Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2015, 06:04 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times

Advertisements

Oooo! That sounds really good, actually.

I made a real basic meat n potatoes stew the other day. mmmm

Old 11-14-2015, 06:07 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
I'm a huge fan of "one pot" dishes, soups, stews, casseroles, chili all of those comfort type foods, it's great now that the weather is cooling off, can do all of those up now.

Old 11-14-2015, 06:13 PM

My buddy makes this mulligan stew........and I don't know why, but I just get the itis after eating this stuff. And I can't drive for a while afterwards, or the itis causes road rage. lol

Old 11-14-2015, 06:15 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm a huge fan of "one pot" dishes, soups, stews, casseroles, chili all of those comfort type foods, it's great now that the weather is cooling off, can do all of those up now.
I like those dishes sometimes. Like, if I'm making chili it HAS to have some heat in it. It doesn't have to be 5 alarm, but I want a kick when I eat it.

You know what's really good? Roast. With how you can make Roasts, it's kind of like stew, except there's a 5lb log of meat in the middle.

Also, i'm starting to get requests for my meatloaf from my friends. They're like Tyrone Biggums from Chappelle Show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UrDvruoubA

Old 11-14-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
My buddy makes this mulligan stew........and I don't know why, but I just get the itis after eating this stuff. And I can't drive for a while afterwards, or the itis causes road rage. lol
Never heard of "mulligan stew" did a search and it appears to be any shyt you have on hand thrown into a pot and served up...... LOL...

I did read one recipe that lists hamburger, carrots, potatoes, onions, and a can of tomato soup all thrown together in a pot.

Sounds good to me...

Old 11-14-2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I like those dishes sometimes. Like, if I'm making chili it HAS to have some heat in it. It doesn't have to be 5 alarm, but I want a kick when I eat it.

You know what's really good? Roast. With how you can make Roasts, it's kind of like stew, except there's a 5lb log of meat in the middle.

Also, i'm starting to get requests for my meatloaf from my friends. They're like Tyrone Biggums from Chappelle Show.

I'm all over meatloaf like MJ at a Chuck E Cheese.....

Old 11-14-2015, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post

Quote:
Never heard of "mulligan stew" did a search and it appears to be any shyt you have on hand thrown into a pot and served up...... LOL...

I did read one recipe that lists hamburger, carrots, potatoes, onions, and a can of tomato soup all thrown together in a pot.

Sounds good to me...

Basically. It some form of it from his Grandma. I think he uses stewing beef instead of hamburger though....and no tomato sauce?? He also gives you a side bowl of onions soaking in vinegar that you put in it? Jesus...why am I forgetting the details?!?!? It all just turns into a blur, I suppose, what with the itis n all. lol

Old 11-14-2015, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post

Basically. It some form of it from his Grandma. I think he uses stewing beef instead of hamburger though....and no tomato sauce?? He also gives you a side bowl of onions soaking in vinegar that you put in it? Jesus...why am I forgetting the details?!?!? It all just turns into a blur, I suppose, what with the itis n all. lol
I think that once you get over 65, you must be forced to work in my kitchen working on prepping fab dishes for the Chows.

Old Italian and Mexican ladies especially appreciated.

Reminds me of the time we had dinner at Mrs. Chow's dad's house, his gf was a little Mexican lady and she would whip up some good stuff.

I ate so much food one time that I think I did some real internal damage, far more than any time I can remember at any thanksgiving dinner.

I got up and took a light walk and I was so miserable I couldn't believe it... it actually wasn't really a walk, more like 15 drink stagger.....

Old 11-14-2015, 07:24 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,771,359 times
Quote:
I think that once you get over 65, you must be forced to work in my kitchen working on prepping fab dishes for the Chows.

Old Italian and Mexican ladies especially appreciated.

Reminds me of the time we had dinner at Mrs. Chow's dad's house, his gf was a little Mexican lady and she would whip up some good stuff.

I ate so much food one time that I think I did some real internal damage, far more than any time I can remember at any thanksgiving dinner.

I got up and took a light walk and I was so miserable I couldn't believe it... it actually wasn't really a walk, more like 15 drink stagger.....
Yum. I'm on deck for thanksgiving this year. So far there are about 8 people coming over. Wanting to do something for those who have no families to go to. Wanting to do something nice those who may not have anything else.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:31 PM

Oh man........now I'm thinkin about this little Polish Restaurant I went to in Detroit. Little old lady making home made dishes.
I had a plate of perogie, polish sausage w/ sauerkraut, potato pancakes, mashed potatoes, and a big ass cabbage roll.

Best Polish food, in America, bar-NONE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships