Do you guys have any good microbreweries up that way, Chow? SD County has several, but I can't say I frequent them... Have had a taste here and there. Any more than that and I'm too full to eat.

Everything changed when I hit 40.

Course I'm not complaining. The way I lived in my teens and twenties it's a wonder I made it this far. But now I live convent-style, paying for those days I think, lol.

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
Meeses! I hates meeses to pieces!

Want to be an expert in the Canadian language? Flap jacks, beer, trees, axe, hair, chest, moose, poutine. Now you are an expert in the Canadian language. Every other word is used everywhere else from around the world. Except for "eh". I think they adapted that word from an ancient alien civilization. Eskimos.

You're terrified of kitties? How can you be terrified of kitties?
Not sure infact but something about them are menacing, but having said that I live and grew up in central London if I see a wasp or a spider I run a mile

God knows what I would do in North America LOL

Old 10-17-2015, 08:11 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
How about Stella Artois/fosters/carlsberg/kronenberg can you get them in the USA or Canada???
I haven't had Kroneneberg, never heard of that one...... there is a large chain here in the states called "Bevmo" and you can get pretty much anything there, and from what I understand they can special order stuff that might not be available state side, from what I understand.

I like Fosters.... it might offend, but it reminds me of a beefier version of Budweiser...... American beers aren't really known worldwide as being all that great.

We do have a lot of smaller microbrewers that have been sproutin up that are piquing interest to a lot of people.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:13 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetelle View Post
I'm with ya, too filling

Do you guys have any good microbreweries up that way, Chow? SD County has several, but I can't say I frequent them... Have had a taste here and there. Any more than that and I'm too full to eat.

Everything changed when I hit 40.

Course I'm not complaining. The way I lived in my teens and twenties it's a wonder I made it this far. But now I live convent-style, paying for those days I think, lol.
Stone brewery is located in Escondido is the first small one that comes to mind... but that's down your way, I can't think of anything here in the LA area.....

11,222 posts, read 16,426,535 times
Quote:
Yep. We get all those.

Quote:
Meeses! I hates meeses to pieces!

Want to be an expert in the Canadian language? Flap jacks, beer, trees, axe, hair, chest, moose, poutine. Now you are an expert in the Canadian language. Every other word is used everywhere else from around the world. Except for "eh". I think they adapted that word from an ancient alien civilization. Eskimos.
That's about it.And "hoser", and "hockey" lol

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
I hope no one drinks fosters!!
Can get all those here. Funnily, fosters would be the least popular. Lol
And fosters is the most popular in the uk lol, that's my bevy of choice if not carling or carlsberg

Old 10-17-2015, 08:14 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Not sure infact but something about them are menacing, but having said that I live and grew up in central London if I see a wasp or a spider I run a mile

God knows what I would do in North America LOL
I'm just gonna say this: For how "manly" I am with my job that I work and all that jazz, if I see a big ass bug if any sort, you'll see this manly man scream like a girly girl. Especially if it's something that has a stinger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships