Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 10:32 AM

4 posts, read 3,870 times

Advertisements

39 year old single guy:
Rewarding career in engineering. Makes a extremely good salary
Owns a beautiful home in the suburbs
Drives a fancy SUV- Lexus
Dresses very nice and constantly gets great compliments from friends and co-workers
Enjoys dining at nice restaurants
Can come and go as he pleases. No one to answer to
Enjoys going to shows and museums
Has good tastes in fine music
Goes on very nice vacations
Big sports fan
Saves a lot of his money and still has money to spend on things he likes
Invests for his future, family and retirement
Helps out his parents in anyway he can and enjoys visits with them
Has dated many women but is looking for the right woman to build a great relationship with in
hopes to settle and make a family

37 married guy who is financial analyst:
Makes a good salary
Wife worked in marketing but quit job to stay home with kids -3 year old son and 14 month old daughter
Owns a nice home in the suburbs
Drives an average car. Honda Minivan
Dresses average
Can't come and go as he pleases, wife constantly has to know where he is
Can only go for family outings with wife and kids
Constantly has to visit wife's family.
Wife complains when he visits his parents too much and helping them out when they need it
Has to live on family budget due to wife not working.
Can't spend time with his own friends due to family commitments
Can't spend money on things that he wants.

Please vote and say reason why you picked that person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2015, 10:38 AM

500 posts, read 1,177,703 times
These are totally different people, so no comparison can be made. Depends on what this person wants out of life.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:43 AM

102,344 posts, read 108,608,428 times
You already had two threads up yesterday. Except in those, you were 40.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...then-show.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ld-single.html

But if the 39-yr-old in your OP is you, I bet the 37-yr-old is happier, because he has a family. According to your threads, you wish you did, and feel like something's missing in your life.

BTW, in order for people to vote, you have to post a poll.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:47 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,252,721 times
Neither sounds ideal to me but you can't really compare people like this. There's really no point. I'm happy with my life. I don't have to compare myself to anyone else to know this. It's something I feel everyday. I'm happy. I love my life. If you don't feel that way - then work on changing your life. One of my college professors once told me this and these are words I live by, "Don't look beside you, only look in front of you." Don't compare yourself to others. We are all on our own path. Take care of your path.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjones311 View Post
These are totally different people, so no comparison can be made. Depends on what this person wants out of life.
Yes, but what about on the 37 year old that the one statement where the "wife complains that he visits his family too much and has to help out them out"?

He visits his wife's family all the time. Where is the fairnes? Does his wife want for him to disregard his family all the time when they need help with something?

Marriage is supposed to be a 50/50 compromise

Old 04-25-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggyongfjoin View Post
No I am not that person
Well, that's funny. Because that person had a nice car, nice home, enjoyed the same kind of music you do, travelled, enjoyed sporting events, was an engineer, and pretty much had all the same interests and achievements you do. And like you, he (in both his earlier incarnations) was a first-time poster, and was single. Maybe he's your twin brother?

Old 04-25-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggyongfjoin View Post
Yes, but what about on the 37 year old that the one statement where the "wife complains that he visits his family too much and has to help out them out"?

He visits his wife's family all the time. Where is the fairnes? Does his wife want for him to disregard his family all the time when they need help with something?

Marriage is supposed to be a 50/50 compromise
Why are you worried about some other guy, and whether he's getting a fair shake?

Old 04-25-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, that's funny. Because that person had a nice car, nice home, enjoyed the same kind of music you do, travelled, enjoyed sporting events, and pretty much had all the same interests and achievements you do. And like you, he (in both his earlier incarnations) was a first-time poster, and was single. Maybe he's your twin brother?

Not me sorry.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:55 AM

22,145 posts, read 33,745,341 times
The first guy.

Any spouse who is that controlling I would divorce. kids or not.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
The first guy.

Any spouse who is that controlling I would divorce. kids or not.
I agree. There should be fairness when visiting each others family. Not forcing a person to pick and choose which parents to help out and see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships