Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 02:33 PM

3 posts, read 2,432 times

Advertisements

Mod cut.

Ok, that picture is not me, but I have a similar problem. I have lost a lot of hair on top due to unknown reasons, and I've been wearing a hair piece on top to cover the thin areas. With the hair piece, I look can look like a 8/10, but without it, I look drastically different. Otherwise, I think I'm attractive with a great body and face. I am only talking about looks here as I know guys are very sensitive to looks.

Just wondering if guys here would have an issue with this or if they'd freak out? Also, when should I reveal this to the guy I am dating?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-23-2015 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: New members may not post links.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 02:39 PM

102,271 posts, read 108,324,694 times
Not all guys would react the same, OP. You have a right to look presentable. You'll have to be very selective with the guys you choose to continue seeing past the first couple of dates. But you'd want someone with deeper values anyway, wouldn't you? You can discuss it at whatever point you feel comfortable enough with the guy that you want something more serious with him, and you feel he's the right one for you, or could potentially be.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:41 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,369,454 times
If she wanted to date me and I was single, then I would...

Old 04-22-2015, 02:45 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,208,606 times
My hair was heading there too. You could leave the piece on, by the time it comes off, hopefully the guy will like you for you, and not run screaming when he sees. Reveal, I would say after the relationship has gained a bit of substance. Though than can be seen as entrapment possibly.

Thankfully, it's something you can mask. My eyes are messed up, but there's no hiding it, unless I wear a wig or an eye-patch lol

If you want a guy that's a bit more understanding though, then telling him earlier on in the "getting to know you" phase would be best. Because it can be upsetting building a relationship with someone where you feel you need to hide stuff to get them to like you.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:46 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,830,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkmk21 View Post
[Snip.]Ok, that picture is not me, but I have a similar problem. I have lost a lot of hair on top due to unknown reasons, and I've been wearing a hair piece on top to cover the thin areas. With the hair piece, I look can look like a 8/10, but without it, I look drastically different. Otherwise, I think I'm attractive with a great body and face. I am only talking about looks here as I know guys are very sensitive to looks.

Just wondering if guys here would have an issue with this or if they'd freak out? Also, when should I reveal this to the guy I am dating?
I don't think a lot of guys would have an issue with this. That being said, since it is due to unknown reasons, you could very potentially be bald. I think the fair thing is to let guys know early in the process, so you run off guys who are going to have a problem with it off the bat.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-23-2015 at 12:44 PM..

Old 04-22-2015, 02:52 PM

545 posts, read 634,076 times
No I can imagine most guys would be just as attracted, particularly if she still had her smile etc. Would probably want to change shampoo's etc to help keep a fullest look though. With one of my illness flair ups the hair on the top of my head went thin... Not hard to keep it looking full enough.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:01 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,391,328 times
Sure, it's just hair; nothing a wig or hair transplant cant remedy, if she chooses to. Just be up front and honest about it and most guys, I believe, will be cool with it.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:18 PM

52,388 posts, read 52,872,241 times
It shouldn't be that big of deal. I wouldn't blurt it out first thing, but after a couple of dates or so, you could mention that due to some health issues you have to wear a hair piece. I do think that you should mention it fairly early just to weed out those types that would have a problem with it.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:27 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,135,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkmk21 View Post
I wouldn't have an issue, but I'm looking for a lot more in a prospective partner than just hair.

When to tell him is a difficult question. There might come a time when it seems like the right thing to bring up, I guess. How often to you guys talk about potentially sensitive topics?

Old 04-22-2015, 03:58 PM

733 posts, read 1,048,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Not all guys would react the same, OP. You have a right to look presentable. You'll have to be very selective with the guys you choose to continue seeing past the first couple of dates. But you'd want someone with deeper values anyway, wouldn't you? You can discuss it at whatever point you feel comfortable enough with the guy that you want something more serious with him, and you feel he's the right one for you, or could potentially be.
You seem very sympathetic here to her problem but you have in the past referred disdainfully to old bald guys. I guess old bald guys should also expect someone with deeper values, eh?

Also, why do so many people encourage women with hair loss issues to wear wigs but most make fun of men who wear toupees?

Hair loss is no fun for either sex and each person should find his/her preferred way to deal with it without derision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships