Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2015, 11:49 PM

11,223 posts, read 16,362,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Lol, Mags.
lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Well, got my first official rejection in the job search today, but it's ok, the company I sent my resume to wasn't looking to fill the position I'm looking for, but I forwarded them my resume anyways, but what the hey, it is what it is.....

Cut to me in a couple of months when I've got a shytload of these "polite rejections" under my belt and I'll have to resort to unsavory activities at the local prostitute motel so we can afford to eat some shyt ass taco bell.

Meh. You'll find something, Chow. You're highly qualified at what you do, be it HVAC, or prostitution. lol

My buddy just got in at Chrysler. Mofo just won what in this city, is the freakin lottery.

Old 12-16-2015, 11:54 PM

51,932 posts, read 52,351,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
lol!

Meh. You'll find something, Chow. You're highly qualified at what you do, be it HVAC, or prostitution. lol

My buddy just got in at Chrysler. Mofo just won what in this city, is the freakin lottery.
Yeah, I'm pretty confident in my skills, and that is rare as I'm like ****ing Woody Allen when it comes to self-confidence, but yeah, I think if I can get some face time with an interviewer I can bedazzle him, or should I say dazzle him, as I don't want to glue or attach cheap tacky jewels on the guy.....

In terms of prostitution, yeah, I can smack a bytch with the best of them....

Old 12-16-2015, 11:58 PM

11,223 posts, read 16,362,800 times
Maybe you should get that suit bedazzle IT for an interview!!?

Old 12-17-2015, 12:36 AM

14,771 posts, read 17,056,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post

I figured it out. lol
lol. I thought you would.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm pretty confident in my skills, and that is rare as I'm like ****ing Woody Allen when it comes to self-confidence, but yeah, I think if I can get some face time with an interviewer I can bedazzle him, or should I say dazzle him, as I don't want to glue or attach cheap tacky jewels on the guy.....

In terms of prostitution, yeah, I can smack a bytch with the best of them....
Lol! You do a good Elvis impersonation, don't you? Before prostitution there's that.... lol

You'll be fine once you get an interview

Old 12-17-2015, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
lol. I thought you would.

Lol! You do a good Elvis impersonation, don't you? Before prostitution there's that.... lol

You'll be fine once you get an interview

LOL, There is a fairly long story behind the position I want, but the short version is is that for my industry it's a fairly newer postion, and the people I have dealt with have been pretty incompetent and I wonder if they can do the job, I surely can.. LOL, and again, If you knew my lack of self confidence I've had over the yrs for me to be so bold and sure of myself it's got to be pretty evident I can do the job, but I think once I get in front of the actual interviewer, I can sell that eskimo some ice.....

Old 12-17-2015, 04:28 AM

17,611 posts, read 22,545,215 times
Quote:
lol!!

hmm. Take the other one apart and see how it works

sounds very relaxing

we had a storm here yesterday, winds hit 200km/h ..managed to whip up a little tornado too....
With winds at 200k that makes it pretty rough...

I'm thankful there is very little wind here. We are on a mountain, surrounded by mountains, which protect us.

When we lived in California it got quite windy, at times.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:07 PM

19,241 posts, read 15,111,622 times
I bought some handmade soap to give as Christmas gifts (and took my cut, of course - my percentage as shopper), and they smell really good, but they gave me a sample of their "beer" scent, marketed toward men, I presume. It actually smells good, exactly like a beer, but when you use it, it's just like you spilled beer all over yourself or something. I can just imagine a guy showering with this and then heading in to work. lol

Now I want a beer.

Old 12-17-2015, 03:01 PM

14,771 posts, read 17,056,042 times
Quote:
LOL, There is a fairly long story behind the position I want, but the short version is is that for my industry it's a fairly newer postion, and the people I have dealt with have been pretty incompetent and I wonder if they can do the job, I surely can.. LOL, and again, If you knew my lack of self confidence I've had over the yrs for me to be so bold and sure of myself it's got to be pretty evident I can do the job, but I think once I get in front of the actual interviewer, I can sell that eskimo some ice.....
I can relate.. I was made redundant a few years ago, as they were moving... after 10 years at a place, I was pretty nervous.. but once I was in front of people its fine.. and when you know your stuff, you know.. your stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
With winds at 200k that makes it pretty rough...

I'm thankful there is very little wind here. We are on a mountain, surrounded by mountains, which protect us.

When we lived in California it got quite windy, at times.

We don't normally have such severe winds.. although this was contained to a small area.. it was really windy the other day.. When I got home, there were sheets of metal from god knows where in the yard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I bought some handmade soap to give as Christmas gifts (and took my cut, of course - my percentage as shopper), and they smell really good, but they gave me a sample of their "beer" scent, marketed toward men, I presume. It actually smells good, exactly like a beer, but when you use it, it's just like you spilled beer all over yourself or something. I can just imagine a guy showering with this and then heading in to work. lol

Now I want a beer.
ha! I can see this being very popular... lol

Old 12-17-2015, 03:14 PM

I had to run out to grab a couple things and man, I forgot what a nightmare shopping this time of year is, we usually do all of our Christmas shopping online but I needed a couple of quick things. I head over to Target, no luck finding what I needed, I head over to Kmart and man, I forgot why I don't shop at Kmart, I go there and the lines were fairly long, so I pick what I thought was the shortest. WRONG!!!! I didn't really pay much attention standing there sort of just zoning out and apparently the lady getting checked out had bought everything she needed for Christmas, two carts full of crap, toys and trinket-y garbage, I mean just tons and tons of shyt, it took the checkout girl like 15 minutes to ring it up, bag it and get the woman to pay, the guy behind me I heard him say 'F*ck it' and he dropped his stuff and bounced out of there, the woman behind him was screaming like a banshee to get more help, this sounds like I'm trying to be funny, I'm not.

The young woman in front of me had two little kids in her basket, they were bouncing off the walls, loaded up on lollipops and Cheetos, they were whining and fussing, I'm standing there, my hamstrings are hurting me from my slave labor on the floor yesterday, I get up to the register and the poor cashier looked disheveled and war-weary she starts to ask me if I want to donate to a charity, then asks me debit or credit, then finally if I want a bag for my stuff, I said to her "Please, I just want to get the hell out of here." I was joking and she laughed, but damn...... I really wasn't rude to her, she got the joke.

So I'm pulling into our parking structure at home, I apparently missed a call from Mrs. Chow. Once I got home I saw it and played it on speaker for both of us to hear she was wondering what was taking me so long. I joked and told her what was taking me so long was I was in the Kmart parking lot with a gun to my head....

Old 12-17-2015, 03:41 PM

19,241 posts, read 15,111,622 times
Quote:
We don't normally have such severe winds.. although this was contained to a small area.. it was really windy the other day.. When I got home, there were sheets of metal from god knows where in the yard.

Quote:
ha! I can see this being very popular... lol
There are also wine- and chocolate-scented ones. The chocolates one seriously make me want to eat 'em. And I bought some wine ones as a hostess gift for someone I thought we would be visiting where Chow's dad lives, but come to find out we probably won't be after all. Guess who gets those?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships