Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2015, 12:37 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,521,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Yes, some do. I like low-fat half and half and sugar in my coffee. That and wine...two things I will never give up for weight loss....lol

LOL I NEED white with 2 sugars for coffee, but naturally a nice cup of tea will suffice

I can easily do a low-carb diet, but that doesn't seem to help with the weight loss for me. Just plain ol' counting calories helps for the most part. However lately I have no clue what my caloric needs are and I'm impatient to figure it out.
I'm useless with food ie fibre, carbohydrates etc, I should learn as I'm finally starting to work out ( properly) in 2 weeks

Old 11-22-2015, 12:38 PM

1,273 posts, read 990,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Do Americans REALLY have coffee black?

I've had 2 sips of it and 😱😱😱
That's the only way I ever had it. Maybe a bit of sugar in an espresso. But black is preferable.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:41 PM

52,214 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Quote:
Yes, some do. I like low-fat half and half and sugar in my coffee. That and wine...two things I will never give up for weight loss....lol

I can easily do a low-carb diet, but that doesn't seem to help with the weight loss for me. Just plain ol' counting calories helps for the most part. However lately I have no clue what my caloric needs are and I'm impatient to figure it out.

Yep... at the end of the day it's still calories, I read the Atkins book a few yrs ago and while he touts the low carb lifestyle, he's pretty adamant about mentioning that the total caloric load per day still applies, just cause you can eat bacon, doesn't mean you can go hog wild.... No pun intended.....

Old 11-22-2015, 12:43 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,065,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
And just in time for the holidays.
Yup! Going to worry about it again after they pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm 5'9" and according to the BMI charts I should be about 165 at the higher end... If was 165 I'd look liked an some kind of Jewish detention camp prisoner.

I look back at pics of me when I was around 175 and I looked anorexic.

At this stage of my life, I'd be happy at around 185 or 190, depending. I pretty much would just want my large shirts to feel loose and my 36" waist pants to be a bit baggy on me.... I think those are realistic goals, shooting for 165 doesn't even seem like a goal worth mentioning... LOL...
My husband is 5'9" (although if you ask him, he's 5'10...lol) and he weighs right around 175. He's always had a thick build and has well-defined muscles and looks good, though another 10lbs of muscle wouldn't hurt him. At 165 he looks awful. I can't imagine what he'd look like at the low end of the chart.

I am at the upper end of the chart too for females...sometimes I look like a big sloppy fat-ass and sometimes I think I look good. It all depends on the day I guess.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
I'm 5'9" and according to the BMI charts I should be about 165 at the higher end... If was 165 I'd look liked an some kind of Jewish detention camp prisoner.

I look back at pics of me when I was around 175 and I looked anorexic.

At this stage of my life, I'd be happy at around 185 or 190, depending. I pretty much would just want my large shirts to feel loose and my 36" waist pants to be a bit baggy on me.... I think those are realistic goals, shooting for 165 doesn't even seem like a goal worth mentioning... LOL...
Oohhhhh well mate......

We're the same height, I'm a 34 waist ( if I lift belly over I have a pair of 32s that fit lol )

Yes I've aimed for 180 ish but the good news is I'm quite built/stocky so I've targeted start of Feb to hit my goal.

Maybe you and me should join a " fat club " together LOL with sea as our cheerleader or moral support..... " oi come on fatty move it!!! "

Old 11-22-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
That's the only way I ever had it. Maybe a bit of sugar in an espresso. But black is preferable.
Ouch I can't even have tea without milk LOL

Old 11-22-2015, 12:48 PM

1,273 posts, read 990,923 times
Quote:
Ouch I can't even have tea without milk LOL
So English

Old 11-22-2015, 12:49 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,065,599 times
Quote:
I'm useless with food ie fibre, carbohydrates etc, I should learn as I'm finally starting to work out ( properly) in 2 weeks
Did you join a gym? I joined one back in April...before that I was just running, but I am not one that LOVES cardio. I do LOVE weights though...I look forward to it in the mornings, love when I beat my personal best and I like the changes it's made to my body.

Quote:
Yep... at the end of the day it's still calories, I read the Atkins book a few yrs ago and while he touts the low carb lifestyle, he's pretty adamant about mentioning that the total caloric load per day still applies, just cause you can eat bacon, doesn't mean you can go hog wild.... No pun intended.....
Yup....some nights I'll pour a 2nd glass of wine and resign myself to the fact that it's a liquid dinner night...lol. Can't eat the calories when I've already consumed far too many from the bottle (this isn't often mind you, but some nights, well...it just hits the spot)

Old 11-22-2015, 12:49 PM

52,214 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Quote:
Yup! Going to worry about it again after they pass

My husband is 5'9" (although if you ask him, he's 5'10...lol) and he weighs right around 175. He's always had a thick build and has well-defined muscles and looks good, though another 10lbs of muscle wouldn't hurt him. At 165 he looks awful. I can't imagine what he'd look like at the low end of the chart.

I am at the upper end of the chart too for females...sometimes I look like a big sloppy fat-ass and sometimes I think I look good. It all depends on the day I guess.
Quote:
Oohhhhh well mate......

We're the same height, I'm a 34 waist ( if I lift belly over I have a pair of 32s that fit lol )

Yes I've aimed for 180 ish but the good news is I'm quite built/stocky so I've targeted start of Feb to hit my goal.

Maybe you and me should join a " fat club " together LOL with sea as our cheerleader or moral support..... " oi come on fatty move it!!! "
I pack on muscle pretty easy, or at least I used to, when I was a young man I could bench 225 pretty easily and actually looked pretty good, I saw a pic of me when I went to Hawaii when I was 18 and I was pretty studly then, LOL, course it's easy to be studly when you're a kid.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:52 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,228,599 times
Quote:
Do Americans REALLY have coffee black?

I've had 2 sips of it and ������
I do. I hate hate hate milk and milk analogs, and don't have a sweet tooth. The first few times I tried coffee I thought it was nasty, but after i tried it straight black I got hooked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships