Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2015, 04:22 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Fun fact: I now have a new, strange deal breaker.

No obsessing over a dead celebrity. Especially Paul Walker.
That aliyahh was nice LOL

In bed already at 23:22 ......... Getting old

Old 11-02-2015, 06:53 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
And there I go. Started in on another project this afternoon. A couple of shelves on the other side of the fireplace. The plan is to hold the surround sound system, blu-ray and such. It will balance out the bookcase on the other side.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:01 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
And there I go. Started in on another project this afternoon. A couple of shelves on the other side of the fireplace. The plan is to hold the surround sound system, blu-ray and such. It will balance out the bookcase on the other side.
Oh, the things I could say!! I'll try to be good, though. LMAO

Waiting to see before-and-after pictures of all this work you do.

Old 11-03-2015, 10:37 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Today, 11/3 is finally the first time I've actually felt a little chilly, I mean, WTF happened to summer this yr, it was two months late LOL, it was actually nice and comfortable during July and August which is typically our hottest months.... LOL

I knew when the weather would change it would be like a toggle switch... LOL, it certainly was, I actually tested out the heating to make sure it was working for when in another week or two when it really gets cold...

Or at least "cold" for us...

Old 11-03-2015, 10:43 PM

Sounds like we might have our first snow next week. And it is another out of town overnight trip.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Sounds like we might have our first snow next week. And it is another out of town overnight trip.
Oh I love the snow even working in it LOL

Shame we only get a bit once every 2 years

Old 11-04-2015, 10:50 AM

Hell, now they are talking tonight maybe an inch. Montana was snowed on yesterday.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:31 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,782 times
I am a fan of the snow as well. I really missed it when I had a huge lapse in judgement and moved to VA for a few years.

I have a little vent: WHAT is up with people? I had an appt with a plumber to unclog my basement drain. Told him that I would meet him on my lunch hour. Told me that it would only take about 15 minutes. Took the hour to do that and he nev-er showed!! Then I was late getting back to work because I waited for him. Called another guy who hasn't called me back. I just might do the Independent-Woman-Thing, buy a snake and do it myself. I'm just smart enough to figure it out AND be dangerous at the same time.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I am a fan of the snow as well. I really missed it when I had a huge lapse in judgement and moved to VA for a few years.

I have a little vent: WHAT is up with people? I had an appt with a plumber to unclog my basement drain. Told him that I would meet him on my lunch hour. Told me that it would only take about 15 minutes. Took the hour to do that and he nev-er showed!! Then I was late getting back to work because I waited for him. Called another guy who hasn't called me back. I just might do the Independent-Woman-Thing, buy a snake and do it myself. I'm just smart enough to figure it out AND be dangerous at the same time.
Well let's hope the Plumber doesn't turn up then!!!! ( for his ow safety LOL)

No I've done the same only about 2 months ago I took a whole day off work so the electrician could do work and he never showed!!!! I went MENTAL at him over the phone as I lost a whole days wages!

He came the same night out of hours after my rant

That's one of the few times that justifies losing my temper and it worked!!!

Old 11-04-2015, 12:25 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I'm sitting here trying to get my resume together and start the process of trying to get a job... LOL, sort of a new thing for me.. way back when I was a kid, a family friend got me my first "real" job. I worked there 15 yrs and was going to school way back then too.

I got my second "real" job because of contacts I had at my first job, just called up guys I knew and basically got in thru the back door so to speak.

Never had to deal with the whole searching for a job thing.

Gotta say... its friggin sucks.

I'm getting my resume together, gonna go shopping soon and buy some "interview" clothes, as I don't have any of that **** any more, my job luckily I was able to just wear jeans and Polo shirts.

I called a company today that I'm interested in and spoke with the receptionist and ask "Hello, I'd like to speak with someone who is involved in HR or the hiring process."

She comes back with some snarky shyt grilling about what for etc etc , I told her, then she says something about going to their website, and I did go there and it didn't appear to accept resume's properly.

She then blurts out something about faxing it... I felt like saying who the F faxes **** anymore, it's all done through emails.

The fax machine in our office wasn't hardly used, at least that I saw anyways....

Good grief, is this how it's gonna be???

Not looking forward to this shyt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships